Clear All
  • Coachmarkos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
    From what I've read I like the way he ran OTAs and mini camp but I still have no idea if he's a good or bad HC. Really wont know until they start playing real games and even then there might be growing pains for a first time HC. Or it could even be a quick start as opponents don't have tape on McCoy as a HC.
    Put me in this group too... cautiously optimistic?

One thing I worry about, is McCoy's sort of "build around your strengths" style... can be harder to learn and adapt to... could be a bit of a steeper learning curve than say a Schottenheimer-ish..."this is the way we do things".

Takes time to figure out who can do what and where...especially when games start.

Although one thing does have me hopeful for a fast start... McCoy was Joshy's OC when the Broncos started 6-0 and Norv and AJ could learn something... so it's possible for him to come with like oip says, "a quick start".
    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
      Although one thing does have me hopeful for a fast start... McCoy was Joshy's OC when the Broncos started 6-0 and Norv and AJ could learn something... so it's possible for him to come with like oip says, "a quick start".
      Thats what I was thinking of but didn't want to say it because of what happened after 6-0.
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Coachmarkos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • SoDak
        • Technology Director
        • Send PM

I'll just go ahead and blame the collapse on Josh. McCoy was good enough for Fox to keep him on staff? right? (wishful thinking!)
        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Zot
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
          Nope, I'm, gonna feel good about the new guy NOW. Just too much crap the past few years not to. If McCoy sucks he can go on the crap pile too, but right now Hope is the word, deal with whatever later.
          This ^

Comment

Working...
          X