X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barksdale Released

Its not official. Something tells me he may be retiring.

​​​​​​

Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

time to work on that music career
      Chagras Got no barg!!!!!!!

Comment

Bringing Dylan Cantrell back onto the active roster in a corresponding move. I like it!

Comment

Why?

Thank heavens Tevi is improving.
          Moving to LA is not a good business decision, it’s a death sentence.

Comment

With Lamp unable to push Schofield to the bench i wonder if he would be able to improve our play over Tevi?

Comment

I am guessing it means Lamp is ready to play and can move into the swing backup role.

Comment

I dont think there has been any mention of Lamp practicing at RT. I think this could mean Trent Scott is turning heads? The fact Lamp isnt even active for games is pretty telling.

Comment

Strange. He was inactive for "personal reasons" this week, right? He talked about some mental health struggles before the season. I wonder if he asked to be released for that reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    I dont think there has been any mention of Lamp practicing at RT. I think this could mean Trent Scott is turning heads? The fact Lamp isnt even active for games is pretty telling.
                    My thought was maybe Lamp is finally ready to be active as the backup. I'm sure we'll find out more over the next few days.

Comment

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

My thought was maybe Lamp is finally ready to be active as the backup. I'm sure we'll find out more over the next few days.
                      Hope so. hes sort of starting to look like a bad pick. Feeney really had a good 2nd half last night. Hes far from dominant but for a 3rd rounder he has been fairly solid.

Comment

Something happened off the field. This is not a football move. Kudos to Telesco and his scouts for finding Tevi and to the coaching staff for coaching him up into a servicable player. Not bad for a 7th? Round pick.

I hope Barksdale is ok. Mebane, too.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Was Joe hanging out with Hunt that night??
                          jk
                          all the best big JoeB
                          Y’all had it easy. Now BOSA’s back.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

What sort of cap savings is this? 4-5M ? Wish there was someone better than Geno to hold clipboard.

Comment

Lynn said he had a “good conversation” with Barksdale on Monday morning, adding that it was an amicable parting.

“We’re in a good place, and Joe’s in a good place,” Lynn said.

I hope Joe is OK
                              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Joes has mentioned in the past he struggles with Depression. I sort of think it reared its ugly head when he got hurt.

Comment

My thoughts exactly Fleet, this does not seem to be simply a personnel move. I bet Joe is having some issues and needs time away to get right. I wish him well.
                                  I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
                                    What sort of cap savings is this? 4-5M ? Wish there was someone better than Geno to hold clipboard.
                                    $5.3 mil cap savings in 2019.
                                    2019 draft. A work in progress that’s getting closer......
                                    Lyndell Wilson (ILB) BAMA, Max Scharping (OT) NIU, Delvon Randall (S) TEM, Cortez Broughton (DT) UC, Davion Davis (WR/KR) SHSU, Dewayne Hendrix (DE) PITT, David Blough (QB) PU

Comment

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

$5.3 mil cap savings in 2019.
                                      I’d take Tyrod Taylor for $5m a year over Geno at any price.

Comment

Well, hope to see what Cantrell will bring, but for now he's probably Special Teams filler, if he even makes the day roster.. However, I think they underutilized the Williamses vs. the Steelers.

Like Lynn said, no good time to make this move, but if they think someone is ready to fill the role better than Barksdale, so be it.

Comment

Working...
                                        X