• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • foreigner
    Tom Telesco is gone
    • Sep 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

In the Jets' win over the Patriots in the 2011 Divisional Round, Coach Anthony Lynn was the Jets' RB coach and he was privy to the defensive game-plan. On defense, the Jets' flooded the middle zone w/ DBs against Brady. What that effectively did was make Brady throw everything outside the numbers, instead of working inside between the hashmarks like the Patriots like to operate. Flood the underneath zone w/ the quarter package and make Brady throw it outside the numbers. This is another way of slowing the Patriots offense.

Shonn Greene and the Jets' offense further hurt Brady's chances to put points on the board by letting the air out of the ball, dominating in the run game and keeping the ball away from Brady. Jets won that game 28-14.
    I Like this... I honestly think that the key to win this game is Melvin Ingram, if he just comes focused and not thinking we have won just because of the performance of last game then we will the game... he is the key.
    Last edited by foreigner; 01-11-2019, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

I Like this... I honestly think that the key to win this game is Melvin Ingram, if he just comes focused and not thinking we have won just because of the performance of last game then we will the game... he is the key.
      All Bolt fans were blessed/ecstatic to watch Melvin Ingram have the game of his career last Sunday. Joey Bosa has not had the game of his career yet. He is ready, Melvin has challenged him, he is due.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

All Bolt fans were blessed/ecstatic to watch Melvin Ingram have the game of his career last Sunday. Joey Bosa has not had the game of his career yet. He is ready, Melvin has challenged him, he is due.
        I just wonder if Bosa is capable of much more with his foot. His sacks are all effort and nonstop motor. Doesn't seem to have the same explosiveness as last year.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I just wonder if Bosa is capable of much more with his foot. His sacks are all effort and nonstop motor. Doesn't seem to have the same explosiveness as last year.
          Bosa was reportedly scared to death his foot wouldn't return to form, earlier this season. I think he's learning to trust his body again. Perhaps he's just working his way back into football shape. I think he's starting to get his mojo back.

Coach Lynn was taking pains reminding everyone that Hunter Henry is not in football shape for this upcoming game.

Comment

• chris9341
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

We have to win in the trenches and depending how cold it is and whether it snows or not Gordon is gonna have to step up this game. Like he needs to rush for atelast 130 or more and if he does I believe we win this game. Rivers doesn't need to throw for over 300 yards. But what we do need Rivers to do is throw a few deep balls and hopefully be successful on them. My main thing is no stupid mistakes or stupid penalties. I can live with if a player fumbles the ball or if they are called for a legit penalty that is clearly on them I however cannot accept if any of the players try to pull a Marlon Mcree or just get some stupid penalty that just really hurts the team. We are playing a dynasty and Brady knows his time is almost up. It happens to all teams who have had a dynasty from the Steelers to the Cowboys to the 49ers. Eventually you crumble and your run of going to superbowls is over.

Comment

• vinabolt
              Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
              • Feb 2015
              • Send PM

Bryan Flores their play-calling LB coach expected to become the next head coach in MIA. Major distraction.
              Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Boltx
                Dominate the day
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Coach Lynn was taking pains reminding everyone that Hunter Henry is not in football shape for this upcoming game.
                Mind games.
                ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• vinabolt
                  Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                  • Feb 2015
                  • Send PM

Our toughness and iron culture since Lynn was here partially can be credit to Bill Parcells. Lynn said they talk 5, 6 times a week. Funny that it was Parcells and not Rex Ryan. I can't imagine they talk about hot chicks and not football. Can't imagine Lynn didn't ask for advice, given that Parcells is not employed by any team in the NFL, no conflict of interests. Parcells was on Fox radio earlier right before the playoffs, to preview the playoffs. I was surprised that he's still that bright with that age. He talked some about Lynn and the Chargers. He said last year he advised Lynn to cut off half of the running plays in the playbook, Lynn refused, so he was upset at Lynn for days. Not sure if this was a joke or not.

In the 2 seasons with Lynn here it's clear that this team utilize the Bill Parcells' approach and not Rex Ryan's. And it's pay dividends, we finally have a tough team now.
                  Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• chris9341
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by vinabolt View Post
                    Our toughness and iron culture since Lynn was here partially can be credit to Bill Parcells. Lynn said they talk 5, 6 times a week. Funny that it was Parcells and not Rex Ryan. I can't imagine they talk about hot chicks and not football. Can't imagine Lynn didn't ask for advice, given that Parcells is not employed by any team in the NFL, no conflict of interests. Parcells was on Fox radio earlier right before the playoffs, to preview the playoffs. I was surprised that he's still that bright with that age. He talked some about Lynn and the Chargers. He said last year he advised Lynn to cut off half of the running plays in the playbook, Lynn refused, so he was upset at Lynn for days. Not sure if this was a joke or not.

In the 2 seasons with Lynn here it's clear that this team utilize the Bill Parcells' approach and not Rex Ryan's. And it's pay dividends, we finally have a tough team now.
                    Yeah I think I would rather take the Bill Parcells approach also. Look at what Rex Ryan did in NY ( Jets ) and Buffalo and look at what Bill Parcells did in NY ( Giants ) and New England ) The only reason Rex Ryan is relevant is because of his Dad who had one of the best defenses of all time even if it was just for a short time.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by vinabolt View Post

I like the idea of doing less, better, when you have a new system.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                        Charger Fan till the end
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Carolina
                        • Send PM

Sustained drives by the offense, keep the penalties down, Defense comes out firing like the last 3 games and I am confident we can stay in front of NE. They really dont have a great deep threat and I think we can slow the dink and dunk snd the run game to stop enough drives.

We may not get a lot of sacks but id take every opportunity to hit Brady and make him run with whatever has been ailing him. Every game they lose has been due to a tough D that has gotten them flustered. They are a good offense but not unstoppable. Its about getting enough stops and the field possession battle.

Never give up attitude can pull this out. Weve been here before against the odds in enemy territory and come out victorious by slugging it out until the clock hit zero. Lynn has the team ready...they were intense last week and its not overconfidence.

Kick some ass tomorrow Chargers. History means nothing in this game. We have broken the curses many times this year already...next up.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Dont play like the Colts.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞