• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vinabolt
    Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
    • Feb 2015
    • Send PM

This is the 1st time in the playoff that they and us are evenly match. We have the edge in overall individual talents. They have the advantages in experience, weather, home field fan supports, coaching, even with the leadership of Lynn and 2 very good chess players in Whiz and Bradley.

We had superior talents in 2006. They had significant better talents in the 2007 Championship Game, ACL-teared Rivers and washed up/injured LT against a prime Randy Moss, Wes Welker and Brady.
    Last edited by vinabolt; 01-10-2019, 07:08 AM.
    Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• chargerkdb
        Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Hotter than hell, Georgia
        • Send PM

Comment

• Parcells
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

For years the Patriots have been one of the most efficient offenses in the NFL. Things are a bit different this year. Using DVOA, the Patriots have regressed from 2017 in each category. In 2017, the Patriots were the most passing offense in the NFL and it wasn't particularly close.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Point: Pats RB James White. White led the Patriots in receptions (87), receiving touchdowns (7) and ranked second in receiving yards (751).

Counterpoint: No team in the league gave up more receiving yards to running backs in the regular season than the Chargers (973).

If the Chargers defense wins their match-ups against 1) Edelman 2) White 3) Gronkowski, then I love the Chargers' chances.

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                Point: Pats RB James White. White led the Patriots in receptions (87), receiving touchdowns (7) and ranked second in receiving yards (751).

Counterpoint: No team in the league gave up more receiving yards to running backs in the regular season than the Chargers (973).

If the Chargers defense wins their match-ups against 1) Edelman 2) White 3) Gronkowski, then I love the Chargers' chances.

I think the quarters D will be instrumental in stopping that. They key will be can we still stop the power run game vs Michel.

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

I think the quarters D will be instrumental in stopping that. They key will be can we still stop the power run game vs Michel.
                  This is one thing we haven't talked about much...their screen game and ability to negate our rush. I think we are underestimating their offense because everyone is focused on the so called demise of Gronk.

Bradley needs another brilliantly called game.
                  ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    Pretty much retired......
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                    • Send PM

Score more that they do by the end of the 4th quarter.

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I think they are banking on us over compensating for Gronk and leaving us vulnerable to White, Edelman, etc, a bunch of short stuff.

I heard on the radio that the Pats average margin of victory at home this year (undefeated) is something like 33-17?

I hope we are not underestimating them at home, as silly as that sounds. They're a completely different team at home.

I fully expect them to try to neutralize our pass rush with screens, draws, quick slants, etc. I don't think Bosa or Ingram will even get a chance to touch Brady. They still need to try to move him off his spot. We need to match their speed and tackle well. Keep James on Gronk and Phillips on White? Or switch it up? Maybe let James roam and freelance a bit in the box unless Gronk starts to kill us downfield.

One thing that's encouraging is that we took away what the Ravens tried to do last week, which was supposed to be our weakness on defense. Our weakness this week is covering the RB out of the backfield - can Bradley patch this hole in time?

Getting more anxious with each passing day. The franchise...the fanbase....needs this win so badly.
                      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Agree with that last part, this game is huge.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                          I think they are banking on us over compensating for Gronk and leaving us vulnerable to White, Edelman, etc, a bunch of short stuff.

I heard on the radio that the Pats average margin of victory at home this year (undefeated) is something like 33-17?

I hope we are not underestimating them at home, as silly as that sounds. They're a completely different team at home.

I fully expect them to try to neutralize our pass rush with screens, draws, quick slants, etc. I don't think Bosa or Ingram will even get a chance to touch Brady. They still need to try to move him off his spot. We need to match their speed and tackle well. Keep James on Gronk and Phillips on White? Or switch it up? Maybe let James roam and freelance a bit in the box unless Gronk starts to kill us downfield.

One thing that's encouraging is that we took away what the Ravens tried to do last week, which was supposed to be our weakness on defense. Our weakness this week is covering the RB out of the backfield - can Bradley patch this hole in time?

Getting more anxious with each passing day. The franchise...the fanbase....needs this win so badly.

In the Jets' win over the Patriots in the 2011 Divisional Round, Coach Anthony Lynn was the Jets' RB coach and he was privy to the defensive game-plan. On defense, the Jets' flooded the middle zone w/ DBs against Brady. What that effectively did was make Brady throw everything outside the numbers, instead of working inside between the hashmarks like the Patriots like to operate. Flood the underneath zone w/ the quarter package and make Brady throw it outside the numbers. This is another way of slowing the Patriots offense.

Shonn Greene and the Jets' offense further hurt Brady's chances to put points on the board by letting the air out of the ball, dominating in the run game and keeping the ball away from Brady. Jets won that game 28-14.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍