• Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

3 keys to playoff victory

Post your 3 keys to victory over the Ravens:

1). OL and Rivers - this is the obvious one. I have included them as one unit since they have both struggled for the past month. If the OL plays like the last time we faced them, we probably won't win. I think some members here based on previous remarks are conflicted on how they view Rivers - is a game manager now or an MVP candidate? Regardless we don't have the kind of team where we can "hide" him behind a running game and ultra stout defense. He needs to make plays for us to advance. I've been waiting 15 years for that quintessential Rivers playoff drive - can we get it now please?

2). Ingram and Bosa - are these guys still on the team? Bosa is playing in pain so that I can understand, but seems like both guys have been real quiet the past few weeks. We need them to unleash all sorts of chaos this Sunday. I wonder if Ingram is gassed from carrying all the load early in the year. They don't need to get a bunch of sacks this game, just be disruptive.

3). Special teams - please no major damages. No Kaeding repeats please, just hit the make-able kicks and no back breaking returns. I'm not expecting any heroic stuff from this unit, just be professional and do your jobs. If by some reason we get points out of our special teams then we will almost certainly win the game.

What are your 3 keys?
    Last edited by Boltx; 12-31-2018, 12:18 PM.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

You'll notice I didn't include the defense, not because they're unimportant, but because I do think they will find a way to keep us in it. I still think we are vulnerable up the middle esprcially ifBaltimore gets a chance to run it 40+ times, but these guys have been the most consistent unit all year. They will give up some plays I'm sure, but hopefully we have enough tape from the 2nd half of our game and what the Browns did to have a decent game plan.

And hopefully Jackson is due for some rookie blunders.

I'll tell you the LAST thing I want to see is Flacco coming off the bench to play hero...I think the difference in playstyle will be jarring for the defense.

Comment

• RTPbolt
      Charger Fan till the end
      • Jun 2013
      • North Carolina
      • Send PM

Ok I cant count to 3...

Run at least 40% of the plays on offense. This keeps
      Rivers from getting beat up and keeps the D honest to not pin their ears back on 2nd and 3rd down. We have a great stable of backs so use them. Dontbe obvious with the play calling but when we pull the back to go out wide they are going to bring pressure every time and we are losing the battle with our OL.

Have multiple dump off options for Rivers. Get the TEs involved. Block then go out for the dump off. We seem tohave given up on the WR screens which worked well as a get the ball in play quick mode. Rivers has 4 secinds max and he must throw the ball. Get them frustrated by nit getting to Rivers this game.

Rivers must throw the ball away more if its a risky play or under duress. Do not turn it over and we should win this.

Pick up the pace on O for snapping earlier...no huddle even...get their D gassed.

The D i feel needs to just keepdoing what its been doing. They played the Ravens tough and under 160 yds rushing which is normally 1/2 their yardage. Outside of a single slip up they were doing well.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

The offensive line has to play a LOT better. I think Rivers realizes he doesn't have many shots left at a ring so I think if the line gives him time and a pocket to step up into, he'll come through. Getting the running game going also would help.

The D needs to not give up a big play like it did last game when we took the lead and then gave it right back up - I'm looking at you again Addae.

Avoid turnovers and dumb penalties.

Comment

• Classic
          Hall Of Fame
          • Dec 2014
          • Send PM

I'm not worried about the defense but the offense needs to return to form and quickly if we are to make a run this season.
          1. Contain Lamar Jackson. Have him beat you thru the air and not by running for first downs.
          2. Attack the sidelines thru the air. Don't let the Ravens linebackers take shots on our WRs down the middle.
          3. NO TURNOVERS on offense. Our chances increase greatly if don't turnover the ball to a ballhawk defense.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Make Jackson beat us with his arm
            Score more points
            hold them to less points
            11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
            35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
            37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
            66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan​
            69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
            100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
            110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
            140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
            181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
            225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Good thread Tx.....

1. Win the T.O. Battle. We simply cannot let their offense have short fields or extra possessions. This was our downfall in the previous game.

2. Stay disciplined on D. Their offense shows lots of window dressing but in reality is very simplistic.

3. Be the aggressor! Punch them in the mouth early and never let up! Control each drive. Score, TDs and FGs, to put the pressure on Lamar.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Boltx
                Dominate the day
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Reading some of the Chargers' comments after the Denver game, seems like they are looking forward to the rematch, which I think is a good thing. Win or lose I think they want to man up better than last time and not get pushed around so much. So at least they have the right mindset.

Comment

• chris9341
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Heres what needs to happen in order for us to beat Baltimore. We have to get the running game going. If we don't get Gordon going in this game it's gonna be a long game.

Comment

• JayShort21
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

1) the o-line protecting Rivers, opening holes for Gordon and not holding us back with penalties.

2) Badgley hitting his kicks

3) the run d has to step up, especially with Brown gone

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

1. Protect the football
                      2. Keep composure...flags will not favour us
                      3. Stay in your assigned rush lanes, do not give up the big play to the outside.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Lynn needs to beat the stupid out of the players and coaches. That should help.

Comment

Working...
                        X