• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
    recall once upon a time when peoples were making a stink 'bout the Chargers only signing character guys/choir boys, and AJ went out and signed a safety that had pushed his "girlfriend" down some stairs.... if I recall correctly, didn't work out too very well for anyone involved ??

and am sure I would shrivel at the thought of having Simmons as a Charger after if and when I might see the vid, and.... wonder if it's time to put this whole goody two shoes thing behind us.

we've got AL as our HC and last I checked the secret to the healing miracles of Jesus was his willingness to forgive.... life is forgiving, life is for giving.... Jeffery Simmons a second chance ??

and not so worried 'bout next season as think we're gonna take a step back before we move forward again in 2020, as see Okung and Pouncey as big ?s to make it thru the full 16, not to mention a coupla few other guys on that Oline, and....

guessin' the Chargers are gonna be the Chargers and error on the sentimental side, letting Jahleel play out his contract, resigning AP, and maybe a coupla few others like Pullard, Denzel and Square, albeit truth be told.... do think they're gonna let a surprising number of folks walk this year and next.

don't think you can argue w/Simmons the player, and my question would be: who are you arguing w/if you're against drafting him @28.... the Catholics or the man upstairs himself ??
    Well, Beach, I guess there's two ways to look at this...either TT, Lynn and others are willing to forgive, or they don't want to take a chance of drafting a head case who ends up underperforming, or becoming a locker room cancer. For every Honey Badger, there's a Big Lazy...Bolts need to do real research to find out if it's a single red flag not repeated, or a pattern of red flags with a high likelihood of happening again...

1. Adderley
    Last edited by Topcat; 02-14-2019, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Well, Beach, I guess there's two ways to look at this...either TT, Lynn and others are willing to forgive, or they don't want to take a chance of drafting a head case who ends up underperforming, or becoming a locker room cancer. For every Honey Badger, there's a Big Lazy...Bolts need to do real research to find out if it's a single red flag not repeated, or a pattern of red flags with a high likelihood of happening again...
      Any thoughts on Gerald Willis @ 61 ?

He's a highly talented, impactful 3Tech, perfectly slotted.

GW seems to have matured.
      You don't know ball

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Id be very happy with him in the 2nd. With a good combine, he could go in the 1st though.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Id be very happy with him in the 2nd. With a good combine, he could go in the 1st though.
          Yeah. Good prospect. Any thoughts on his history ? I believe he has grown up.
          You don't know ball

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Yeah. Good prospect. Any thoughts on his history ? I believe he has grown up.
            Yeah, they say he took a year off and came back a changed man. Thats a plus. He wins with athleticism even though he has bad technique. That says upside to me.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

well, the two cases that come to mind are Carl Nicks who apparently was independent minded and didn't take to coaching and fell to the fifth, and of whom thought he was well worth a second rounder, and think he ended up a Pro Bowler and working out just fine, and.... the other guy I was gonzo over was Malik McDowell, and not sure how much his mindset figured into his disingenuity/misfortune.... (imminent demise).

can't really raise a flag for Simmons as haven't seen the vid, and don't really want to see the vid, and.... obviously we could use a player of his talents, and would hate to look a gift horse in the mouth if his ACL injury dropped him to the end of the first.... tough call and Mr. Johnny Spanos is getting more and more sand in his pants every offseason.

looking forward to seeing how he/we play our hand there.

will also add that in some ways/one sense w/the drafting of Derwin James we have half erased the ghost of passing on Polamalu, and.... would love to do the same w/Star Lotulelei, and think that Simmons and/or Dexter would def be a step in the right direction, or for all I know we could get/end up w/the both of 'em.

still think a NT is the biggest differential between us and a SB appearance, and.... guessing that Simmons pairs up better w/Justin Jones than Dexter might, albeit would hardly pass up on Lawrence, as we def have a spot for him on this Dline.
              RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

well, the two cases that come to mind are Carl Nicks who apparently was independent minded and didn't take to coaching and fell to the fifth, and of whom thought he was well worth a second rounder, and think he ended up a Pro Bowler and working out just fine, and.... the other guy I was gonzo over was Malik McDowell, and not sure how much his mindset figured into his disingenuity/misfortune.... (imminent demise).

can't really raise a flag for Simmons as haven't seen the vid, and don't really want to see the vid, and.... obviously we could use a player of his talents, and would hate to look a gift horse in the mouth if his ACL injury dropped him to the end of the first.... tough call and Mr. Johnny Spanos is getting more and more sand in his pants every offseason.

looking forward to seeing how he/we play our hand there.

will also add that in some ways/one sense w/the drafting of Derwin James we have half erased the ghost of passing on Polamalu, and.... would love to do the same w/Star Lotulelei, and think that Simmons and/or Dexter would def be a step in the right direction, or for all I know we could get/end up w/the both of 'em.

still think a NT is the biggest differential between us and a SB appearance, and.... guessing that Simmons pairs up better w/Justin Jones than Dexter might, albeit would hardly pass up on Lawrence, as we def have a spot for him on this Dline.
                Just google simmons and look at his videos. The video is not hidden or hard to find.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Wud, I like Willis...good value in round 2 in case we go for ILB, S or OT in round 1...deep draft in DL makes us able to wait until round 2 or maybe even 3 for DT...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

1. Adderley
                    Agree but it was an incident from High school. I'd be worried if it happened like last year. Mixon hasn't been problem since his high school incident. But yes they need to still interview him just because it's the protocol.

Comment

• Classic
                      Hall Of Fame
                      • Dec 2014
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                      He wasnt considered a top 5 guy like Jaylon Smith or Myles Jack but both those guys went top of round 2. I think a team will trade up or straight up take him somewhere in the 2nd as a future steal. Teams that are already pretty good in the back of round 1 may have the luxury of taking him there. Hes one of the most dominant players in the draft. Run and pass. Tackles for loss machine.

I think he goes round 2. Its not a heart defect like we saw with Hurst.
                      Telesco is all about character and I highly doubt we grab him. We passed on Tunsil because of the Gas mask leak at draft day and other questionable guys who are far worse.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

Telesco is all about character and I highly doubt we grab him. We passed on Tunsil because of the Gas mask leak at draft day and other questionable guys who are far worse.
                        Or it could be we picked 3rd and Joey Bosa was there for us. Hardly call that passing on Tunsil.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

re: Simmons.... think you can throw any concerns 'bout "underperforming" out the window, and as far as any chance of him as a "locker room cancer," also surmise/find that as unlikely as reports are stellar of late, and would proffer that we are no longer of the Mike McCoy era (and his visor), but rather an AL team that prolly has not only a much lower tolerance for any of the such, but can actually hold space for any such dissonance with a whole 'nother set of resources, energetically and otherwise in that locker room.... me suspex,

so not overly worried 'bout the guy as any sort of "head case," albeit think the question is his character, and surely that will be left to his interviews and subsequent research to that which has already been tilled/filed, and.... gonna give team Tommy John the benefit of the doubt here.

young John, far as I can tell/surmise, was the one that made the call on AL, and.... seem to recall Telesco making a run, to what degree I don't know, after Ndamukong Suh, so.... guessing that he is fairly nonplussed re: Jerry Tillery (not to mention he's a Golden Domer), and.... wonder how far along we are as an organization that we can perhaps hold space, both w/the person (Simmons) and the League (good boy Dean and the Goodell), when it comes up against the question of how best to (re)fortify our Dline ??
                          RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍