Offical Combine Thread - Who Are Your Combine SuperStars?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

I think Takitaki helped himself. I actually thought he would run in the 4.8-5.0 range. The kid is such a smart football player. Hes obviously very athletic. I didnt think he would test well.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

The LB group is big, fast, & athletic. Throw in the conversion prospects going from the highbred S/LB or the DE/EDGE/LB.

Jamal Davis II, Will Harris, Justin Hollins, Gerri Green, Jamal Peters, Sutton Smith, Mark McLaurin, LaDarius Wiley
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Devon White blazed. He broke down in tears after running his 40. Good for him. Solid player.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          Devon White blazed. He broke down in tears after running his 40. Good for him. Solid player.
          He ain't falling to us now. Too bad but probably wont.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

A guy that I thought would test well, LB Terrill Hanks, had a poor 40 (4.96...?) His tape looks like he plays fast. Had numerous tackles in Senior Bowl game. Meanwhile, another guy who was on my sleeper list, LB Gary Johnson, ran a 4.43 40... although he onlt weighed in at 226 lbs. Back to the drawing board...

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
              A guy that I thought would test well, LB Terrill Hanks, had a poor 40 (4.96...?) His tape looks like he plays fast. Had numerous tackles in Senior Bowl game. Meanwhile, another guy who was on my sleeper list, LB Gary Johnson, ran a 4.43 40... although he onlt weighed in at 226 lbs. Back to the drawing board...
              Hanks didn't run his second. Wonder if some kind of pulled muscle or something because his game tape speed didn't match that time.

Johnson trained to run. He'll play heavier and good looking 1 year starter/former track guy. He definitely has a pretty high ceiling. His physicality is my main concern.

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• CTrout
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Damn...Darnell Savage FS Maryland was a bit of a sleeper guy for me. Then he goes out and runs 4.3s. One of my favorite players in this draft.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

underwear olympics

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
                    Damn...Darnell Savage FS Maryland was a bit of a sleeper guy for me. Then he goes out and runs 4.3s. One of my favorite players in this draft.
                    Really good, bit undersized, prospect that I expected to run fast but not that fast.

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
                      His speed shows up on tape... especially when attacking the LOS in run support. A lot of people had him mocked as a SS because he tackles so well. They didn't know he'd test as fast. I had him mocked as a FS in the 3rd. With that speed, he may not make it to #60 now. Not a lot of tape showing him as a single-high FS, though. Will be interesting to see how high he goes. A lot of my "sleepers" are shooting up big boards.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Hanks didn't run his second. Wonder if some kind of pulled muscle or something because his game tape speed didn't match that time.

Johnson trained to run. He'll play heavier and good looking 1 year starter/former track guy. He definitely has a pretty high ceiling. His physicality is my main concern.
                        Gary Johnson was a LB I saw playing in nickle/dime situations. I thought that if we drafted a true MIKE in the 2nd/3rd, that Johnson would be a nice compliment in the 7th. His speed shows up in coverage and blitzing. Also chases down ball carriers from across the field. Smaller, fast, cover LB team are now looking for. I thought of him as a replacement for Phillips if Phillips commands too much in FA.

Comment

Working...
                        X