• Show
Clear All
  • SDFan
    Woober Goober
    • Jun 2013
    • Dolores, CO
    • Retired
    • Send PM

they won both playoff games mostly by playing smash-mouth running football and eating the clock with loooong drives. Amazing how they keep finding productive RBs nobody ever heard of too. Their staff just seamlessly integrates whatever pieces they are given.
    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• captaind
      Cook This Pork Chops
      • Jun 2013
      • Mars
      • Ball Holder
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
      In the words of Ryan Clark (former Steeler)...."no matter how we lined up, they seemed to know EVERY play we were running"....
      That has to be great coaching!
      How many times in the past 2 playoff games did you hear Romo say.....ohhh the Patriots were in the perfect offense/defense for that play?
      Sure does make you wonder.

Comment

• vinabolt
        Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
        • Feb 2015
        • Send PM

Romo correctly predicted 10 straight plays on the NE KC game, sure make you wonder, lol.

It just the understanding of football, lot of study, lot of rewind, lot of scout reports, and the understanding of formations and onfield personnel.

Clark's PIT is owned by NE in playoffs. Either is he a bitter and bias man who implies thing or he just like us, likes to use hyperbole. "Every" basically just means that NE guess right on "many", "most" plays. If NE truly guess right "every" play wouldn't they won every time?
        Last edited by vinabolt; 01-22-2019, 09:36 AM.
        Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

The Patriots run a lot of old school formations. They do it extremely well. Not many gimmicks just really well executed plays,

Watching the game I can see why McDaniels is wanted by teams. He's a schmuck, but he calls a great game and protects his QB
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Budsman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Must suck for the league with TV cameras everywhere catching it while the refs do nothing. I guess integrity of the game really means, Are people still watching? If so then all is well.

Comment

• foreigner
              Tom Telesco is gone
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

I'm not saying the Rams cheated, but one thing I'm starting to learn: you can only win by cheating in this league.
              Last edited by foreigner; 01-22-2019, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• vinabolt
                Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                • Feb 2015
                • Send PM

Who knows, I was in betting business, soccer in Vietnam and football in California. I quit when moving here to Texas. I know for a fact that cheating happens everywhere in sports, in all levels from highschool to pros, from US to Canada. Soccer is pretty much corrupted everywhere. In poorer countries in Africa, billionaires can easily buy a result of a game, by buying either top stars and/or refs.

So I'm sure NE is doing shady stuffs too just like everyone else. But at least having some sense when discussing about their "cheating" accusations. Some people just label them "cheater" just because the other guy said they cheat, or just because some bias "report" said they cheat. Like those sheeps/parrots in Dark Age's society, the guy next to you said this lady is a witch, "everyone" said she's a witch, so this lady must be a witch, let's burn her ass, let's throw rocks at her.

"Cheating" is when you have advantage over your oppositions. How a filming the signals from the sideline different from filming from the seats, from the coach stand? How is it give them advantage over other teams?

If you don't know by now, videotaping opposing coaches is never illegal in the NFL to this day, it's the "sideline" (location) that's disallowed by the league, from a rule change in 2005. Belichick the Stubborn thougth that was a stupid rule, so he ignored it, and paid the price for it. 80,000 people in the stadium can film anything they want, including any team's defensive signals, so the signals are not meant to be hidden, like in baseball a base coach's signals are not meant to be hidden. That's why people change signals weekly. It should have been call WrongLocationGate.

DeflateGate, again, people/haters just love to read the accusations and stop, not follow through on the research and read the objective analysis, explanations. They did multiple scientific experiments and the football do deflate by itself under cold condition. And from Ted Wells report, the number of psi deflate are so small, proven that all the articles about the big number psi were completely wrong. Kraft just too much of a coward to not sue those newspapers, Steve Balmer would have destroy them. At least have the guts to file some lawsuits.

Brady was never discipline for deflating the ball, he was discipline for "no cooperation". They have never prove that NE and Brady deflate the ball. It was "more probable than not", which was a big joke.

From official reports of the game officials, the deflated ball was only use in the 1st half, when NE and IND played evenly. In the 2nd half, they used the correct ball! IND got smoked in that half! So, no advantage here.

The Rams filming walkthrough was proven false, the newspaper already issued apology and deleted their false report, they just listened to 1 person and have never seen any tape or evidence.

"Cheating" is when you have advantage over others, like DEN SalaryCapGate in 1996-1998 SB runs, allowed them to have a bigger cap over everybody else and afford better expensive talents. Or NO with their bounty/payment/briding system that rewarding cashes to players who knockout, "take out" opposing players.

I disdain Boston fans, but Patriots haters are just as dull, even worse, just too much. Boston fans mostly are cowardly bandwagoners who just want to associate themselves with greatness so they can be "cool" and brag. They were Celtics fans who cling on old glory. They weren't Patriots fans in Parcells, Pete Carroll, Drew Bledsoe era. The Patriots had very few fans on those days. Now suddenly they're great and a bunch of fans claw out of nowhere. They cry about how Belichick "disallow" Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennell to reunite, those buffoons don't even know how their own team runs. They cry about how that coward Kraft has a young gf. Dude is a billionaire, what do you expect?
                Last edited by vinabolt; 01-22-2019, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• Budsman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
                  I'm not saying the Rams cheated, but one thing I'm starting to learn: you can only win by cheating in this league.
                  Yeah I can see why the Steelers just kept trying to jump the snap, hey you have to try in this league.

Comment

• Budsman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by vinabolt View Post

Brady was never discipline for deflating the ball, he was discipline for "no cooperation". They have never prove that NE and Brady deflate the ball. It was "more probable than not", which was a big joke.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

At this point, I need hard undeniable evidence NE is not cheating every game. Until a new regime takes over there, every win is tainted. Which sucks for both the players and fans. Well, maybe not so much, they do have all the SB bling and swag and such.

Comment

• vinabolt
                        Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                        • Feb 2015
                        • Send PM

Two completely different cases with completely different things, different contents. Why did you compare to OJ case to WrongLocationGate and DeflateGate? What are the similarities?

'You're confuse maybe because you can't read correctly? Where did I say everyone cheats and easy to buy off games in the US?

No, I didn't say the Pats cheat or don't cheat. I don't know, I don't work for them, do you? I just stated the fact that "Spygate" (Wrong location videotaping) and Deflategate did not provide them with competitive advantage. Go read again.

Yeah I feel it's stupid to say the Patriots are cheating. The only cases you have are "Spygate" (WrongLocationGate) and Deflategate. And none of them provide them with competition advantage. Man up and read my post again on "Spygate" and Deflategate. Don't be afraid of the ugly truth.

And no, Kraft chicken out on sueing the newspapers (after they were clearly report false psi numbers, the real psi numbers were insignificant and confirmed in Ted Wells report) were because he wants the story to stop to protect his businesses. The Patriots is just 1 of his hundred businesses in case you didn't know. He didn't want Goodell and the media/newspapter hate him too much and open up a big can of worms on some shady businesses, including in Europe, Russia that they're doing. Coaches and players are his workers. NE Patriots is 1 of his money makers. Billionair owners sometimes just betray their fans and workers, sacrifice 1 of their businesses to keep other businesses safe.
                        Last edited by vinabolt; 01-23-2019, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• vinabolt
                          Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                          • Feb 2015
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                          At this point, I need hard undeniable evidence NE is not cheating every game. Until a new regime takes over there, every win is tainted. Which sucks for both the players and fans. Well, maybe not so much, they do have all the SB bling and swag and such.
                          No taint here, one or two dumbasses can think whatever they want in their head, it doesn't count nor matter. You need evidences to prove that someone cheats. No evidence needed to prove someone innocent. This is a civilize society, not Dark Age here. Of course you can "believe" whatever you want, doesn't make it true.
                          Last edited by vinabolt; 01-23-2019, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X