• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Dog
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I get that a lot of Charger fans are nervous and concerned about the game on Sunday against the Ravens ... I don't like that it is played at 10 am instead of the afternoon, big advantage Ravens right there and the Ravens have a great defense and finished well down the stretch.

But this feels like our year, we are winning our fair share of close games and have been big on the comeback games.

I really don't think the Ravens can beat us twice this year. The score might have been 22-10 but it was closer than that, we were driving and if Gates doesn't fumble we have good field position and momentum going in for the game winning TD. Can we play any worse than we did in that game ? Not really. Could we play better than that ? Oh hell yeah. Could the Ravens play any better than that? Not really, Could they play worse than that? Oh hell yeah.

Despite all the turmoil in Pittsburgh at the moment, I would rather be playing the Ravens this weekend than Pittsburgh. They are the more dangerous team, they have more weapons and it would be hard to beat them twice in one year.

The Chargers REALLY want this game and the coaches will have them ready to go. Yes it will be hard, but if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best and I think we can do it !!

Despite years of disappointment, I'm really liking our chances this weekend ... and getting Hunter Henry back will REALLY help us too, blocking and catching and emotionally. Nobody gets BETTER this time of year but we ARE !! And Gordon's knee injury was a blessing in disguise, he is rested (aside from the ankle) and Eckler is back too (and he is more effective with Gordon around). That is 3 big weapons for us. And our Defense is playing well too, aside from our doughnut defense problem (it has a hole in the middle) and James is a stud and is the one rookie who can come up big in big games.

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Wrong Jersey View Post

9 INT's in 7 playoff games. His stats are what they are. It's a team game I get it. But the guy has not showed up when it counted most. BUT as time goes on I am getting a little more concerned about this game. I still think its going to come down to Rivers. We have seen him lose his temper.....lose focus. The Ravens are coming now how will he respond? How will the Oline respond? This game as far as I am concerned is 50/50.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• KYBoltsFan
          THERE'S A GLEAM, MEN
          Generous Donor
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Not scoring at all on that long drive late in the 4th hurt as much as the Gates fumble. However...

When we got the ball back, down 6 with 3min to play in plus territory, I thought "we're gonna win by one at the buzzer". Everybody else in the stadium and everyone watching thought that too. The Ravens defender made a hell of a good play that was microseconds and millimeters away from being an incomplete pass, or had Gates caught it, a nice gain and a piece of the puzzle that was to be a Chargers victory (and ultimately the division and a bye and home field). They scored to make it look 'worse' in retrospect...but in truth it was within once score late despite having our asses kicked all over the field much of the game and them failing on two FG's and a 4th & goal. They SHOULD have destroyed us, but we're better than them and I think we will beat them Saturday...

They remind me a LOT of the Tebow Broncos that won that playoff game vs PIT. Solid D and a couple playmakers on O w/an improvising, athletic QB who no one has figured out yet. Although Lamar can actually throw and has a future in the NFL
          NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡