Next team up: The Patsies (Game week discussion)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coachmarkos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

Hey Tommy Boy, wouldn't you rather be spending your time at home with this next week?
    ok GIF
    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• BoltzBoy87
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Why is HH questionable? Didn't he practice in full all week?
      I think it is just protocol. I can guarantee he plays unless there is some sort of setback from practicing all week.

Comment

• Boltergeist
        Pesky apparition
        • Jun 2013
        • Baja Oklahoma
        • Send PM

I listened to an interview with Eric Williams and he didn't seem to think HH would play much/have much of an impact. I am trying to temper my enthusiasm. That way, if he plays and produces it's a huge bonus over my expectations.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I fear that Gordon is probably hurt more than we realize.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltx View Post
              I fear that Gordon is probably hurt more than we realize.
              Even if he is, I don't see him doing this.

sd-sp-pfd-lt-afc-championship-chargers-0810.jpg

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Fact: You know what the Chargers have never brought to a playoff game against Tom Brady before? A defensive secondary w/ two All-Pros. I'm not talking Pro Bowlers, I mean First Team All-Pros.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Rewatching the 2010 Divisional Jets/Patriots Game. This game features LaDainian Tomlinson, Antonio Cromartie, Danny Woodhead, and Wes Welker.

Comment

• Buef
                    17 + 85 = #1
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Nor*Cal
                    • Send PM

I fear a fake punt, it would be so Bilicheat.

I did read somewhere that 8 teams since 1970 have went 8-1 on the road including playoffs and all won the super bowl.

Comment

• vinabolt
                      Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                      • Feb 2015
                      • Send PM

Betting wise, take the Bolts. But this probably the toughest game in history to predict. The more I read objective articles, listen to radios and rewatch some of the games of both teams this year, reading AFC East and AFC West fans comments (knowledgeable fans, not haters), looking from the Pats' perspective the more I think we're the worst opponent the Patriots can have in this playoff. Worst matchups for them. The only matchup they have a bit of advantage is they have White and Burkhead, 2 very good receiving RBs, and we gave up a lot of those plays to this type of RBs this year. But I'll take that. Rather giving catches to RBs than WRs and TEs. We're 1 of the top teams defending TEs. Not a good news for Gronk.

History, like always, is on Belichick and the Patriots' side. They've never gone 1-and-done in the playoff, never loss the 1st playoff game. Rarely lose the divisional game. It's the Championship game that they can lose sometimes, with just 1 week to rest and prepare/plan. Never loss a snow game, and the margin of victory in those snow games are not that close, including a 61 - 0 win vs. TEN. They rarely lose at home in playoffs, haven't loss at home this season.

They were dominating in 2003 and 2004 playoffs with a consistent running game (Antowain Smith and a not too washed-up Cory Dillon). This year they have that with Michel. They haven't have a running game this consistent since 2004, not only the RB but also the OL in run blocking. Shaq Mason dominate inside. They avg. 5+ ypc running between the guards, avg. 6+ ypc running to the right side behind the RT and James Davilin, probably the best blocking fullback this year. This always has been the recipe for success in the postseason.

So Brady this Brady that but it's their running game that gets overlooked by many. A diminishing Brady is basically just the game manager version of Brady early in his career. Doesn't force things, lay back and let the running game and defense take care of the game, manage the game, clutch when needed. The major difference is this NE defense is inferior to the ones that he had in those years. And Flores LB coach who calling their plays is busying interviewing head coach position with teams. They still can turn up 2 levels in the playoffs, but their defenses in those early SB runs had more good players, better role players, better veterans. This defense is younger and more athletic but made a lot of mistakes.
                      Last edited by vinabolt; 01-12-2019, 06:59 AM.
                      Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        Pretty much retired......
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                        • Send PM

I posted this on the (doomed) Chargers forum too. My neighbors are Pats fans. My neighbors at my old house were.....you guessed it.....Pats fans. My old neighbors were tolerable but my new neighbors, and by new I have lived here 10 years, are ASSHOLES! Over and above their love for all things BAAAAASTAN, the wife really is a piece of work aka: ASSHOLE on the most high! You know the type......."I'm superior so fuck you peons" When all she really is, is a closet drunk. ANYway you get the picture.

JUST ONCE I want to see them outside and have them see me, even if no words are exchanged....I just want to see the look in their eyes knowing that they LOST TO MY TEAM!!!!!

And after we win I may do something juvenile like hanging a Bolts jersey in every window that faces their house. THAT would be EPIC!!!!!

Win me this one boys........

Comment

• charger1993
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

This game pisses me off to just think about.
                          i just feel like were gonna get fucked. It always happens vs the pats. And i swear if we have another eric parker moment i will literally shit myself..
                          Ok i vented before the game tomorrow. Had to get it out before my fear broke me down.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍