Are the Chargers too loyal to Jahleel Addae?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UglyTruth
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2018
    • Send PM

Are the Chargers too loyal to Jahleel Addae?

This guy has just been an entire mess this whole season. Whether it's completely blown coverages like he had against the Steelers where Ben luckily overthrew the guy or whether it's missing easy tackles against backup TEs on the Ravens, he's been disastrous.

And his play did not just start being bad recently either, here's an article from almost 3 months ago and everything in it holds true today

Doesn't make sense to me why the Chargers do not pursue a free agent like DJ Swearinger who was actually very good with the Texans and was the best safety in football the first 8 weeks of this season;

Addea is an extremely well liked guy on the team and I know this from watching the Chargers backstage videos and such. All the guys on the team love him because of his personality but at the end of the day, this is a business and he's a major liability for us.

He's never been good with the Chargers (only ever good play I can remember him making during his tenure here was the tipping the ball against Seattle and even that the WR still should've caught it) and has actually injured more of our own players with his reckless hits than he has made contact with other teams players. Are the Chargers really going to screw up a chance at a great playoff run with a starting safety that gets picked on by QBs and is huge liability in the secondary?
    Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
    - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
    - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
    - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
    - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
    - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
    - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games
  • CTrout
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I agree with all that, he's a weak link. But who else do we have? Guess we're kind of stuck with him (for now).

Comment

• Boltsfan70
      East Coast Chargers Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • PA transplant living in S. Carolina
      • Send PM

Dj swearinger released by the redskins. I would be all over it.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I guess there is a chance of getting Swearinger. I doubt a team out of the playoffs would claim at this point. At a minimum, you want to keep him out of the hands of the Chiefs, and he's relatively cheap with one game left.

As far as it goes with Addae, there is no doubt there is loyalty from the coaching staff, but maybe its as simple as, in practice, he's the best of the DBs to play the FS because they want to get Derwin James in the box to make plays.

Comment

• Budsman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
          I guess there is a chance of getting Swearinger. I doubt a team out of the playoffs would claim at this point. At a minimum, you want to keep him out of the hands of the Chiefs, and he's relatively cheap with one game left.

As far as it goes with Addae, there is no doubt there is loyalty from the coaching staff, but maybe its as simple as, in practice, he's the best of the DBs to play the FS because they want to get Derwin James in the box to make plays.
          Last edited by Budsman; 12-25-2018, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Comment

• Attack
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2017
              • Send PM

Swearinger may not be a good locker room guy, or just opens his mouth more than he should. In Wash, he complained about the coaching and calls made to the media rather than keeping the dirty laundry in the locker room.

Comment

• sufan144
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2018
                • Send PM

I have been hating on this guy all year the truth is the the truth he is just not a good player period When I saw Swearinger released I thought the same thing the Chargers should claim him we will see I hope so.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                  Pretty much retired......
                  • Sep 2018
                  • JoJa
                  • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                  • Send PM

As moves go, DJ would be a smart, cheap one. Bring him in and kick the tires VS Denver.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

In one of the more bizarre incidences, the Washington Redskins released D.J. Swearinger on Christmas eve. https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1077255681269514240 Swearinger was very critical of Washington's play-calling.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• CTrout
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM