• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltzBoy87 View Post

DT & MLB are my biggest needs. Oh and the ever cycling offensive line. Only the god damn chargers draft two guards back to back who so far are fantastic under achievers.
    Yeah we cant expect our plethora of weapons to do anything as long as our OL isnt performing. I thought the OL played well through the mid part of the season but towards the end of the season just flat out sucked.

Gordon being hurt really killed us as well. Rivers needs a run game and protection. Thats his game. We need a couple OGs. Feeney doesnt look good. Lamp is a bummer at this point.

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Lamp was supposed to be a mauler. At this point you gotta think he simply hasn't recovered from his injury.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• chargerkdb
        Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Hotter than hell, Georgia
        • Send PM

Gimme an offensive lineman from Wisconsin and Defensive lineman from Clemson

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

He is better and more durable than ANY linebacker on our roster is my point. A 1 year deal on Rivers last contract is all I was thinking.
          Durable yes, at 36 don't know about better. I wouldn't mind a one year deal for him instead of keeping Emanual though.

Comment

• RobH
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Tokyo, Japan
            • University English Lecturer
            • Send PM

If we sign him as a backup, it may not be a bad idea. He's the kind of guy who step in right away when needed. Has the right attitude and can carry it over to the young guys. Our starters are not bad, it's the backups who couldn't pull their weight.

Comment

• BoltzBoy87
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Durable yes, at 36 don't know about better. I wouldn't mind a one year deal for him instead of keeping Emanual though.
              Maybe I should have clarified I wanted him instead of Kyle. KE cannot play in space where TD is very good in space. Devin White is my dream pick.

Comment

• BoltzBoy87
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
                If we sign him as a backup, it may not be a bad idea. He's the kind of guy who step in right away when needed. Has the right attitude and can carry it over to the young guys. Our starters are not bad, it's the backups who couldn't pull their weight.
                Yeah... when you lose 3 starting LB's it's hard to really replace that with backups backup. Hats off to Gus for out scheming and bullying the Ravens, but it seemed like they gave it all they got and then had no idea what to do against NE.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Yeah... when you lose 3 starting LB's it's hard to really replace that with backups backup. Hats off to Gus for out scheming and bullying the Ravens, but it seemed like they gave it all they got and then had no idea what to do against NE.
                  Having our 3 top ILBs out was crippling. I think we will definitely add to our LB depth this offseason. It will be interesting to see if we offer Denzel a contract. It will affect our draft strategy. I am not as high on D. White as most. His instincts and lack of height/length limit his effectiveness but amazing speed and brings a thump.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Every year its the same thing, we have one #1 pick and 5 positions to use it on. We never seem to catch up on talent.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                      Charger Fan till the end
                      • Jun 2013
                      • North Carolina
                      • Send PM

Id say injuries hit our lb core pretty seriously that affected our D pretty impactfully. I still think a run stuffing DL is a target but we need to look at our young crew from the last draft too.

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                        Id say injuries hit our lb core pretty seriously that affected our D pretty impactfully. I still think a run stuffing DL is a target but we need to look at our young crew from the last draft too.
                        I think we still have hopes for Khyzir White and I'm not even opposed to Perryman being back. I would definitely sign a solid run stuffing veteran to this group if one's available.
                        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡