• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    Liuget next im assuming. Probably Verrett. Telesco loves his guys. Then draft rookies to back them up or compete for starting gigs. I still think we draft a MLB. I expect we tender Williams. CB isnt a pressing need even if we dont bring Verrett back on a show me incentive laden deal.

We should move Jammer to Safety.
    am all for moving DK to FS

and will be surprised if we sign the either of Corey or Jason, and.... do agree we tender Trevor, albeit do suspect we are thinking CB....

King, Heyward, Williams, Davis, Facyson.... ?? (who is the odd man out, or are the Chargers hedging their bets against injury there ?)

ps. think we'll be looking SAM/OTTO rather than MIKE/MLB (Pullard was not the problem vs. NE)
    RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Agree there. I impact disrupter inside.
      Then speed, size, length, athleticism, instincts at LB via draft most likely.
      FS has a quality FA arket and somereal talent in the draft.
      do you think it's possible that we go Simmons, Dex one/two ??

and who do you like @LB ?? am pretty much Coney/TJ Edwards or bust by my take ??

and will be surprised if we go FS in FA, and think it more likely we wait on a developmental safety come day three.

who are the single highs that you think fit w/the Chargers defensive backfield ??
      RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Many GMs and Scouts will tell you its that 3rd year you really expect to see a players development. So anyone calling Lamp a bust at this point is probably off base. Give prospects 3 years. Especially non 1st rounders. But it applies to them as well. Im sure this is all draft 101 for you.

Thats why you are staff. lol
        won't be surprised to see Jenkins take his play up a notch, only question is where does he make the greatest impact ??

if AP signs elsewhere, guessing @dime LB could be the answer, and....

wondering if Forrest might be our successor to Pouncey @the OC ??

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
          Look for Telesco to go DT/OT/BPA in the 1st and draft Perryman's successor in the 2nd round. He's done this every draft since 2014.
          not sure what you mean (Derwin, Mike Williams, MG3, Verrett.... Fluker/Bosa the only linemen drafted ?)

and think the idea is that Denzel is going to be our MLB of the future, w/no need to draft his "successor,"

perhaps a dependable backup, albeit not sure that Gus isn't ok w/Pullard (even tho we brought him back as almost an afterthought last season).

will say that TT seemed to be emphatic re: the need to address LB this offseason.... (is resigning Denzel and drafting an Emanuel replacement sufficient enough ?)

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

very happy w/the signing and grateful to have Denzel back w/us.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

and will be surprised if we sign the either of Corey or Jason, and.... do agree we tender Trevor, albeit do suspect we are thinking CB....

King, Heyward, Williams, Davis, Facyson.... ?? (who is the odd man out, or are the Chargers hedging their bets against injury there ?)

ps. think we'll be looking SAM/OTTO rather than MIKE/MLB (Pullard was not the problem vs. NE)
              Good questions. Im really only guessin Verrett because i think if his speed is still there he has the skills to take on Tyreek. And only if its a prove it one year deal. Im guessing more Corey than Jason though. Just a hunch. Im wrong often.

I think we need depth at SAM. This is why i keep floating LBs who can play multiple spots. Taki can play MLB and SAM. IMO...even with Perryman coming back, we need depth at those 2 spots. Unless we bring Phillips back and use Brown as MLB depth. But he and Perryman are fragile. I think we need a player or 2. The depth chart is woefully thin.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

won't be surprised to see Jenkins take his play up a notch, only question is where does he make the greatest impact ??

if AP signs elsewhere, guessing @dime LB could be the answer, and....

wondering if Forrest might be our successor to Pouncey @the OC ??
                I have never heard Lamps name brought up at Center. Feeney yes. Then we drafted Q. Phillips going elsehwere would bum me out. He is so important. I think Jenkins is probably gonna get time at FS. Hes built like Chancellor. Would love to have 2 huge safties like we will have with James/Jenkins. My answer for the secondary is pass rush. And interior pass rush.

Im hoping Jenkins and Feeney in their 3rd year can start to pay us some huge weekly yields.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

do you think it's possible that we go Simmons, Dex one/two ??

and who do you like @LB ?? am pretty much Coney/TJ Edwards or bust by my take ??

and will be surprised if we go FS in FA, and think it more likely we wait on a developmental safety come day three.

who are the single highs that you think fit w/the Chargers defensive backfield ??
                  Possible sure, likely no. I am not a real big D. Lawerence backer - I'd take him late 3 or after. Their are several guys mid/late I believe we could get the same basic production from. Simmons is my top rated prospect and I'm more than fine w/a redshirt year.

Here are some LBs I like that aren't primary names.....

Chase Hansen, Tyrel Dodson, Jamal Davis II, Germaine Pratt, Justin Hollins, Bobby Okereke, Jahlani Tavai, Dakota Allen, Austin Robinson, Cody Barton ( doing more film study on him )

FS prospects I like for us.....

Juan Thornhill, Nasir Adderley, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Marvell Tell III, Darnell Savage Jr, Ugo Amani, Marquise Blair, Sheldrick Redwine
                  Couple others that I still want too see times long speed Delvon Randall (love the way he plays), Mike Edwards, Jordan Wyatt
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Meh. We should move on from guys like Perryman and Verrett who can never stay on the field.

Comment

• Xenos
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

We just drafted Uchena last year in the 2nd round for the OTTO position.

Comment

• Xenos
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        Meh. We should move on from guys like Perryman and Verrett who can never stay on the field.
                        Perryman is not that durable. But he at least has seen the field more than Verrett. And he's a cheaper option than Mosley, who while more durable, does not offer anything better than Perryman. Probably would be more expensive too.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

If he can play in the postseason, I would pay the extra expense. But whatevs, we have Perryman back, the D practically sings opera when he is in there, hope he stays healthy for years.

Comment

Working...
                          X