X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice to see TPB still alive!

Mostly a lurker in the past, but just now returning from the dead. Got a nasty case of necrotizing fasciitis, MRSA, gangrene and went septic in the leg. Came within minutes of dying, got a new lease on life minus 1 leg (and lots of fun nerve damage). Been going through intense rehab and therapy from late May/June. Just now starting to get back to some normalcy.

Been an exciting year, wish we had seen this team in SD. Hopefully we can finally get that ring for Rivers, Gates and the rest of the squad.

Its nice to see this board active and still going.

Great seeing you back. I think everyone wonders what the buzz would be right now if this team was in SD

Comment

The stadium would be electric if they were here. I do think it would be home team again, sea of blue.

It's to bad they Did not move to a place like Orange County. I think it would have stung less than Smell A (being SD would be the best of course).

I have noticed that the court of public opinion is switching slowly. Some fans are returning to the team (see it happening on FB groups). Winning has a strange effect on people.

Comment

Damn bro im really happy to see you and hear you are doing ok. I had no idea. I know nerve pain well. Its a daily battle. Glad you made it through man. Let us know when you are battling and we will battle with you. Alongside you.

Mojo is strong here.

Comment

I was not really in any position to post or be a part of life until last few weeks. I tripped down some steps, got a severe compound fracture in the ankle. Somehow that flesh eating disorder is scary stuff. It went up my leg fast and furious. Turned my ankle and foot black overnight I don't even remember the ambulance ride only 10 minutes away. Medically induced coma for almost a week. 3 major surgeries, massive loss of blood.

Nerve pain is a bitch. I got critical illness neuropathy, basically my immune system attacked my nervous system from the NF while in a coma. Been hospitalized and in rehab centers since early June. Now I am the 6 million dollar man with a $40k knee, learning how to walk again.

I highly recommend avoiding a EMG and a nerve conduction study if you don't have to. Those suck. Lost my 100 WPM typing, working to get it back.

I'm thankful to be alive. And thrilled to see that TPB is going strong again. This is a safe haven on the internet, have always appreciated what you and the moderators have provided. Class place with good knowledgeable fans. Best Chargers and Sports forum I've seen

Comment

Originally posted by boldarblood View Post
            Mostly a lurker in the past, but just now returning from the dead. Got a nasty case of necrotizing fasciitis, MRSA, gangrene and went septic in the leg. Came within minutes of dying, got a new lease on life minus 1 leg (and lots of fun nerve damage). Been going through intense rehab and therapy from late May/June. Just now starting to get back to some normalcy.

Been an exciting year, wish we had seen this team in SD. Hopefully we can finally get that ring for Rivers, Gates and the rest of the squad.

Good to hear you’re doing better.
            Moving to LA is not a good business decision, it’s a death sentence.

Comment

MOJO to you in your recovery

Panama has the second largest stem cell therapy program in the world I believe. My understand8ng is it can do wonders for nerve damage. You may want to check into it.
              Last edited by Panamamike; 12-04-2018, 08:02 PM.

Comment

I was not really in any position to post or be a part of life until last few weeks. I tripped down some steps, got a severe compound fracture in the ankle. Somehow that flesh eating disorder is scary stuff. It went up my leg fast and furious. Turned my ankle and foot black overnight I don't even remember the ambulance ride only 10 minutes away. Medically induced coma for almost a week. 3 major surgeries, massive loss of blood.

Nerve pain is a bitch. I got critical illness neuropathy, basically my immune system attacked my nervous system from the NF while in a coma. Been hospitalized and in rehab centers since early June. Now I am the 6 million dollar man with a $40k knee, learning how to walk again.

I highly recommend avoiding a EMG and a nerve conduction study if you don't have to. Those suck. Lost my 100 WPM typing, working to get it back.

I'm thankful to be alive. And thrilled to see that TPB is going strong again. This is a safe haven on the internet, have always appreciated what you and the moderators have provided. Class place with good knowledgeable fans. Best Chargers and Sports forum I've seen
                That means a lot to me brother. The staff has been great. Rolling Thunder has really been the prize for us. Because without him and Namecheap sponsoring us this would be a 8K a year bill for me. And without him we are done.

Im really stoked you made it through. You hang tough and we are always here for you. Hope you can spend a little time with us while you fight the good fight.

Comment

Thanks toRolling Thunder, Namecheap and Fleet for bring us the best spot on the web.
                  Moving to LA is not a good business decision, it’s a death sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                    Thanks toRolling Thunder, Namecheap and Fleet for bring us the best spot on the web.
                    Nominated POTD
                    2019 draft. A work in progress that’s getting closer......
                    Lyndell Wilson (ILB) BAMA, Max Scharping (OT) NIU, Delvon Randall (S) TEM, Cortez Broughton (DT) UC, Davion Davis (WR/KR) SHSU, Dewayne Hendrix (DE) PITT, David Blough (QB) PU

Comment

Glad to hear things are going better man. That had to be rough.
                      Keep your head held high and Bolt Up!
                      2019 draft. A work in progress that’s getting closer......
                      Lyndell Wilson (ILB) BAMA, Max Scharping (OT) NIU, Delvon Randall (S) TEM, Cortez Broughton (DT) UC, Davion Davis (WR/KR) SHSU, Dewayne Hendrix (DE) PITT, David Blough (QB) PU

Comment

Sounds like an EPIC battle boldarblood! Keep fighting the good fight!
                        MOJO brother.

Comment

Mojo for sure! Life has its moments doesnt it....so glad you are still with us. We are hear for you even in NC!

kevin

Comment

MOJO boldar!

Comment

Congratulations on making it through! Mamma used to say "whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger". You definitely get a new appreciation for simple things in life after an experience like this. Had my own almost exactly 2 years ago: went in for knee replacement after putting it off 40 years. Surgery was success, but I picked up C-Diff and E-Coli in hospital and got re-admitted a couple days later on death's doorstep. Had no red blood cells at all and Sepsis shutting down all my organs. They were worried about infection in my new knee and threatening to remove my Colon for 4 days. All this happened while we were in the middle of moving from SD to Colorado after 8 years of planning and preparing. I was pissed off when I woke up from the drug sleep! 6 days in ICU (including New Year's) and a super smart young lady Doctor saved my life. Eventually made a full recovery and healthy since then, but I found out your mental strength and positive attitude really make the difference between recovery or slipping away into darkness.

Keep up your hard work and make the best life you can with your 2nd chance Brother! Mucho Mojo!

Paul
                              Chagras Got no barg!!!!!!!

Comment

Wow just, wow, so glad you are doing okay, gotta keep this Mojo going for ya!

Comment

Man, great to see you back and I'm glad you're ok all things considered. Massive MOJO for your recovery.

Comment

What a terrifying, crazy, random thing to have happen and end up with such serious consequences. So glad you made it through bb and welcome back. MOJO the rest of the way as you get back on your feet (or foot)!
                                    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

Wow, glad you made it through in the end. Losing a leg sucks but better than the alternative. You never know what is going on in people's lives in here when you don't see them around.
                                      Glad you are doing better. Go Bolts!

Comment

Originally posted by SDfan View Post

Congratulations on making it through! Mamma used to say "whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger". You definitely get a new appreciation for simple things in life after an experience like this. Had my own almost exactly 2 years ago: went in for knee replacement after putting it off 40 years. Surgery was success, but I picked up C-Diff and E-Coli in hospital and got re-admitted a couple days later on death's doorstep. Had no red blood cells at all and Sepsis shutting down all my organs. They were worried about infection in my new knee and threatening to remove my Colon for 4 days. All this happened while we were in the middle of moving from SD to Colorado after 8 years of planning and preparing. I was pissed off when I woke up from the drug sleep! 6 days in ICU (including New Year's) and a super smart young lady Doctor saved my life. Eventually made a full recovery and healthy since then, but I found out your mental strength and positive attitude really make the difference between recovery or slipping away into darkness.

Keep up your hard work and make the best life you can with your 2nd chance Brother! Mucho Mojo!

Paul
                                        Not what I want to read when I'm having my second knee replacement on Dec 13th. I figure this is very random but you never know.
                                        Glad things worked out for you and I'mhoping for no such issues.

Comment

Working...
                                        X