• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    They did have to make a move like this. After trading away Mack and Cooper, they pretty much had to make a move like this. Otherwise, the fan base and locker rooms will both go into full-scale revolt. Gruden had to prove to them he was doing something to win now.

If I was going to pay a player close to $20 million a year, it would have been Mack though.
    That fan base is ride or die. They were terrible for the better part of the first two decades of this century, announced a move of the franchise and still drew pretty well. The Chargers would have had. Couple of hundred fans left if they had the record the Raiders did over the past 15 years

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Actually Steve, now that Mr. Diva is in the house, the locker room, sooner or later, WILL go into a full-scale revolt...and as Martha Stewart said, "it's a good thing..." (for us!)
      That's "Mr. Big Chest Diva" for them.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

He is 30. How much gas is left in those legs?
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Actually Steve, now that Mr. Diva is in the house, the locker room, sooner or later, WILL go into a full-scale revolt...and as Martha Stewart said, "it's a good thing..." (for us!)
          I completely agree. My point is that there are several break points. If Gruden wants to hold off the revolt till mid-season, then he needs to do something now, and he did. As you point out, there is one looming on the horizon. And that is a good thing for us.

Just about every successful football coach I have ever met has a huge ego. Gruden actually has a track record to justify some of it, but I think he is deluding himself big time. The big cratering can't come soon enough.

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I completely agree. My point is that there are several break points. If Gruden wants to hold off the revolt till mid-season, then he needs to do something now, and he did. As you point out, there is one looming on the horizon. And that is a good thing for us.

Just about every successful football coach I have ever met has a huge ego. Gruden actually has a track record to justify some of it, but I think he is deluding himself big time. The big cratering can't come soon enough.
            If by track record you mean winning with someone else's roster, then driving the team into the ground....I agree with you 100%

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Gruden's track record was built as an OC in Philly and building up the Raiders SB team. he may not have coached them, but they were his team, at least in the same sense that Dungy built the Bucs. Like it or not, Gruden has some experience building a roster. Hopefully, his ego is writing checks his current abilities cannot cash.

Looking at the is FA signings and early trades, that seems to be coming to pass.

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

O
                Gruden's track record was built as an OC in Philly and building up the Raiders SB team. he may not have coached them, but they were his team, at least in the same sense that Dungy built the Bucs. Like it or not, Gruden has some experience building a roster. Hopefully, his ego is writing checks his current abilities cannot cash.

Looking at the is FA signings and early trades, that seems to be coming to pass.
                Last edited by Panamamike; 03-11-2019, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

SPOILERAB flames out. Gruden fired.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                  X