• Show
Clear All
  • Lyth
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

I don't get it...

I know. "You weren't put here to get it Mr Burton"

The disrespect to the Chargers D has been shocking. All we've heard this week is that our D can't handle the Raven rushing attack. We've faced some good rush teams and only have 2 100 games by a back against us. We go to Seattle and stop the top rushing attack at the time. Hold Lynch to 31 yards. The Browns couldn't run. Neither could the Steelers.

Even though everyone calls this a bend-but-don't-break defense, Gus has schemed away what other teams want to do. Last week Kelce and Hill had almost no production. Kelce is supposed to be the best TE in the game right now. 7 for 61 yards, no scores, and nothing that really hurt us. Hill did even less. Mahomes had trouble getting out of the pocket where he's the most dangerous.

We've had some injuries, and family emergencies, but it doesn't seem to matter. The defense does the job. I hate to think this way, because this always goes bad, but I think this week is an easy win for us. Baltimore is a 1-trick pony. I think Gus gets it done. We hold them under 150 rushing and hopefully watch the Seahawks take down the Chiefs tomorrow.
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I think the D will get better with Mebane back. Other than rust, he's physically rested for a month. I do have concerns with Brown, Emanuel and Addae with their tackling, and some with Nwosu though. Can we just clone Derwin James? Maybe the guy getting promoted from the PS is a solid tackler as well.

Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

biggest problem I've seen is not holding contain on the edges for a couple big plays per game.
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

The D has been the reason we have been winning games. All season they have been getting the job done. Amazing production considering the injuries.

Comment

• CTrout
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

The Steelers and Chiefs have some really dangerous weapons....the 2nd half of both games we damn near shut them down. I agree this D isn't getting recognized the way it should. But really, does it matter? As long as the wins keep coming eventually they'll get the credit they deserve.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

If I were a player I would care less about being interviewed BEFORE I hoist the SB trophy.

Comment

• OhioBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

The defense in all our come back wins have made key stops or plays and whether it has been a Bosa sack, and Ingram pressure a Jatavis Brown key tackle or Micheal Davis open field tackle, or Desmond King, or Mr. Everything Derwin James, but one player who hasn't made any plays is Adaee. If I have a grip with coach Lynn it would be sticking with Addae starting this long, and I guess this late in the season and playoffs coming we are riding it out with Addae. Addae is not the reason we are winning making defensive plays, but he sure can be a factor in us losing games.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
                The defense in all our come back wins have made key stops or plays and whether it has been a Bosa sack, and Ingram pressure a Jatavis Brown key tackle or Micheal Davis open field tackle, or Desmond King, or Mr. Everything Derwin James, but one player who hasn't made any plays is Adaee. If I have a grip with coach Lynn it would be sticking with Addae starting this long, and I guess this late in the season and playoffs coming we are riding it out with Addae. Addae is not the reason we are winning making defensive plays, but he sure can be a factor in us losing games.
                Addae is absolutely playing out of position and doing a very poor job of it. FS is definitely a position to upgrade in the offseason.
                A player with speed, range, ballskills, and has the ability to make open field tackles.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                😂