• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    I think that Titans DL was more stout than the Rams. Im not certain Gordon breaks off a bunch of big runs. The D played like shit. No if ands or but's about it. Missed tackles and consistent poor gap assignment. We got gashed in the run game and that sets of the play action. Titans dropped passes. Missed a kick. And dominated time of posession. Badgley kills us with short kicks.

Thee are games we always lose in the past. Ill take the W.

Comment

• OhioBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

We lost like games like this before, I take the the win period. I think Melvin Gordon would of made a difference today he is a bigger and more physical player, Eckler is nice in the role he plays but he isn't a starter with his size, nor was none of the small effective backs we have had in the past like Woodhead & Sproles these guys are good change of pace and pass options out of the backfield.

We catch the bye at a good time, hopefully we get Bosa back and the D picks up. There is room to be optimistic this offense has weapons and I think believe it or not what Tyrell Williams has done is going to open up the offense teams have to take notice of a guy who is getting chunk yardage and at the beginning of the year before injuries Rivers top 3 weapons would be Allen, Gordon and Henry this offence can be problems for opponents going forward.

Reason for concern is special teams and Coach Lynn not being agressive.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

5, 5, and 6
        those are the number of plays on the three drives that ended in punts
        our defense is getting smashed all game
        so yes you need to have your offense more focused
        and especially on defense with so many missed and bad tackles
        even against motivated offensive lines
        play calling is absolutely a part but lack of focus ultimately is on Lynn
        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
          You know what I call an ugly win in London?

Same thing I call it state side.

A win.

Titans stunk last week yes, but they win today and they'rei n contention in their division. (They're still in contention, probably)

I was afraid of this game bc Tenn was humiliated last week, while the Chargers had everything break right last week. Add to that, a weird schedule.

Good teams win close games like this.
          Didn't feel like we really "won" this game.

Titans ran a garbage play for the 2 pt conversion and they also had a missed FG. If Vrabel had decided to take us into OT, I have no doubt the Chargers would have lost.

5-2 is nice but the defense is atrocious and Bosa is MIA with no guarantee of return, or that he'll even be healthy or effective when he does.

The defense has the 2nd half of the year to try to get things together.
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

5, 5, and 6
            those are the number of plays on the three drives that ended in punts
            our defense is getting smashed all game
            so yes you need to have your offense more focused
            and especially on defense with so many missed and bad tackles
            even against motivated offensive lines
            play calling is absolutely a part but lack of focus ultimately is on Lynn
            Titans have a good D. Your 5,5, and 6 comments would hold more water if we were playing Tampa.
            Does Lynn get any of the credit that we 14-5 in our last 19 games?

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Didn't feel like we really "won" this game.

Titans ran a garbage play for the 2 pt conversion and they also had a missed FG. If Vrabel had decided to take us into OT, I have no doubt the Chargers would have lost.

5-2 is nice but the defense is atrocious and Bosa is MIA with no guarantee of return, or that he'll even be healthy or effective when he does.

The defense has the 2nd half of the year to try to get things together.

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Well we are tied for the second best record in the AFC, if the playoffs were next week we would be playing a wild card game. Against a team with bigger problems (like the Titans were today). Like I said, playoff win, slop and all.

Also we gave KC two TDs and lost by ten. I call that a garbage W.
                  Last edited by blueman; 10-21-2018, 10:35 PM.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

"Supposed to win by 7". So now we have to win and cover the spread. But when we do that easily like at Cleveland, who while being the browns had played good football prior to our game....and it gets downplayed.
                      tenn is a team that specializes in winning ugly and come out on top in close games. they were desperate with a chip on their shoulder. We won....NEXT.

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                        Well we are tied for the second best record in the AFC, if the playoffs were next week we would be playing a wild card game. Against a team with bigger problems (like the Titans were today). Like I said, playoff win, slop and all.

Also we gave KC two TDs and lost by ten. I call that a garbage W.
                        Of course we're all happy to be 5-2 with room to improve.

I'm just worried it may be a bit of foolsf gold at this point. Hopefully this defense peaks late.
                        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

About now, you can see how the teams should project into the end of the season, based on performance. The Chargers are a top 10 team, the only long term weakness is the Special teams. Yesterday was really bad for the D for tackling, could be due to the travel. If the O was on the field more, the D probably would have played better. However, the D was playing on a short field, then got burned in the last series with that huge run. Also, there were zone pass gaps that were exploited by Mariota by overly deep safety play (Addae). Derwin wasn't a impact player either.

Comment

Working...
                          X