Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ONLY DB who can cover Tyreek Hill is....

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ONLY DB who can cover Tyreek Hill is....

....Jason Verrett. I truly believe he could match him and take him out of a game. IF he could ever be healthy and IF he hasn't lost his speed and quickness with all these injuries. Might be something we never get to see.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

I don't, even when healthy.

Comment

I concur.
      I will not be surprised if we bring back JV on a 1-2 year vet minimum contract laced with incentives.
      If his agility and speed haven’t been diminished he can match any WR.
      Ability to stay healthy is his only major flaw, it’s just a huge issue which may have cost him his career.
      2019 draft. A work in progress....
      Mack Wilson (ILB) BAMA, Jalen Jelks (DE) ORE, Gerald Willis III (DT) the U, Paul Adams (OT) MIZZOU, Nasir Adderley (FS/CB) UD, Davion Davis (WR/RS) SHSU, Eli Dunne (QB) UNI

Comment

No chance they bring him back. You can't miss 55 out of 80 games and expect us to resign him. Even at a cheap price it's throwing away cap space. Time to move on.

Comment

Hill needs double coverage IMO.
          Moving to LA is not a good business decision, it’s a death sentence.

Comment

Imagine this D with Bosa, Verrett, White all playing. Freakin’ scary.

Comment

Originally posted by blueman View Post
              Imagine this D with Bosa, Verrett, White all playing. Freakin’ scary.
              I'm just trying to imagine Verrett playing. Been so long I fforgetwhat it was like.

Comment

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I'm just trying to imagine Verrett playing. Been so long I fforgetwhat it was like.
                I can remember, he was automatic shutdown against practically every WR thrown at him. It was very impressive to see that in the Charger D backfield.

Comment

Didnt he struggle to cover ty hilton who isnt nowhere near as fast?

Comment

I would seriously have no idea who Jason Verrett could or couldnt cover at this point.

I would think injuries have to take their toll at some point
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Verrett has played in one game since Oct 2nd, 2016. In that season he played in 4 games.

Comment

I won’t pretend to know myself but
                        They say michael davis has the physical ability to run with anyone.
                        Obviously he wasn’t even a starter before yesterday, and it’s a long/unlikely journey, but there is hope he can be our “fast wr” cover corner in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post
                          Didnt he struggle to cover ty hilton who isnt nowhere near as fast?
                          JV was so banged up at that point and it was obvious
                          he was a champ for even being out there.
                          When asked when he would play again, Bosa responded with a shrug... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                            I concur.
                            I will not be surprised if we bring back JV on a 1-2 year vet minimum contract laced with incentives.
                            If his agility and speed haven’t been diminished he can match any WR.
                            Ability to stay healthy is his only major flaw, it’s just a huge issue which may have cost him his career.
                            Before the season I would have said no way
                            but suddenly we’re in need at CB
                            heyward has been a tick off all season
                            trevor williams doesn’t look like the same guy either.
                            an incentive based deal works for me

Comment

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

JV was so banged up at that point and it was obvious
                              he was a champ for even being out there.
                              I thought that was ghe game where he got banged up, its been a while but i just remember someone on our team hit him in the knee and down he went. Before that i dont remember him being hurt. I could be wrong, it was a time ago, so its kinda fuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

I thought that was ghe game where he got banged up, its been a while but i just remember someone on our team hit him in the knee and down he went. Before that i dont remember him being hurt. I could be wrong, it was a time ago, so its kinda fuzzy
                                Fuzzy for me too but I think he got hurt in that game for sure and the week prior
                                I just distinctively remember he couldn’t move to save his life

Comment

Before the season I would have said no way
                                  but suddenly we’re in need at CB
                                  heyward has been a tick off all season
                                  trevor williams doesn’t look like the same guy either.
                                  an incentive based deal works for me
                                  I'd guess they will find one that has played in more than 31% of his career. I mean if he just had torn ACLs that's one thing. That happens and you can fix them better than new but he has had two torn labrums, torn patellas and an ACL. He just isn't built for the grind. He is listed at 188 but he isn't that big. He is 5'9", 170 something. Good player but he can't be relied on.

Comment

Fuzzy for me too but I think he got hurt in that game for sure and the week prior
                                    I just distinctively remember he couldn’t move to save his life
                                    I reember him getting hit in the knee on a punt return. And i remember before that him trying to cover hilton but just couldn't.
                                    but i also cant remember if he was hurt going into the game.
                                    if i was a betting man tho, with his history he was most likely hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I'd guess they will find one that has played in more than 31% of his career. I mean if he just had torn ACLs that's one thing. That happens and you can fix them better than new but he has had two torn labrums, torn patellas and an ACL. He just isn't built for the grind. He is listed at 188 but he isn't that big. He is 5'9", 170 something. Good player but he can't be relied on.
                                      I can’t argue with any of that. He’s been a medical bust.
                                      His skillset / athleticism are very uncommon and that at times leads to multiple opportunities. I can see the team possibly doing so.

Combine Results Pro Day Results
                                      Combine Invite: Yes
                                      Height: 5094
                                      Weight: 189
                                      40 Yrd Dash: 4.38
                                      20 Yrd Dash: 2.54
                                      10 Yrd Dash: 1.50
                                      225 Lb. Bench Reps:
                                      Vertical Jump: 39
                                      Broad Jump: 10'08"
                                      20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.00
                                      3-Cone Drill: 6.69
                                      Dates: 03/06/14
                                      40 Yrd Dash:
                                      20 Yrd Dash:
                                      10 Yrd Dash:
                                      225 Lb. Bench Reps: 19
                                      Vertical Jump: 39 1/2
                                      Broad Jump:
                                      20 Yrd Shuttle:
                                      3-Cone Drill:
                                      Draft Scout Snapshot: A closer look at the Chargers' picks: Round 1/25 -- Jason Verrett, CB, 5-9, 189, Texas Christian...We get it -- he's short. But Verrett compensates for not reaching the 5-10 mark with fantastic leaping ability, fluid hips and a knack for competing when the ball is in the air. He might be more suited to play inside, but he'll get a chance there, and on the outside, during camp. The Chargers are desperate for help in the secondary and it appears Verrett can help right away. - The Sports Xchange
                                      If healthy with that listed size, athleticism, skillset he can matchup most anyone. That is a monster IF....
                                      2019 draft. A work in progress....
                                      Mack Wilson (ILB) BAMA, Jalen Jelks (DE) ORE, Gerald Willis III (DT) the U, Paul Adams (OT) MIZZOU, Nasir Adderley (FS/CB) UD, Davion Davis (WR/RS) SHSU, Eli Dunne (QB) UNI

Comment

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I can’t argue with any of that. He’s been a medical bust.
                                        His skillset / athleticism are very uncommon and that at times leads to multiple opportunities. I can see the team possibly doing so.
                                        Combine Results Pro Day Results
                                        Combine Invite: Yes
                                        40 Yrd Dash: 4.38
                                        20 Yrd Dash: 2.54
                                        10 Yrd Dash: 1.50
                                        225 Lb. Bench Reps:
                                        Vertical Jump: 39
                                        Broad Jump: 10'08"
                                        20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.00
                                        3-Cone Drill: 6.69
                                        Dates: 03/06/14
                                        40 Yrd Dash:
                                        20 Yrd Dash:
                                        10 Yrd Dash:
                                        225 Lb. Bench Reps: 19
                                        Vertical Jump: 39 1/2
                                        Broad Jump:
                                        20 Yrd Shuttle:
                                        3-Cone Drill:
                                        Draft Scout Snapshot: A closer look at the Chargers' picks: Round 1/25 -- Jason Verrett, CB, 5-9, 189, Texas Christian...We get it -- he's short. But Verrett compensates for not reaching the 5-10 mark with fantastic leaping ability, fluid hips and a knack for competing when the ball is in the air. He might be more suited to play inside, but he'll get a chance there, and on the outside, during camp. The Chargers are desperate for help in the secondary and it appears Verrett can help right away. - The Sports Xchange
                                        If healthy with that listed size, athleticism, skillset he can matchup most anyone. That is a monster IF....
                                        But he isn't 189 lbs. He played the college year at 175 and he showed up at the combine at that weight because many thought he was too small. He hasn't maintained that weight and I think it was pretty obvious.
                                        It's like the Chargers listing Hardwick at 305 while Hardwick saying he had a hard time keeping the weight on and would lose 20-25 during the season. Same thing with Donnie Edwards.
                                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-06-2018, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X