• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

You saying he will be the best QB from this class isn't saying much. He only has to be better than Haskins. The rest aren't what I'd call Franchise types either.
    RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
      come April, not only do I suspect that Stidham is slotted in the first round by most pundits/draftniks, but will go on record that also surmise that he will turn out as the best QB out of this class, ​​​​and.... Rivers sat for a fair bit behind Brees.

if I'm John Spanos and Philip plays two more years, I'd prefer to hit the ground running come 2021, 'specially if Stidham is as good as me thinks he just might be.
      Like I said tho, he only has to be better than Haskins. Says more about this class than Stidham though. I mean he could start for a team like Miami since they are ridding themselves of Tannehill but he will end up a backup imo. Teams can draft him in the first if they want to, ....I mean Oakland drafted Russell first, Ravens traded up the Boller and then there is Tim Couch. Doesn't mean he will be any good.
      But i sure don't want us to draft him in the first round to find out.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-07-2019, 05:20 PM.
      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

But i sure don't want us to draft him in the first round to find out.
          dug up a Stidham thread on REDDIT >>

called him a poor man's Derek Carr, even compared him to Christian Hackenberg (who I liked btw

compared him to Kizer, and said he can't process defenses, and that he won't clear the (Andy) Dalton bar in the NFL, and that it's caveat emptor.

somebody volunteered that he might be "serviceable," another that his team will end up mediocre and that his (Auburn) teammates hated him ?? (really ?)

'nother take suggested he'd be this year's Geno Smith if he makes it into the first round, w/another saying that a third round slotting would be generous, albeit he'd prolly get overdrafted midway thru the second (Titans ?)

there was also the sentiment that he'd be the second best QB outta this draft (behind Lock.... we can go from Rivers vs. Cutler, to Stidham vs. Lock

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

You seem to be the only one that likes him. And you liked Hackenberg? Oy Vey!
            Extending Rivers pretty much guarantees we aren't drafting a first round QB this year, but don't know why you can't see that. It pretty much means the front office thinks we are very close which I think we can agree, and just need to add a few more pieces from the draft early and FAcy and a QB isn't one of them.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • SoDak
              • Technology Director
              • Send PM

I would like to see some interior depth addressed both on O and D lines.

Draft the BPA.
              "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

granted.... it would be a surprise to see our FO go QB round one or even day two for that matter, and.... haven't been knocked off the bandwagon/train yet,

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

QBRB * drafting B. Love (4) and making an offer to Tevin Coleman in FA
                  WR * drafting Jalen Hurd (6) and hoping John Ursua makes it as an UDFA to us
                  TE * drafting Keenen Brown (7)
                  OT * drafting Yodny Cajuste (1), Isaiah Prince (5) and bringing in Casey Tucker as an UDFA
                  OG * hoping I can land a coupla few of Alex Bars, Damian Prince and/or Lester Cotton as UDFAs
                  OC * drafting Erik McCoy (2)

NT * drafting Trysten Hill (3), going after Danny Shelton in FA, and hoping for Olive Sagapolu as an UDFA
                  DE * looking for either Titus Davis and/or Corbin Kaufusi as UDFAs
                  SAM * got no plan, so retaining Emanuel for now
                  MIKE * Josiah Tauaefa as an UDFA and prolly retaining Pullard as well
                  WIL * Nate Hall and Jawuan Johnson as UDFAs
                  S * Chris Johnson as priority UDFA
                  CB * hoping for Mark Fields and/or Kemon Hall as UDFAs
                  P1) OT Yodny Cajuste
                  2) OC Erik McCoy
                  3) NT Trysten Hill
                  4) RB Bryce Love
                  5) OT Isaiah Prince
                  6) WR Jalen Hurd
                  7) TE Keenen Brown

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

QBRB * drafting B. Love (4) and making an offer to Tevin Coleman in FA
                    WR * drafting Jalen Hurd (6) and hoping John Ursua makes it as an UDFA to us
                    TE * drafting Keenen Brown (7)
                    OT * drafting Yodny Cajuste (1), Isaiah Prince (5) and bringing in Casey Tucker as an UDFA
                    OG * hoping I can land a coupla few of Alex Bars, Damian Prince and/or Lester Cotton as UDFAs
                    OC * drafting Erik McCoy (2)

NT * drafting Trysten Hill (3), going after Danny Shelton in FA, and hoping for Olive Sagapolu as an UDFA
                    DE * looking for either Titus Davis and/or Corbin Kaufusi as UDFAs
                    SAM * got no plan, so retaining Emanuel for now
                    MIKE * Josiah Tauaefa as an UDFA and prolly retaining Pullard as well
                    WIL * Nate Hall and Jawuan Johnson as UDFAs
                    S * Chris Johnson as priority UDFA
                    CB * hoping for Mark Fields and/or Kemon Hall as UDFAs
                    P1) OT Yodny Cajuste
                    2) OC Erik McCoy
                    3) NT Trysten Hill
                    4) RB Bryce Love
                    5) OT Isaiah Prince
                    6) WR Jalen Hurd
                    7) TE Keenen Brown
                    Now there's an O heavy mock. I like the concept, but don't think it's possible to incorporate 3 new OL in one year.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Now there's an O heavy mock. I like the concept, but don't think it's possible to incorporate 3 new OL in one year.
                      think we had @least three last year ??

would be replacing Q and Toner, and letting Lamp earn his spot.... both Isaiah Prince and McCoy could play guard if need be.

moving Tevi to LG and Feeney (back) to RG, and wondering if either or the both of Pouncey and Okung have a full 16 in them ??

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

think we had @least three last year ??

would be replacing Q and Toner, and letting Lamp earn his spot.... both Isaiah Prince and McCoy could play guard if need be.

moving Tevi to LG and Feeney (back) to RG, and wondering if either or the both of Pouncey and Okung have a full 16 in them ??
                        Probably why we wont go three this year. Can only keep so many. Q is improving, Lamp and Feeney still have developing too. But i can see a OT drafted for sure.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-26-2019, 07:52 PM.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Probably why we wont go three this year. Can only keep so many. Q is improving, Lamp and Feeney still have developing too. But i can see a OT drafted for sure.
                          guessing it won't be addressed 'til next offseason, and.... my greatest fear, and the reason I foresee a slight setback record wise this next season, is that am having a hard time convincing myself that the one or both of Okung and/or Pouncey is good for a full 16 (and of course which can be said for plenty other Chargers folks), and so....

given that Erik McCoy handled both Quinnen Williams and Dexter Lawrence, he is a day two priority if still on the board @60, and ditto for OT as Freak will well tell you that he is at minimum uneasy w/our OT depth as things stand now, and.... personally, would just as soon double dip this draft as think the tackles are a better go than the guard corps ??

Comment

Working...
                          X