Next team up: The Patsies (Game week discussion)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

If the team doesn't buy into the Foxboro mystique, they willl be fine. Most of this team hasn't played there. Yes, BB is a great coach and will have his team ready, and it sounds like Brady doesn't have enough time to get his prep in, because he needs to rest, if that makes any sense.

Just have to play clean, fast, and safe. The Pats aren't scary, just another team.

Comment

• Budsman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
      If the team doesn't buy into the Foxboro mystique, they willl be fine. Most of this team hasn't played there. Yes, BB is a great coach and will have his team ready, and it sounds like Brady doesn't have enough time to get his prep in, because he needs to rest, if that makes any sense.

Just have to play clean, fast, and safe. The Pats aren't scary, just another team.
      Agreed, This charger team is unique in its resilience. I think this Charger Team has the Swagger that not even our other great teams have had. They know they can win anytime anywhere vs anyone. They have been tested not just on the football field but mentaly through the season with the fake homefield. This team has its won Mystique and I wonder if the Pats can match it this year.

Comment

• vinabolt
        Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
        • Feb 2015
        • Send PM

NE has never really been a scary team, though, other than maybe 2004 and 2007. They just win. That's why fans are frustrate. They lose to a team that all week they think they can beat, or should beat. This season BAL looks more scary, more dominant physically, and we just beat the crap out of those kids who wore dumb masks trying to act like bullies. Heck, every season BAL looks more scary than the Pats. When you think of the Pats, you think of a finess, nerdy, beatable kind of team. That's why it's so frustrate losing to them.

Yeah Brady said he needs rest, but I think he just rest and study us at the same time. Just like people laying on the couch watching the game. I think by "rest" he means he don't do anything else, only get out of the house for practices and then come back to his room rest and study.
        Last edited by vinabolt; 01-08-2019, 08:07 AM.
        Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

KC is better than NE this year. So Im happy to play the weaker team and try to advance.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

3-5 inches of snow predicted in NE for our game. Its snowing in Big Bear. Wonder if there is a high school football field available for rent?
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

The model knows it has been an uneven year for the Patriots (11-5) by their lofty standards in the Bill Belichick-Tom Brady era. Their five losses came to clubs with a combined record of 36-43-1, and none of them reached the postseason. They were beset by a sometimes-leaky defense that ranks No. 21 in the NFL and an offense that lacked explosive play-making.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                KC is better than NE this year. So Im happy to play the weaker team and try to advance.
                Indy is playing better than KC over the last 11 games. Do not sleep on them. If their line can take care of the pass rush like they did last week, KC could be in big trouble becsuse the rest of their D is atrocious. If we had indys line, we would destroy everyone.

First time qbs have went winless in these playoffs. Mahomes gets his first start this weekend.

KC has only covered one of their last7 games.

A few other intersting facts (at least to me). Look back at the qbs Brady and the Pats have beaten in this rd. Not a strong list. We are by far the best team they have had to face with the best qb in the division rd.

Dogs are 14-1 covering since the start of last years playoffs. Only cov was NE over Tenn
                ne is indefeated at home this year
                LAC are undefeated. When we get on a plane.
                phi has cov 4 straight playoff games as a dog. No team has ever covered 5 in a row as a dog.
                Last edited by Panamamike; 01-08-2019, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• King Bolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  Generous Donor
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

We will get 6 sacks. Bolts win.

My fantasy at least...

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

I think we're the better team. But the Brady/Belichick combo is the best in the NFL and has been for nearly 20 friggin years.

Belichick does like to take away the best offensive weapon on the opposing team. We have a lot of weapons and not anyone we're dependent on. But I expect to see a good match-up between all-pro CB Stephon Gilmore and KA.

We've been better than them before and still lost. 2006 obviously. In Boston the popular wisdom is that the Chargers will beat themselves.

Comment

• foreigner
                      Tom Telesco is gone
                      • Sep 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

That's what I like about this team and the situation they have been put into... they dont believe in other Stadiums mystique... they like to be challenged... something happens in their own stadium tho... they either get autocomplacent... unmotivated with the lack of fans.. or something.. dont know what.

Comment

• King Bolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        Generous Donor
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I also think the intensity level, especially from the D is highest I have sen in many years.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • SoDak
                          • Technology Director
                          • Send PM

Belichick loves to take away what the other team does best. That's his MO, and what he wants to accomplish.

My question is, what exactly do the Chargers do best? We've run the ball well at times. When teams have stopped the run, we've throw it deep, at times. When teams leave checkdowns open, we've hit the backs out of the backfield.

this is a complete team that is going to be hard for them to just take away our best thing.

My guess, with the weather looking poor, is that they'll focus on stopping the run (as that is a weakness for them), and will try to sit on the short routes... make us throw it deep in poor weather conditions. that's my guess.

They will run the ball quite a bit, and I'm ascared of James White and Burkhead out of the backfield.
                          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍