First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raiders to release Bruce Irvin

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...de-bruce-irvin

Any interest?

I don't know if he played for Bradley at all in Seattle, but I know he played pretty well in Seattle- so he probably fits our scheme pretty well. Plus, Landrum hasn't been anything and until Bosa recovers (and probably after) we could use the depth.

Certainly worth a look.

Comment

Peek under the hood. can't hurt......

Comment

There's lots of teams ahead of the Chargers on the waiver wire. Gotta try though.

Comment

I don't think we have the cap space to pick up his contract on waivers. It would have to be after he clears or some restructuring.

Comment

Id pasd unless Philon injury looks bad. Was he claimed?

Comment

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
              Id pasd unless Philon injury looks bad. Was he claimed?
              Irvin to be released Monday.

Comment

Iím in line.

Comment

can he kick?

Comment

Irvin cleared waivers. This means the Raiders have to pay him his remaining $4m. Whatever team signs him he gets that money too. Look for chiefs, Seahawks, rams or patriots to sign him for $500k for the rest of the year. Did he play with Gus in Seattle? Maybe he would play for the bolts? Even if all he does is pass rush he would be worth it for the rest of the season
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                      Irvin cleared waivers. This means the Raiders have to pay him his remaining $4m. Whatever team signs him he gets that money too. Look for chiefs, Seahawks, rams or patriots to sign him for $500k for the rest of the year. Did he play with Gus in Seattle? Maybe he would play for the bolts? Even if all he does is pass rush he would be worth it for the rest of the season
                      We need all the passrush help we can get
                      whose spot does he take? Landrum?
                      When asked when he would play again, Bosa responded with a shrug... Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Comment

I'll be real surprised if we don't at least try to get him.When Bosa is back in the lineup, he'll make our pass rush pretty scary.

Comment

He could come in and help us tear a new one on his former team this coming sunday.... just for fun.

Comment

Ex-Raiders DE Bruce Irvin went unclaimed on waivers and is now free to sign with any team.
                            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

No thanks. He sucks and is all about himself and not winning.

Comment

Will sign with Falcons. Says was offered more money by both Steelers and Patriots but Atlanta is where he is from. Also played under Quinn in Seattle. At least he is out of the AFC.

TG
                                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

I would have liked to have seen the Chargers at least try but Iím not really sure he fits the scheme very well. Not really a need if Bosa is back in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Budsman View Post
                                    I would have liked to have seen the Chargers at least try but Iím not really sure he fits the scheme very well. Not really a need if Bosa is back in a couple of weeks.
                                    Who knows if TT tried or not
                                    If TT decided NOT to offer BI
                                    I take that as a good sign

Whenever a team gets a boost I look to see how that might help/hurt us.

BI to Atlanta doesnít hurt us, but if they can beat the Ravens thatís good as we might possibly be battling with them for a wildcard spot
                                    When asked when he would play again, Bosa responded with a shrug... Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Comment

Originally posted by Budsman View Post
                                      Saw on NFLN that the Bolts reach3d out to Irvin and made an offer but turned down more money from multiple teams to sign in ATL, his hometown.
                                      2019 draft. A work in progress....
                                      Mack Wilson (ILB) BAMA, Jalen Jelks (DE) ORE, Gerald Willis III (DT) the U, Paul Adams (OT) MIZZOU, Nasir Adderley (FS/CB) UD, Davion Davis (WR/RS) SHSU, Eli Dunne (QB) UNI

Comment

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Saw on NFLN that the Bolts reach3d out to Irvin and made an offer but turned down more money from multiple teams to sign in ATL, his hometown.
                                        Good to know. At least we threw our hat in the ring. Sounds like Irvin really wanted to go to Atlanta. I just googled, and he never played under Bradley like I thought he might have, which I thought might have given us an advantage.

Comment

Working...
                                        X