• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Brown is sure playing well these last five games or so, much better than he ever has.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      Im ready to move on. Im kind of glad this happened because long term i wouldn't mind looking to the draft for a MLB. And with this team being so fightforeachother i figured if he made it out of alive this season he would get a long term contract. But i wouldnt have felt secure about it. Hopefully they look for a stud to play inside. DT and now MLB are must gets. FS as well. Or a CB that can play FS. Couldnt ask for a more perfect draft to continue to build the defense. Id target an OL and go D again.

I also like Scott but with Benjamin likely cut and Tyrell likely moving on we may look at another WR in the middle rounds.

As much as i love Derwin and wouldnt change the pick for anything....imagine my other favorite player Vander Esch on the inside. We need a player like that.
      If they move on from Perryman then id say absolutely they keep Tyrell. He has made a lot of strides this season as far as fighting for the ball. Need to keep the three WRs that are producing though id like to see Mike Williams get more chances. I like Scott as well who will just take Benjamins roster spot.
      Everything else, yes, DT, MLB, Safety and OT.

Didnt Jatavis Brown play MLB in college at Akron? He played one of the ILB spots for us when we played a 3-4 when Te'o went down and played well.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-12-2018, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• Heatmiser
        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Perryman has been injured every year he has been a pro. And this is his contract year, right? I have been concerned Chargers would sign him to a big contract only to see him miss more games due to injury. This may be a blessing in disguise. Good thing Pullard was still out there

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

What's weird is less Perryman and White, we're back to the LBs we had early last season, when we flat out sucked. Nwosu is the only newbie out there, and is playing limited snaps. Is this Bradley's doing? Whatever, just glad we can play at this level with the guys we got. (and please yes let's draft another LB!)

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Dang, that sucks. I like his play. Seems to be injured quite a bit, though.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

I thought Brown had a pretty solid game. Was in on 90% of the snaps out of need. Was ranked our best player Sunday by PFF. I think he plays inside and Phillips Weak. We are in our base D so little that having Browns speed could help us in our money D. Pullard can plug holes on early downs with Jatavis outside. I do expect Jatavis to get hurt with a major influx of snaps. Its just the way things go with our LBs. I think if we bring in a guy it could be a weakside player. Pullard knows the calls. Thats why he is here. You dont really bring in a street FA and put him inside in this complex of a D. Brown struggled to get Bradleys D. He is slowly getting more familiar with it.

Im just shocked with Perrymans injury history that we havnt thought about drafting a guy to back him up. Instead of the idea that we can use Brown there if something happens with Perryman. I think White was meant to be a guy that can do what Brown and Phillips does without the need to sub. So Phillips would back up White and Brown could back up both spots. But still hes not the most durable guy.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Comment

• chargerUce
                    CHEE-HOO!!!!
                    • Sep 2018
                    • southern cal
                    • Send PM

tough dude but it was bound to happen..

Comment

• Boltsfan70
                      East Coast Chargers Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • PA transplant living in S. Carolina
                      • Send PM

That makes our run defense weaker

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Bolts have 2 LB on the practice squad. Both a bit undersized for the Mike, but TreVon Johnson has borderline size for it. He is a small school guy, but very productive and is way faster than Perryman. I would rather see him called up than sign someone like Derrick Johnson who is just done.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Budsman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                          We will most likely call up Trev Johnson from the ps.

Comment

Working...
                          X