First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UtahBolt
    Did we win?
    • Jun 2013
    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
    • Send PM

Anyone know if the smoke will be a factor tomorrow? Heard the bay area is covered in it....
    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

California wildfires affect practices for Rams, Raiders

9:55 PM PT

The Los Angeles Rams canceled practice and the Oakland Raiders were limited to just a walkthrough because of raging wildfires in California on Friday.
      The Rams' top priority was to ensure the safety of players, coaches, staff members and their families, many of whom live in Ventura and Los Angeles county communities where an estimated 75,000 homes have been placed under evacuation orders because of the Woolsey Fire.
      "We just felt like the most important thing was for the guys to be with their families, their wives and their kids and be that support structure and do things the right way and not have them come in and be totally distracted like I know I would be if I was in their role," coach Sean McVay said.

Firefighters from various departments work to protect structures Friday as the Woolsey Fire moves through Agoura Hills, which is where the Rams' business headquarters are located. The team trains in nearby Thousand Oaks and had to cancel practice Friday. Matthew Simmons/Getty Images Forty-five people in the organization, including 20 players and coaches, were evacuated from their homes.
      Meanwhile, the Raiders, affected by poor air quality stemming from the Camp Fire in Northern California, also adjusted their schedule from what was scheduled to be a full practice.

Raiders coach Jon Gruden said he "did not know" if the air quality might affect Sunday's home game against the Los Angeles Chargers.
      "I just hope that the fires go away," Gruden said. "I'm more concerned about a lot of people that are being impacted by this. We'll react to whatever the circumstances are [regarding the game]. Let's hope that, you know, this ends fast."
      The NFL issued a statement on Friday saying they are "monitoring conditions in California and are in close communication with the clubs and local authorities," but Sunday's games are still scheduled to begin at their regularly scheduled times.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

I predict the game will be moved.

And for kicks, I'll predict the game will be moved to San Diego.
        Last edited by Formula 21; 11-10-2018, 11:36 AM.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• RTPbolt
          Charger Fan till the end
          • Jun 2013
          • North Carolina
          • Send PM

No chance of moving now due to timing unless cancelled and a major rescheduling mess. I think yhey play.

Comment

• SDFan
            Woober Goober
            • Jun 2013
            • Dolores, CO
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
            I predict the game will be moved.

And for kicks, I'll predict the game will be moved to San Diego.
            that would be ironic, and I had the same thought. On a related note, I've often thought the beginning of the end of the Chargers successful run under AJ Smith was that game that got moved from SD to PHX because of wildfires in SD. Miami was a crap team and the Chargers heavily favored to win- and they folded like a cheap tent and seemed to go downhill from there under NOrv.
            Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
            X