• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Screeme
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    So we have to go to Pittsburgh again? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
    Exactly what I was thinking. I'd just as soon not have to go to Pitt again!

Comment

• HollywoodLeo
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by JupiterBolt View Post
      Finishing 2-2 will clinch the wildcard. 4-0 might win the division.
      Need KC to lose another game besides the Thursday Night game for the division win to happen

Comment

• HollywoodLeo
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by rikardo View Post
        If we win out and KC lose to Sea (and lose to use) do the Chargers get the #1 seed?
        Depends on what New England and Houston do, both of which can also finish 13-3

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Time for a Philcember to remember.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• HollywoodLeo
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

If they can't win a rematch in Pittsburgh then they're not a SB caliber team anyway

Comment

• HollywoodLeo
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post

Assuming we win out and Texas and NE win out we would be 2 seed. Same record, same conference record, NE beats Texas in head to head and NE just nips us in common opponents. Both Texas and NE lost to Tennessee but NE beat KC and best we could do is split with them. KC has 2 more losses in them, Us and Seattle
              According to the playoff generator, all 3 teams at 13-3 (and KC at 12-4) results in Houston with the #1 seed, NE with the #2 seed, and LAC with the #3 seed

I'm not sure if messing around with other games that I just had all home teams winning would affect that due to common games or not, however.

Comment

• Screeme
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                It's getting close to where we need to run those simulations on ole playoff machine.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine
                I was just playing with it. Us just winning out isn't enough for better than the 5 seed unless KC gets another loss.

KC's hardest games ahead are Ravens in KC (Which I suspect theyll probably win) and Seattle in Seattle (which could be a good game!)

The Ravens vs KC would probably be the ideal win for us. Since Pitt has a couple tough games upcoming in the Saints and Pat's.. The Ravens winning that game probably gives them the edge in their division.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                  Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by HollywoodLeo View Post

According to the playoff generator, all 3 teams at 13-3 (and KC at 12-4) results in Houston with the #1 seed, NE with the #2 seed, and LAC with the #3 seed

I'm not sure if messing around with other games that I just had all home teams winning would affect that due to common games or not, however.
                  Well, assuming all 3 finish 13-3 then the first tiebreaker is record which is same. so the second tiebreaker is head to head and NE beat Houston. If we all win out no way for Houston to be 1st seed. All three teams have 2 losses in AFC. NE would have better record against common opponents over us and beat Houston head to head. If all three win out NE would be #1 seed

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Several scenarios show the Chargers clinching the #6 seed, essentially with a win and Denver losing against the Niners, and other games with the better records winning.

Comment

• HollywoodLeo
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post

Well, assuming all 3 finish 13-3 then the first tiebreaker is record which is same. so the second tiebreaker is head to head and NE beat Houston. If we all win out no way for Houston to be 1st seed. All three teams have 2 losses in AFC. NE would have better record against common opponents over us and beat Houston head to head. If all three win out NE would be #1 seed
                      I'm just going by what the playoff generator showed. I know the three way tie breaker scenarios can make things less straight forward, though

Comment

• KYBoltsFan
                        THERE'S A GLEAM, MEN
                        Generous Donor
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

We actually have a good record vs PIT in the playoffs. Bring it on we'll kick their ass
                        NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Comment

• HollywoodLeo
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
                          2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
                          3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
                          4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
                          5. Strength of victory.
                          6. Strength of schedule.
                          7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
                          8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
                          9. Best net points in conference games.
                          10. Best net points in all games.
                          11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
                          12. Coin toss
                          Head to head doesn't apply as they didn't all play each other (so there's no sweeps) and we're still dealing with a three way tie.

They'd have equal conference records if they all win out and I don't think they have the minimum of 4 common opponents (Buffalo is the only team all 3 played)

It'd probably come down to strength of victory, which means it could probably deviate depending on other games but it basically comes down to the teams that all 3 teams have beat. Houston probably has the strongest of that.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍