• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boldarblood
    Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Nice to see TPB still alive!

Mostly a lurker in the past, but just now returning from the dead. Got a nasty case of necrotizing fasciitis, MRSA, gangrene and went septic in the leg. Came within minutes of dying, got a new lease on life minus 1 leg (and lots of fun nerve damage). Been going through intense rehab and therapy from late May/June. Just now starting to get back to some normalcy.

Been an exciting year, wish we had seen this team in SD. Hopefully we can finally get that ring for Rivers, Gates and the rest of the squad.

Its nice to see this board active and still going.
  • Rugger05
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Great seeing you back. I think everyone wonders what the buzz would be right now if this team was in SD

Comment

• boldarblood
      Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

The stadium would be electric if they were here. I do think it would be home team again, sea of blue.

It's to bad they Did not move to a place like Orange County. I think it would have stung less than Smell A (being SD would be the best of course).

I have noticed that the court of public opinion is switching slowly. Some fans are returning to the team (see it happening on FB groups). Winning has a strange effect on people.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Damn bro im really happy to see you and hear you are doing ok. I had no idea. I know nerve pain well. Its a daily battle. Glad you made it through man. Let us know when you are battling and we will battle with you. Alongside you.

Mojo is strong here.

Comment

• boldarblood
          Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I was not really in any position to post or be a part of life until last few weeks. I tripped down some steps, got a severe compound fracture in the ankle. Somehow that flesh eating disorder is scary stuff. It went up my leg fast and furious. Turned my ankle and foot black overnight I don't even remember the ambulance ride only 10 minutes away. Medically induced coma for almost a week. 3 major surgeries, massive loss of blood.

Nerve pain is a bitch. I got critical illness neuropathy, basically my immune system attacked my nervous system from the NF while in a coma. Been hospitalized and in rehab centers since early June. Now I am the 6 million dollar man with a $40k knee, learning how to walk again.

I highly recommend avoiding a EMG and a nerve conduction study if you don't have to. Those suck. Lost my 100 WPM typing, working to get it back.

I'm thankful to be alive. And thrilled to see that TPB is going strong again. This is a safe haven on the internet, have always appreciated what you and the moderators have provided. Class place with good knowledgeable fans. Best Chargers and Sports forum I've seen

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by boldarblood View Post
            Mostly a lurker in the past, but just now returning from the dead. Got a nasty case of necrotizing fasciitis, MRSA, gangrene and went septic in the leg. Came within minutes of dying, got a new lease on life minus 1 leg (and lots of fun nerve damage). Been going through intense rehab and therapy from late May/June. Just now starting to get back to some normalcy.

Been an exciting year, wish we had seen this team in SD. Hopefully we can finally get that ring for Rivers, Gates and the rest of the squad.

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

MOJO to you in your recovery

Panama has the second largest stem cell therapy program in the world I believe. My understand8ng is it can do wonders for nerve damage. You may want to check into it.
              Last edited by Panamamike; 12-04-2018, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

I was not really in any position to post or be a part of life until last few weeks. I tripped down some steps, got a severe compound fracture in the ankle. Somehow that flesh eating disorder is scary stuff. It went up my leg fast and furious. Turned my ankle and foot black overnight I don't even remember the ambulance ride only 10 minutes away. Medically induced coma for almost a week. 3 major surgeries, massive loss of blood.

Nerve pain is a bitch. I got critical illness neuropathy, basically my immune system attacked my nervous system from the NF while in a coma. Been hospitalized and in rehab centers since early June. Now I am the 6 million dollar man with a $40k knee, learning how to walk again.

I highly recommend avoiding a EMG and a nerve conduction study if you don't have to. Those suck. Lost my 100 WPM typing, working to get it back.

I'm thankful to be alive. And thrilled to see that TPB is going strong again. This is a safe haven on the internet, have always appreciated what you and the moderators have provided. Class place with good knowledgeable fans. Best Chargers and Sports forum I've seen
                That means a lot to me brother. The staff has been great. Rolling Thunder has really been the prize for us. Because without him and Namecheap sponsoring us this would be a 8K a year bill for me. And without him we are done.

Im really stoked you made it through. You hang tough and we are always here for you. Hope you can spend a little time with us while you fight the good fight.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Thanks toRolling Thunder, Namecheap and Fleet for bring us the best spot on the web.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                    Thanks toRolling Thunder, Namecheap and Fleet for bring us the best spot on the web.
                    Nominated POTD
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Glad to hear things are going better man. That had to be rough.
                      Keep your head held high and Bolt Up!
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

Sounds like an EPIC battle boldarblood! Keep fighting the good fight!
                        MOJO brother.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡