• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Rob Rang and cbssports/nfldraftscout initially had Lamp as 7/UDFA during the build up to the draft (Isaiah Wynn as well).

if you tuned in to things post Super Bowl, perhaps Lamp was climbing the charts by then.

however at the outset of the college season/September he was a virtual unknown, or at least not so heralded prospect.... pre Crimson Tide.

far as a link, the best I can find is a January report that lists him as a midrounder....

http://www.fanaticalyankeenfldraftscoutingreports.com/nfl-draft-scouting-reports/category/forrest-lamp

as mentioned before, pre the Alabama game/Sept or so he was not on the public's radar.
    RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Eh, I remember Rivers was a 4th round rated prospect and kept creeping up at the end of the year. One guy said he wouldn't be a starting caliber NFL QB and should switch to TE lol.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

http://boltbeat.com/2019/03/10/guessing-chargers-offseason-plan-pre-free-agency/2/

thought it was for more, and.... Okung is on the books for about $13.5/year if I am reading things correctly.... fair price if he holds court as to date, no ??

and fair points re: Watkins coming off ACL, not to mention he was a non starter in Philly.... sounds more like depth than your longterm starter @FS, no ??

and most peg Rayshawn as playing somewhere other than FS for us, and again not to mention that always prescient Daniel Jeremiah has us going FS @28 in his latest mock.

would add that JJ is not a run stuffer per se, and would prefer a NT with "the back stops here" mentality.

and think the wiser move is to not sign Philon, and as a bevy of DTs does not get us to the SB.

do think Square stays due to his utility and vet/locker room presence ('specially if and when in the absence of Mebane), and also suspect that he is one of AL's "boys."

suspect that Feeney's stock will go up next season, and that we will not see the Forrest for the trees/pine.

and re: Denzel and his durability.... wanted Bostic last offseason, and am wishing for Jamie Collins this offseason.

and would rather not sign a FS in FA, and would rather go Danny Shelton/Jamie Collins in FA, and draft a pair like Nasir Adderly/Andre Dillard in the draft to fill the FS, DT, LB, OT needs.

questions for me include, is there a good (value) MLB in the draft ?? and ditto for a good value OT in FA ??

and don' think TT will be deterred by his track record, regardless of success/failure rate in the past.... GMs draft for talent, that's what they do (don't think he's gonna pull up anchor now).

also don't think we're going/need OG as much as an OC (Cole Toner).

and looking Te'Von Coney or similar in draft among second tier LBs, me thinx/suspex.

hoping we go TE (and not CB) in draft.

and think we're all watching and waiting, as do think TB needs to be let go (really don't like to hear rumors that we're interested in Garcon/Weddle and not linemen.... that needs to change).

also want Simmons and/or Shelton @the min, and with any day 3 DT as an after thought @best.
        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

I might agree if we had a bevy of DTs instead of two. Not interested in Sheldon. Now if he isn't very sought after which may be possible, I'd offer him one year, 2 mil. But a multi year deal for good money, no way. And that's only if we don't resign Mebane to a one year deal.

I really think we need to keep Philon but we'll see.
          Drafting Simmons is great but then we still short DTs. He won't play.

Collins I don't think is a fit for our defense and again will cost.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-11-2019, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            I might agree if we had a bevy of DTs instead of two. Not interested in Sheldon. Now if he isn't very sought after which may be possible, I'd offer him one year, 2 mil. But a multi year deal for good money, no way. And that's only if we don't resign Mebane to a one year deal.

I really think we need to keep Philon but we'll see.
            Drafting Simmons is great but then we still short DTs. He won't play.

Collins I don't think is a fit for our defense and again will cost.
            I'm great the Simmons pick but we will need to double up in the draft and keep building with Philon & keep either Mebane/Square/Liuget/equal cost FA.
            There are some interesting DT prospects throughout the draft.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I'm great the Simmons pick but we will need to double up in the draft and keep building with Philon & keep either Mebane/Square/Liuget/equal cost FA.
              There are some interesting DT prospects throughout the draft.
              There are im just responding to beach claiming us having a bevy of DTs which we don't and Simmons, at least next season won't help while he doesn't want to resign Philon. And Sheldon imo isn't an upgrade to Mebane. Rather have Mebane back on a one year deal than give Sheldon a multi year deal. Sheldon was a backup in NE to Lawrence Guy.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

There are im just responding to beach claiming us having a bevy of DTs which we don't and Simmons, at least next season won't help while he doesn't want to resign Philon. And Sheldon imo isn't an upgrade to Mebane. Rather have Mebane back on a one year deal than give Sheldon a multi year deal. Sheldon was a backup in NE to Lawrence Guy.
                I agree. Mebane was solid and his leadership is valuable especially if we have a few young guys in rotation.

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Been thinking we go two DT this draft like we did two LB last year, if we get Mebane back and Simmons was one of two DTs chosen...

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

can TT follow up on his DJ "brilliance" from last year's draft ??

http://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/3/6/18252702/kyler-murray-no-1-pick-nfl-draft-undersized-quarterback

would we consider trading down into the second round from 28 ??

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/09/richard-thaler-who-changed-thinking-about-the-nfl-draft-wins-nobel-prize-in-economics/

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                      Been thinking we go two DT this draft like we did two LB last year, if we get Mebane back and Simmons was one of two DTs chosen...
                      I actually did that in a mock. Took Simmons rd 1, Wilson rd 2, Savage rd 3 and wren in rd 4. Never got a shot at any OTs in top 4 rds.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

I actually did that in a mock. Took Simmons rd 1, Wilson rd 2, Savage rd 3 and wren in rd 4. Never got a shot at any OTs in top 4 rds.
                        If our first 4 rounds were those players, I'd be ecstatic! We can find depth/competition at OT in 5-7 and/or add a stop gap vet after the draft.

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂