• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
    I thought Ek had a shoulder issue. Looked like concussion to me though based on his response. We really need Ek esp if Hordon is a no go.

jackson needs to carry the load and I think he can.

Ultimately Rivers needs to throw balls away vs taking chances...turnovers has lost is each game this and last year. Stay clean on turnovers. let offense run and pass evenly and we can win this. I expect a close game.
    He has a bruised nerve in his neck and couldn't move his neck yesterday because it was so stiff. The concussion symptoms showed up yesterday so I'll be surprised if he plays.

Comment

• RTPbolt
      Charger Fan till the end
      • Jun 2013
      • North Carolina
      • Send PM

Gordon and Jackson would be fine as a duo. Jackson is fast enough to hit the edge and seems to have the vision to work his blocks. If Gordon and Ek are out Jackson is going to be featured which I think he can fill ok and i think hes got ghe makings to have a good to great game if we can run block to create space in a wet cold game.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Tom Krasovic‏ @SDUTKrasovic 27m27 minutes ago

#Chiefs coach Andy Reid spoke with optimism about WR Tyreek Hill playing on Thursday night v. #Chargers. Was hesitant about RB Spencer Ware. Skeptical about WR Sammy Watkins. Vague about safety Eric Berry.

Comment

• attila
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2014
          • Send PM

They shouldn't play Gordon unless he is 100%. A win only means something if they win out and the Chiefs also lose to Seattle or Oakland. Might as well have him 100% for the playoffs vs risking a setback.
          NFL Network's Steve Wyche reports that coach Anthony Lynn is not optimistic that running backs Melvin Gordon (knee) and Austin Ekeler (neck/concussion) will be able to play Thursday against the Chiefs.

Chargers RBs Gordon, Ekeler unlikely to play vs. Chiefs

By Kevin Patra
          Around the NFL Writer

The Los Angeles Chargers appear to be heading into Thursday night's showdown with the Kansas City Chiefs without their top two running backs.

Coach Anthony Lynn told NFL Network's Steve Wyche that the Chargers are not optimistic that running backs Melvin Gordon (knee) or Austin Ekeler (neck, concussion) will be available Thursday. Lynn noted that the short week does not seem like enough time for either running back to be ready.

Gordon has missed the past two games after suffering a knee injury. Ekeler was hurt in Sunday's victory over the Bengals on an onside kick at the end of the game.

The news is a blow to the Chargers, who are looking to end a nine-game losing streak to the Chiefs. L.A. would clinch a playoff berth with a win and move into a tie for the AFC West lead.

With Gordon and Ekeler not expected to play, rookies Justin Jackson and Detrez Newsome, would be the Chargers top two running backs.

Jackson would get the start and figures to see the bulk of the backfield touches. A seventh-round pick out of Northwestern, Jackson displays burst through the hole and power on the second level, compiling 75 rushing yards on 15 rushing attempts with one touchdown the past two games.
          Last edited by attila; 12-11-2018, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Tom Krasovic‏ @SDUTKrasovic 1h1 hour ago

Much flux at running back going into AFC West showdown Thu. Chargers may go with Jackson, Newsome and Watt. Chiefs could turn to Williams, West, Sherman. Philip Rivers on the zone-read? Not a good look v Bengals.

Comment

Comment

• OhioBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

With no Gordon and no Eckler, we need one of the Williams boys to step up and have a BIG game, especially if we can't get the run game going, because if that is the case KC can focus on shutting Keenan Allen down. Tyrell is due for a big game and hopefully he is ready to make up for that open day disaster.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.

9 losses in a row. Are they bring the same old tired game plan again?
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

DuKuygkWsAAATeD.jpg

Comment

• Attack
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2017
                      • Send PM

I like RB Detrez Newsome and hope he gets to split time with Jackson if Gordon and Ekeler don't play. He has skills, as shown when he played in preseason.

Comment

• Blue Thunder
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Arlington, TX
                        • Send PM

I think that Jackson has the skills to work as the lead back and Newsome can be an effective 3rd down back. With capable blocking, we should still be able to run the ball productively.

I think that the keys to the game on offense will be playing mistake-free on offense (no turnovers) and passing to set up the run.

On defense, we need the DL to step up and bring pressure. Mahomes is becoming too deadly when he has time to create/find the open man. If he doesn't have the time to do so, I think that we can cause him to turn the ball over a couple of times. If Bosa and Ingram play well, King could be an impact player in this game with his nose for the ball.

Finally, we can't trade FGs for TDs. We must be productive in the red zone. You guys know all this stuff, though.

As always, it all comes down to execution (and a little bit of luck). Which Chargers team will show up? The well-oiled machine that we have seen occasionally this season or the guys who can't seem to get out of their own way. I guess we'll find out.

Comment

• Buef
                          17 + 85 = #1
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Nor*Cal
                          • Send PM

James Vs Kelce will be the match up to watch.

Comment

Working...
                          X