• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Budsman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDFan View Post

KC knows Berry's health status and abilities better than anyone- and they chose to move on. You gotta wonder why they didn't at least try to re-structure his contract to reduce cost if they thought he could still be productive for full seasons and not miss a bunch of games, right? Instead they went out and signed another big contract FA- so maybe $ isn't the issue with Berry. People here are suggesting Berry should sign a discounted, incentive laden "prove it" contract with the Chargers, but wouldn't you expect KC already investigated that with him before moving on?

My sense is the Chargers feel they have enough guys on the roster already and expect 1 will emerge to more than adequately replace Addae, but would still sign the right guy that falls into their lap at the right price, or in the draft or UDFA period after the draft. As long as Boston is still out there, I think it's possible he ends up a Charger again.
    Sometimes teams just get tired of waiting. They want to move on, but that doesn't always mean they're right. Can't assume that the Chiefs front office could never make a mistake.

Comment

• Budsman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Good Lord, I forgot he was still sitting there. That guy has to hate this time of year.........
      So true! I just think Bradley wants safety's that can tackle and be moved up in the box or moved around anyway without being too big of a liability. It's why they moved on from Addae, he's good in the box and bad in coverage, Boston is the oppositite.

In in a pinch he's probable a serviceable option though.

Comment

• Boltx
        Dominate the day
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Bring him in for a look.
        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        😂