• Show
Clear All
  • Boltsfan70
    East Coast Chargers Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • PA transplant living in S. Carolina
    • Send PM

Thanks for a great season!!!

Thank you fleet for keep the forum together. Thank you Bolt-0 for the game day links. Helped me see more games. Thanks to everyone here for the positive and negitive comments. I always enjoy the banter. You guys are the source of most of my Chargers info. Thank you to the Chargers for being relivent again. Keep up the great work all and always Bolt up ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Chad Ebs
  • GA Charger
    A man with a toaster
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

Definitely has been a good season and looking forward to next year already.
    I too am thankful for the forum (came over from the CMB, which I enjoyed as well).

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

You guys are very welcome. I wish it were busier for you guys. But its really hard to compete with the CMB. Im very grateful that a handful of you guys stuck around.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        You guys are very welcome. I wish it were busier for you guys. But its really hard to compete with the CMB. Im very grateful that a handful of you guys stuck around.
        Did they extend the closing date?
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Did they extend the closing date?
          I dont know man. I only recently checked that site a couple days ago. Or maybe it was yesterday. I dont think they want to be involved with us. I tried to extend an olive branch. I guess i rubbed a couple members the wrong way. My intentions were in the right place though.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

I dont know man. I only recently checked that site a couple days ago. Or maybe it was yesterday. I dont think they want to be involved with us. I tried to extend an olive branch. I guess i rubbed a couple members the wrong way. My intentions were in the right place though.
            It never occurred to me that you were anything but a standup dude.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

It never occurred to me that you were anything but a standup dude.
              I cant remember what happened. I think 1 or 2 members floated the idea that i was trying to make a name for myself. lol

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

It wouldn't bother me if the CMB continues, however I do think the clock is ticking. The idea of shutting that forum is just shortsighted; it may be not as slick and controlled as what the team creates via new media to promote its image, but does nothing to build a community. However, it does cost money to run a forum. Re-hosting might work, but once the "official" tag comes off, it's just another fan website. I can't believe that some of their members think that reddit is a viable option. If they do shut down, some may take that as another reason to fade away, but I do hope that many eventually will find their way here.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

They will almost certainly re-emerge as a new forum. I offered my services to help them build a free forum on proboards as i have a lot of experience. If anything just to help them. I want them to succeed. We are all part of the same body. But that forum as well as most official team forums will always keep the smaller forums in check. But the Chargers are special because we lost so any fans. And most new fans will always start at a teams official forum. So eventhough we have brought in 200 new members since 2018 they almost all end up at that site because of the traffic. Its hard on me because i recruit so many. They come here and sign up...get ignored or its so quiet they dont stay. I dont know what to do anymore. This community needs to step up and help. Create discussions with new members. Until then it will be really mellow here.

Comment

Working...
                  X