• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

TT said on multiple times that the coaching staff has the final say on who makes the roster, meaning Lynn, same as a lot of teams. It is on Lynn if the kicker chosen struggles. And if he listened to Stewart, he should get more blame!

I don't recall ever commenting about Sturgis being okay or not in that Bailey thread, I just pointed out that Bailey's numbers went down 3 straight seasons, which is why he was cut.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
      Daniel Carlson.
      Ooh, good choice
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Heatmiser
        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
        And who is in charge of him getting cut?
        I think I shared this story many times (because, hey, I only got a few good stories) but I met a Chargers scout in the airport early last season. I was wearing a Charger windbreaker and he saw and commented on it and we chatted a bit. Nice guy, but I digress. We talked about several things, but Koo-Lambo was one of them (this was right after Koo got cut). He told me that talent was not why Lambo was cut. He just was not liked in that locker room. The laughing with Janikowski after a loss, turning his back on Koo when he kicked on training camp, his whole vibe was not a fit and team chemistry is stressed under Telesco. So that is why he was cut -- they decided the chemistry of the team was more important that what Lambo brought on the field. At least that is what I was told. And remember, Lambo was a whipping boy for some here when he was the kicker here, too. Many wanted him gone and I remember reading posts that said the Chargers dont have the guts to cut Lambo and we will be stuck with him again, etc.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

I think I shared this story many times (because, hey, I only got a few good stories) but I met a Chargers scout in the airport early last season. I was wearing a Charger windbreaker and he saw and commented on it and we chatted a bit. Nice guy, but I digress. We talked about several things, but Koo-Lambo was one of them (this was right after Koo got cut). He told me that talent was not why Lambo was cut. He just was not liked in that locker room. The laughing with Janikowski after a loss, turning his back on Koo when he kicked on training camp, his whole vibe was not a fit and team chemistry is stressed under Telesco. So that is why he was cut -- they decided the chemistry of the team was more important that what Lambo brought on the field. At least that is what I was told. And remember, Lambo was a whipping boy for some here when he was the kicker here, too. Many wanted him gone and I remember reading posts that said the Chargers dont have the guts to cut Lambo and we will be stuck with him again, etc.

TG
          I just saw your story, and it is quite revealing.

Lambo was immature as a Charger.

We all should be taken aback by what happened vis a vis SeaBass.
          You don't know ball

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

TG
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

TG
              Thanks for the post. I can understand that.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞