• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoltzBoy87
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Thomas Davis FA 2019

We need a fast LB that can cover and run sideline to sideline. Davis is old, but he is going to want to go to a contender and I think he'd be an amazing fit here for a 1 yr contract. Thoughts?

List of FA's 2019

NFL Trad Rumor's complete list of 2019 NFL Free Agents broken down by position. This list will be updated throughout the offseason as players signed and released.
    Last edited by BoltzBoy87; 01-14-2019, 01:00 PM.
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Thomas Davis is a stone cold leader. Leads with Ray Lewis-type fevor. Locker-room leader, Bolts are lacking on the D-side of the ball.

Comment

• foreigner
      Tom Telesco is gone
      • Sep 2013
      • Send PM

We definitely need the Steve Foley's, Randall Godfrey's and Mike Goff type of signings...

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltzBoy87 View Post
        We need a fast LB that can cover and run sideline to sideline. Davis is old, but he is going to want to go to a contender and I think he'd be an amazing fit here for a 1 yr contract. Thoughts?

List of FA's 2019

http://nfltraderumors.co/2019-nfl-free-agents-list/
        You said it best, he is old. 36 in March. There is a reason Carolina is moving on. He isn't as fast as he used to be. However, being old he shouldn't cost much so bring him in for cheap but I'd rather we get younger and faster.

Comment

• Boltsfan70
          East Coast Chargers Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • PA transplant living in S. Carolina
          • Send PM

I would bring him and his lunch pale in for a look.

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Worth a look, I suppose. I think he is fairly durable. Sideline-to-sideline he is probably not at this point in his career.

Veteran, playoff leadership might be worth it alone, assuming he can contribute on the field. Foley, Godfrey were great signings. But I also remember Spikes and Laboy, more recently. Honestly I don't mind getting another veteran LB in here, but he has to be able to contribute especially if he's going to be taking away potential snaps from a guy like Khyzir White or if we draft somebody.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• chargerkdb
              Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Hotter than hell, Georgia
              • Send PM

4-5 years ago sure.

Comment

• CTrout
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

There will be some good ILB available. CJ Mosley, Jordan Hicks, Kwon Alexander, LJ Fort are all really good players just depends on how much $$$ their looking to spend.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

When we drafted Kyzir White i compared him to Davis and Telvin Smith. I really dont think Telesco will see him as a need based on the fact we have so many WLB types. But you never know. I think we will also try and retain Phillips. Its possible Phillips can make the move to FS as well.

To me a 3 down MLB makes sense. Dime package against the Pats while they are running 21/22 personnel was painful to watch. They played old school football and we couldnt stop it. At least Perryman back so we can have an early down thumper and not be so hard pressed for a LB when we draft.

The minute we got any sort of pressure against Brady up the middle he spiked the ball. We have got to get better up the middle. DT and MLB are monster needs.

Davis would definitely be a coach type on the field for sure. Our young guys would learn quite a bit from him. And he can play both weak and middle. Probably even cover some LBs. If the money is fair he would be an asset.

Comment

• BoltzBoy87
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
                    There will be some good ILB available. CJ Mosley, Jordan Hicks, Kwon Alexander, LJ Fort are all really good players just depends on how much $$$ their looking to spend.
                    Ravens will not let Mosley go, Hicks will also probably re-sign with eagles. I would totally take a look at Kwon & LJ.

Comment

• BoltzBoy87
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                      When we drafted Kyzir White i compared him to Davis and Telvin Smith. I really dont think Telesco will see him as a need based on the fact we have so many WLB types. But you never know. I think we will also try and retain Phillips. Its possible Phillips can make the move to FS as well.

To me a 3 down MLB makes sense. Dime package against the Pats while they are running 21/22 personnel was painful to watch. They played old school football and we couldnt stop it. At least Perryman back so we can have an early down thumper and not be so hard pressed for a LB when we draft.

The minute we got any sort of pressure against Brady up the middle he spiked the ball. We have got to get better up the middle. DT and MLB are monster needs.

Davis would definitely be a coach type on the field for sure. Our young guys would learn quite a bit from him. And he can play both weak and middle. Probably even cover some LBs. If the money is fair he would be an assett.
                      DT & MLB are my biggest needs. Oh and the ever cycling offensive line. Only the god damn chargers draft two guards back to back who so far are fantastic under achievers.

Comment

• BoltzBoy87
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

You said it best, he is old. 36 in March. There is a reason Carolina is moving on. He isn't as fast as he used to be. However, being old he shouldn't cost much so bring him in for cheap but I'd rather we get younger and faster.
                        He is better and more durable than ANY linebacker on our roster is my point. A 1 year deal on Rivers last contract is all I was thinking.

Comment

Working...
                        X