• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris9341
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Chargers.... Don't Go The Route I Think You're Going

On drafting a QB. Look QB's like Lamar Jackson and and kyle Murray are decent QB's but they are the type of Quarterbacks that if they make a SB it's gonna be because of there defense and that they have a strong running game. Now before you say well what about Russell Wilson, I would say that the Seahawks defense and the running game won them the first superbowl and should have been back to back wins for them. As far as Lamar Jackson goes yes he can scramble but as you found out he can be contained and once that happens he is below avg. Kyle Murray now he obviously has the arm question is can he be the type of QB who can sit in the pocket while getting pressured and make the throw? That's the kind of QB I want, someone who is not afraid to step up- in the pocket get the ball off and take a hit, as Rivers has done his entire career. Another reason I have a feeling they may be going this route is look at the type of players he is drafting especially on defense and I'm happy about that. he wants to build this defense up to be a top 3 or maybe even the best defense in the NFL and have a strong running game and have a QB like Lamar Jackson or Kyle Murray. Im all for that I just don't like the types of QB's coach lynn likes.
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Who the hell is Kyle Murray??
    .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
    .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
    .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
    .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
    .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
    .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
    .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
    .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
    .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• chris9341
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      Who the hell is Kyle Murray??
      Ok since we are getting technical here kyler Murray. is that better? I think you know who I was referring to.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Is there some kind of intel that LAC is trading up to #1 overall ?
        You don't know ball

Comment

• chris9341
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          Is there some kind of intel that LAC is trading up to #1 overall ?
          Ok if you are referring to me about Kyler Murray I was generalizing. I was just making an example. There is no way on hell we would ever trade up to get him.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post

Ok if you are referring to me about Kyler Murray I was generalizing. I was just making an example. There is no way on hell we would ever trade up to get him.
            OK. I do have a secret sauce player near the top of my round 1 clusta.

And TT does tend to go for production, big school prospects, and plus character types.

Will TT go rogue ?
            You don't know ball

Comment

• chris9341
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

OK. I do have a secret sauce player near the top of my round 1 clusta.

And TT does tend to go for production, big school prospects, and plus character types.

Will TT go rogue ?
              Ok I gotta know who your secret sauce player is and how far do you want TT to trade up? I myself has been saying he should trade up to like pick 10-14 to get Ed Oliver.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                Pretty much retired......
                • Sep 2018
                • JoJa
                • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post

Ok I gotta know who your secret sauce player is and how far do you want TT to trade up? I myself has been saying he should trade up to like pick 10-14 to get Ed Oliver.
                Not only no....but HELL NO!!!

Comment

• chargerkdb
                  Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Not only no....but HELL NO!!!
                  Talented but I think he's a head case.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

wu .

Scribble. Scribble.
                    (The sound of writing down notes.)
                    You don't know ball

Comment

There is only one reason we would try to trade up this season: Philip Rivers has given the team the nod that this is his last season. With that in mind, it is quite possible that TT could move up to draft a quarterback if he felt that there is a legitimate franchise quarterback in this year's draft class. Not a middle of the pack guy, but a guy that can potentially be a top ten or five quarterback in the league. At that point I could understand it if we moved up because they would get to sit behind Rivers for a year. But conversely I would question the logic because we might as well use our draft capital on strengthening our team and we can look at next year's draft for our future quarterback, and we even now have Tyrod Taylor to fall back on as a bridge quarterback if Rivers gave the nod.

What type of quarterback will our team target to replace Rivers?

Interesting question. If we look at last year's draft class, Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold showed their ability to be their franchise's quarterback of the future. What do both have in common? They are not running quarterbacks like Lamar Jackson. They can run if they need to and make plays with their legs, but they do their damage with their arm. The same goes for Patrick Mahomes in Kansas City. He does his damage with his arm, though he has the athleticism to make plays with his legs when required. That is the type of quarterback this league leans towards. A quarterback that can make all the throws but has sufficient athleticism to make plays/extend plays with his legs when required. Look at the list of quarterbacks that fit that description starting in the NFL:

- AFC: Andy Dalton (Bengals), Baker Mayfield (Browns), Sam Darnold (Jets), Ryan Tannehill (Dolphins), Marcus Mariota (Titans), Nick Foles (Jaguars), Andrew Luck (Colts), Derek Carr (Raiders), Patrick Mahomes (Chiefs)
                      - NFC: Mitch Trubisky (Bears), Matthew Stafford (Lions), Kirk Cousins (Vikings), Aaron Rodgers (Packers), Carson Wentz (Eagles), Dak Prescott (Cowboys), Jameis Winston (Buccaneers), Cam Newton (Panthers), Matt Ryan (Falcons), Russell Wilson (Seahawks)

Now some of those quarterbacks use their legs as a last resort like Matt Ryan or Kirk Cousins, and others use their legs more like Cam Newton and Russell Wilson, but these quarterbacks all have the ability to make all the throws and when needed utilise their legs to extend plays/make plays. That is the type of quarterback that teams try to get in the draft. Sure you get some guys that don't run like Tom Brady and Philip Rivers, but generally teams look for guys that can use their legs when required rather than guys that rely on their legs like RGIII and Lamar Jackson. For me, I think we will look for someone with the ability to make all the throws and has sufficient athleticism to make plays with their legs when required, rather than a guy that has elite athleticism that relies too much on their running. That style might work in college when they might be the best athlete on the field, but in the pros they might not be the best athlete, and as we've seen before running quarterbacks aren't always durable.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Rivers wants a ring. Win now. TT will draft accordingly.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍