• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post

This place has been around for 17 years or that you have known some of us for 17 years?
    Not this particular forum. But prior to this forum we had been together at TNFLF since around 2001 i think. Maybe 02. I dont recall Captain or Tsokas laying out rules.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
      I think I've known Fleet and a bunch of these fools for around 21 years. Never met any of them other than Benji(espn)
      Its been a great ride man. You and I were ESPN guys i think. With Civil D and Kyle. 21BOLTS55. I was cfleet1 all those years. I remember Shamrock was with us. I think he wrote the rules at the CMB.

Comment

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Its been a great ride man. You and I were ESPN guys i think. With Civil D and Kyle. 21BOLTS55. I was cfleet1 all those years. I remember Shamrock was with us. I think he wrote the rules at the CMB.
        I was there back then as well. "padrecharger"...

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post

I was there back then as well. "padrecharger"...
          Yep. Legend.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

That board was my life back then. I'd log in at work and spend my entire day on there. I worked, but back then my work was very short bursts of 7 hours of doing nothing with 1 hour of mayhem.

Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

That board was my life back then. I'd log in at work and spend my entire day on there. I worked, but back then my work was very short bursts of 7 hours of doing nothing with 1 hour of mayhem.
              LOL. I ended up going back after we moved to TNFLF and rescuing as many as i could from the NFL general. board. I posted there a lot 2 because it was mostly off topic stuff. Thats my other forum. Its a shit show. Just like it was on ESPN. lol

They ultimately went through something we term the robustion. They claimed they were making the forums more robust. It became something similar to FB. People hated it and left. So they shut down the forums. I grabbed around a thousand members. The best ones. And made a new forum. Probably around 200 of us left.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Not this particular forum. But prior to this forum we had been together at TNFLF since around 2001 i think. Maybe 02. I dont recall Captain or Tsokas laying out rules.
                theNFLForum i joined in 2001 and then all our data got erased and we had to sign up again in 2002 then shortly after that in 2002 is when i first saw you in there.
                Shamrock was a UT Mod before going to CMB. Roo as well. Shamrock really became pretty strict as time went on in CMB where he wasnt like that at the UT. He would warn you if you posted using Tapatalk and your post said Tapatalk at the end of it and wanted you to take it off.....lol. I was like, who cares? Its an app, but he insisted.

Not trying to say bad things, as i havent seen him in a while. Just dont know what happened at the CMB.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-13-2019, 11:49 AM.
                11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

theNFLForum i joined in 2001 and then all our data got erased and we had to sign up again in 2002 then shortly after that in 2002 is when i first saw you in there.
                  Yep and we lasted i think until 2012 or so. Thats when Captain and I saw the ticking clock and rushed to get this place open.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

LOL. I ended up going back after we moved to TNFLF and rescuing as many as i could from the NFL general. board. I posted there a lot 2 because it was mostly off topic stuff. Thats my other forum. Its a shit show. Just like it was on ESPN. lol

They ultimately went through something we term the robustion. They claimed they were making the forums more robust. It became something similar to FB. People hated it and left. So they shut down the forums. I grabbed around a thousand members. The best ones. And made a new forum. Probably around 200 of us left.
                    I went cold turkey on espn the day I joined TNFLF. Never looked back. Too many trolls.

I think those years at espn/TNFLF I was truly invested in the team. I thought they really were going to deliver a championship. They just kept tripping up and making mistakes

I think this current roster has a chance, and I think they are making the right moves, but Im getting old and maybe a little QSmokey bitter about the losing
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• chargerkdb
                      Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                      • Send PM

RC, AirCoryell/Gilbride...was that thenflforum? I can't remember?

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

I went cold turkey on espn the day I joined TNFLF. Never looked back. Too many trolls.

I think those years at espn/TNFLF I was truly invested in the team. I thought they really were going to deliver a championship. They just kept tripping up and making mistakes

I think this current roster has a chance, and I think they are making the right moves, but Im getting old and maybe a little QSmokey bitter about the losing
                        Yeah i got pretty good at managing the trolls. Devised ways to even fix them rather than cutting them on my other forum. We use quarantines. lol It actually works.

I hear you in regards to the losing but its so freaking hard to win a championship. I get burned out at times....but my true love is charger fans. I couldnt have made it through a lot of my personal issues without the support of Charger fans. Ill never stop hoping for a superbowl.

Not too mention the draft was always something i put a lot of time and study into. This has been a year where i somewhat passed that torch over. I havnt had the time to watch the film.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
                          RC, AirCoryell/Gilbride...was that thenflforum? I can't remember?
                          yes

Comment

Working...
                          X