• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Didn't Lynn say somewhere that he like QBs with mobility? Rosen doesn't fit that at all.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Teams have carried 3 QBs in the past. Saints classify Hill as a TE but he had packages. Brees, Hill, Teddy. Its not out of the realm of possibility that even without Rosen we see some Tyrod packages. Its really only one year. You sacrifice a little cap. A roster spot for potentially a franchise QB?

New stadium in LA. New LA QB? Could be a new fan element they are thinking about.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Brock Bowers N.M.W.
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        I'll believe it when it happens. Til then I'm not buying that we are willing to give up a 2nd for him to sit the bench after signing Tyrod.
        Here is a very fair assessment of Rosen who indeed needs to get faster at assessing his progressions and getting rid of the ball faster.

I don't know what River's long term plans really are...none of us fans do. If it's 2, 3 years max...I got no problem giving a late 2nd rounder for Rosen. It's a steal. Gotta do the homework...and you know we would. Make sure Phillip is on board...but yea. Top 15 talent for a late second? And if he is humble/enthusiastic about learning from Rivers for a few years?

I know...there is certainly a good player that may be able to contribute this year or soon, that can be had with that 2nd, if we pick right. I know we all want to win now...

But we also want to be competitive year in and year out...no rebuilding, no trading away half a draft to scramble and get River's replacement when he hangs em up. I mean, what happens if he takes a nasty hit, and jacks up that back of his? Hard to think about, but anything can happen in this league.

If we don't make a play for Rosen, I won't even blink...I love my draft picks! But if our staff likes the situation enough to spend a second, and maybe a late pick to sweeten the deal, I would certainly understand and support it as a possibly shrewd move for the future of the team.

As far as Rosen's rookie campaign, I really didn't think he did all that bad, all things considered...even flashed at times...and he was surrounded by trash. I don't question his talent...just whether his attitude is right for coming here under Rivers...and I would assume we would be careful to ensure it would be a good situation for all involved, before we made the move.
        The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Well if an LA connection for fans is what they want, they can draft a USCand UCLA player in every round but they will still Boo and not show up for games when we don't win.
          Still believe winning is King.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-27-2019, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Brock Bowers N.M.W.
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Didn't even consider Tyrod as part of the trade...even more interesting.

Probably nothing comes of it...but god, I love this time of year, and all the shit flying around!!lol:Cheers1:
            The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
              Well if an LA connection for fans is what they want, they can draft a USC player in every round but they will still Boo and not show up for games when we don't win.
              Still believe winning is King.
              No shit. lol Im talking about one guy. Most college fans in LA are probably casual fans. Dont know most players or positions. But QB? Everyone knows Rosen. I have one brother who went to USC. Another who went to UCLA. USC brother a Charger fan and the UCLA brother a Rams fan. Thats really only because he has lived in LA for most of his adult life and the Rams were there for him to latch onto. He is a casual fan. Not a true football guy. But he said if Rosen went to the Bolts he would be a Bolt fan.

But just talking about Rosen today has created dialogue between us 3. We are talking Bolts. So its good that we are discussing them in a really down time of year for most fans. Especially the ones that dont follow the draft.

You have to kick the tires on Rosen if you have a guy like Rivers on your team. Just like the Pats and Giants are doing with their aging QBs.

I would love to get a franchise QB without having to use 3 1st round picks. I dont know if Rosen is that guy. I just want the transition from Rivers to be smooth and not cost an arm and a leg.

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Even if it did not work out. Trading a bottom of 2nd rd pick for QB that was 10th overall last year to sit behind Rivers is a good bet, imo. Considering if Chargers continue to win games they won't have a top 10 pick to use on QB unless they have a terrible season under Lynn. Finding QB in later rds does happen, but in general the great QB prospects are off the board top15.
                This type of opportunity does not happen.

Again, even If it did not work out, imo its a good risk to take.
                Do it TT!
                Who has it better than us?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                  Even if it did not work out. Trading a bottom of 2nd rd pick for QB that was 10th overall last year to sit behind Rivers is a good bet, imo. Considering if Chargers continue to win games they won't have a top 10 pick to use on QB unless they have a terrible season under Lynn. Finding QB in later rds does happen, but in general the great QB prospects are off the board top15.
                  This type of opportunity does not happen.

Again, even If it did not work out, imo its a good risk to take.
                  Do it TT!
                  Is there any chance that Rivers has already told the Chargers that this is his last year ?

You don't know ball

Comment

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Is there any chance that Rivers has already told the Chargers that this is his last year ?

You'd like to think he'd give the team a nod when he's thinking this is it so they can plan accordingly. Obviously he can change his mind and play on, but if it's the case he's thinking one more go then he's helping the team by telling them, but I guess it's also not his problem in a sense because only a player who is not sure what he'll do.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Mike View Post

You'd like to think he'd give the team a nod when he's thinking this is it so they can plan accordingly. Obviously he can change his mind and play on, but if it's the case he's thinking one more go then he's helping the team by telling them, but I guess it's also not his problem in a sense because only a player who is not sure what he'll do.
                      Of course we'd all like for him to play several more years.
                      But it was a damn good question by blueman.
                      Why the Tyrod contract ?
                      You don't know ball

Comment

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Of course we'd all like for him to play several more years.
                        But it was a damn good question.
                        Why the Tyrod contract ?

Insurance? Ties to Lynn?

I'd lean towards both. Taylor gives us a QB that has started on a team that made it to the play offs, and he's also someone that our head coach knows. I'd also throw in the insurance he gives us if Rivers retires because he's an ideal bridge quarterback until we draft Rivers successor (or his drafted successor is ready if we go for someone this year).

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Mike View Post

Insurance? Ties to Lynn?

I'd lean towards both. Taylor gives us a QB that has started on a team that made it to the play offs, and he's also someone that our head coach knows. I'd also throw in the insurance he gives us if Rivers retires because he's an ideal bridge quarterback until we draft Rivers successor (or his drafted successor is ready if we go for someone this year).
                          Good point about familiarity with AL.
                          Maybe some of River's accuracy can rub off on Tyrod.
                          And some of Tyrod's style rub off on Rivers, Tyrod being a fashion icon.
                          You see Tyrod's yellow suit at the introductory presser ?
                          That's just for starters.
                          You don't know ball

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞