Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

** sigh **

Lost 3 friends/co-workers to cancer in the past 12 months. Very sad. Best to Kelly and his family.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

My cousin Julie just died friday night after her battle with Cancer.

Kellys cancer hits home for me because its oral cancer. Something i fear everyday as a former chewing tobacco abuser.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Do not live in fear, just live. Sorry for your loss, my friend.
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• MakoShark
            Disgruntled
            • Jun 2013
            • North Alabama
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
            My cousin Julie just died friday night after her battle with Cancer.

Kellys cancer hits home for me because its oral cancer. Something i fear everyday as a former chewing tobacco abuser.
            Carpe diem, bro.

Get well K-gun.
            sigpic

Comment

• BoltBacker
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Las Vegas, NV
              • Send PM

Hate seeing this, puts everything in perspective. My sincere condolences Fleet, I remember you talking of Julie back on the old board. Makes me stop for a second and realize the blessings that we have, family is everything. Seeing Jim Kelly with his daughter brings it home.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • SoDak
                • Technology Director
                • Send PM

I was always a big Jim Kelly and Buffalo fan during that time (the Chargers kinda stunk for most of that period...in fact weren't the Chargers the first team to make the Super Bowl after Buffalo's run of 4 straight? I'm not going to look, but that feels right.)

Hate to see this happen. And like Fleet, it gives me pause as a former tobacco chewer, and motivation to stay off the stuff.
                "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                  BlazingBolt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, Gaints beat em, Redskins beat em, Dallas vs Buffalo happened 2 times, Chargers v 49ers, than Dallas Pitt for Aikman's third
              • Kyle
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                I was always a big Jim Kelly and Buffalo fan during that time (the Chargers kinda stunk for most of that period...in fact weren't the Chargers the first team to make the Super Bowl after Buffalo's run of 4 straight? I'm not going to look, but that feels right.)

Hate to see this happen. And like Fleet, it gives me pause as a former tobacco chewer, and motivation to stay off the stuff.
                This is terrible. I had just read this article on Kelly a few weeks ago...

Former Buffalo Bills quarterback Jim Kelly endured heartbreaking loss and cancer yet says he's blessed, Rick Reilly writes.

It's unbelievable the bad luck and pain he has endured in his life, from losing his son, to being in a plan crash in the Bering Sea, to jaw cancer when he never chewed. He's the ultimate example of facing adversity with strength and class. I'm really rooting for him to overcome this.

I was misdiagnosed with cancer last year. For 10 days I thought I had stage 4 cancer. I'm beyond blessed that it turned out to be coccidiodiomycosis, and the whole experience was a game changer for me in so many different ways. Jim Kelly is only 54. I really hope he beats this thing and gets a chance to finally live pain free and with some peace in his life for the rest of his life. He deserves it.
                sigpic

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                  This is terrible. I had just read this article on Kelly a few weeks ago...

Former Buffalo Bills quarterback Jim Kelly endured heartbreaking loss and cancer yet says he's blessed, Rick Reilly writes.

It's unbelievable the bad luck and pain he has endured in his life, from losing his son, to being in a plan crash in the Bering Sea, to jaw cancer when he never chewed. He's the ultimate example of facing adversity with strength and class. I'm really rooting for him to overcome this.

I was misdiagnosed with cancer last year. For 10 days I thought I had stage 4 cancer. I'm beyond blessed that it turned out to be coccidiodiomycosis, and the whole experience was a game changer for me in so many different ways. Jim Kelly is only 54. I really hope he beats this thing and gets a chance to finally live pain free and with some peace in his life for the rest of his life. He deserves it.
                  Well put.
                  ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

I had parotitis last october with extreme swelling in my cheek. I was convinced when that happened that i had salivary cancer. Ive developed really bad health anxiety after my cousin was diagnosed. Anyways i had a full head CT and it showed infection. There was no real pain with it. Otherwise a clean CT.

3 weeks ago i started having pain in all 4 of my upper back teeth on my left side. Opposite side of where i had parotitis. General pain in my cheek as well. Sunday night i was eating and i felt a huge pain with each chew in my ear and surrounding areas. Now the part of my skull around the ear and my temple is painful to the touch. Its not throbbing but i can feel enough pressure there to make me want to stay in bed.

So you know where im at with this mentally. I did see my ENT a week ago when the teeth pain was there and he said he really doubts that if it were cancer it would come on this fast after my october CT was clean. 6 months ago. The weird thing is that most would say its TMJ....but ive had 3 doctors put there fingers in my TMJ joints and tell me that i dont have it. Then sunday this pain in my ear and bone surround my ear started and is still there. It feels tied in with my upper back teeth.

Im just scared a little bit. The last thing my body needs is more radiation from another scan. But im close to just asking for one. Thing is i dont think insurance would improve 2 CT scans so close to each other.

Comment

• Kyle
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Get the scan Chris... better safe than sorry. Even if it's not cancerous at least you'll have the peace of mind.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X