• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

Mojo for sure! Life has its moments doesnt it....so glad you are still with us. We are hear for you even in NC!

kevin

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

MOJO boldar!

Comment

• SDFan
        Woober Goober
        • Jun 2013
        • Dolores, CO
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by boldarblood View Post
        Mostly a lurker in the past, but just now returning from the dead. Got a nasty case of necrotizing fasciitis, MRSA, gangrene and went septic in the leg. Came within minutes of dying, got a new lease on life minus 1 leg (and lots of fun nerve damage). Been going through intense rehab and therapy from late May/June. Just now starting to get back to some normalcy.

Been an exciting year, wish we had seen this team in SD. Hopefully we can finally get that ring for Rivers, Gates and the rest of the squad.

Its nice to see this board active and still going.
        Congratulations on making it through! Mamma used to say "whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger". You definitely get a new appreciation for simple things in life after an experience like this. Had my own almost exactly 2 years ago: went in for knee replacement after putting it off 40 years. Surgery was success, but I picked up C-Diff and E-Coli in hospital and got re-admitted a couple days later on death's doorstep. Had no red blood cells at all and Sepsis shutting down all my organs. They were worried about infection in my new knee and threatening to remove my Colon for 4 days. All this happened while we were in the middle of moving from SD to Colorado after 8 years of planning and preparing. I was pissed off when I woke up from the drug sleep! 6 days in ICU (including New Year's) and a super smart young lady Doctor saved my life. Eventually made a full recovery and healthy since then, but I found out your mental strength and positive attitude really make the difference between recovery or slipping away into darkness.

Keep up your hard work and make the best life you can with your 2nd chance Brother! Mucho Mojo!

Paul
        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Wow just, wow, so glad you are doing okay, gotta keep this Mojo going for ya!

Comment

Man, great to see you back and I'm glad you're ok all things considered. Massive MOJO for your recovery.

Comment

• UtahBolt
              Did we win?
              • Jun 2013
              • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
              • Send PM

What a terrifying, crazy, random thing to have happen and end up with such serious consequences. So glad you made it through bb and welcome back. MOJO the rest of the way as you get back on your feet (or foot)!
              I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Wow, glad you made it through in the end. Losing a leg sucks but better than the alternative. You never know what is going on in people's lives in here when you don't see them around.
                Glad you are doing better. Go Bolts!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post

Congratulations on making it through! Mamma used to say "whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger". You definitely get a new appreciation for simple things in life after an experience like this. Had my own almost exactly 2 years ago: went in for knee replacement after putting it off 40 years. Surgery was success, but I picked up C-Diff and E-Coli in hospital and got re-admitted a couple days later on death's doorstep. Had no red blood cells at all and Sepsis shutting down all my organs. They were worried about infection in my new knee and threatening to remove my Colon for 4 days. All this happened while we were in the middle of moving from SD to Colorado after 8 years of planning and preparing. I was pissed off when I woke up from the drug sleep! 6 days in ICU (including New Year's) and a super smart young lady Doctor saved my life. Eventually made a full recovery and healthy since then, but I found out your mental strength and positive attitude really make the difference between recovery or slipping away into darkness.

Keep up your hard work and make the best life you can with your 2nd chance Brother! Mucho Mojo!

Paul
                  Not what I want to read when I'm having my second knee replacement on Dec 13th. I figure this is very random but you never know.
                  Glad things worked out for you and I'mhoping for no such issues.

Comment

• SDFan
                    Woober Goober
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Dolores, CO
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not what I want to read when I'm having my second knee replacement on Dec 13th. I figure this is very random but you never know.
                    Glad things worked out for you and I'mhoping for no such issues.
                    wasn't trying to spook anybody on the knee replacement :redface: The operation itself and surgeon were top notch and the knee has been really good for 2 years now, including lots of sports like riding mountain bikes and motorcycles. The infections happened because I got bad advice about taking antibiotics as a "precaution against infection" from a carpal tunnel surgery I had 2 weeks before the knee replacement. Bottom line was antibiotics wipe out all your gut bacteria- bad AND good- so my immune system was compromised going into surgery and allowed the crap floating around the hospital to get in there and attack. If I had refused the "preventative" antibiotics, or postponed the knee surgery until they cleared my system it never would have happened.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

wasn't trying to spook anybody on the knee replacement :redface: The operation itself and surgeon were top notch and the knee has been really good for 2 years now, including lots of sports like riding mountain bikes and motorcycles. The infections happened because I got bad advice about taking antibiotics as a "precaution against infection" from a carpal tunnel surgery I had 2 weeks before the knee replacement. Bottom line was antibiotics wipe out all your gut bacteria- bad AND good- so my immune system was compromised going into surgery and allowed the crap floating around the hospital to get in there and attack. If I had refused the "preventative" antibiotics, or postponed the knee surgery until they cleared my system it never would have happened.
                      They gave me a drip antibiotic for my first one. I think anyways lol. All the drugs I was on I don't recall. I also got a knee block prior to.

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

They gave me a drip antibiotic for my first one. I think anyways lol. All the drugs I was on I don't recall. I also got a knee block prior to.
                        I had the drip during surgery also, and it was the same drug they saved me with later! My problem stemmed from antibiotics taken the week BEFORE surgery. Also had the knee block and it had bad aftereffects post surgery. I wouldn't do that again- don't think I needed it for pain relief.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

I had the drip during surgery also, and it was the same drug they saved me with later! My problem stemmed from antibiotics taken the week BEFORE surgery. Also had the knee block and it had bad aftereffects post surgery. I wouldn't do that again- don't think I needed it for pain relief.
                          Hmm, i didnt notice the block helping either. Still had a lot of pain after but i got it the day before and never had one before so i dont know if it helped or not to be honest. But i didnt have any after effects from it. Glad it all worked out for you. I just hope to avoid any infections.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍