• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I can, if he just feels done. He did set the best game record, not a bad spot to walk away from. I doubt it, but it did occur to me reading this thread.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Rivers is on record as saying he'd like to play at least one season in the new stadium.... that is not a "few" more years.... 'tis two more years, and....

do recall reports which claimed PR was willing/interested in playing longer than that ??

and not sure Rosen fits our LAC culture, re: the toughness quotient, as am not sure he doesn't have a hint/touch of primadonna to him, which I doubt is too much of a concern to a Belichick, and whose team was reportedly interested in Rosen from day one, and.... ditto for the Giants who apparently had earlier interest in him as well.

the Chargers.... don't recall hearing bleep from them re: Joshy Josh, and.... (more importantly by my take @least is) Stidham >> Rosen

and would agree that Tyrod is more the case of insurance, Lynn and Geno/Cardale, and.... not that PR is going anywhere soon.

ps. not sure what data you're drawing from, and.... if you're a GM and "most" of your second rounders don't pan out, guessing that "most" likely you will soon be out of work.

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Is there any chance Lynn has told Rivers this is your last year?
        I know you are no Rosen fan.
        But there sure is that issue of mobility...and the unknown of declining skills.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Rivers was underthowing a lot of passes last year. Just saying, he may be feeling the years.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
            Rivers was underthowing a lot of passes last year. Just saying, he may be feeling the years.
            Lack of mobility puts a lot of pressure on the offensive line.

So even if teams press our receivers, we have got to find a way to make short passes work.

Hmmm. I am just thinking how crappy Potatohead threw his last year, when he got a ring.

Comment

• Budsman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
              Rivers is on record as saying he'd like to play at least one season in the new stadium.... that is not a "few" more years.... 'tis two more years, and....

do recall reports which claimed PR was willing/interested in playing longer than that ??

and not sure Rosen fits our LAC culture, re: the toughness quotient, as am not sure he doesn't have a hint/touch of primadonna to him, which I doubt is too much of a concern to a Belichick, and whose team was reportedly interested in Rosen from day one, and.... ditto for the Giants who apparently had earlier interest in him as well.

the Chargers.... don't recall hearing bleep from them re: Joshy Josh, and.... (more importantly by my take @least is) Stidham >> Rosen

and would agree that Tyrod is more the case of insurance, Lynn and Geno/Cardale, and.... not that PR is going anywhere soon.

ps. not sure what data you're drawing from, and.... if you're a GM and "most" of your second rounders don't pan out, guessing that "most" likely you will soon be out of work.
              The draft is an inexact science and some wouldneven say a crap shoot, The second round even more than the first. This isnt madden, a lot of second round players dont make it. GMs dont get fired because they missed on second rounders. Its likely because they didnt do a plethora of things that led to their firing not just they missed on those second rounders.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

The draft is an inexact science and some wouldneven say a crap shoot, The second round even more than the first. This isnt madden, a lot of second round players dont make it. GMs dont get fired because they missed on second rounders. Its likely because they didnt do a plethora of things that led to their firing not just they missed on those second rounders.
                I would definitely agree with you.

This is especially important when considered in the context of Forrest Lamp being labeled as a bust.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Lack of mobility puts a lot of pressure on the offensive line.

So even if teams press our receivers, we have got to find a way to make short passes work.

Hmmm. I am just thinking how crappy Potatohead threw his last year, when he got a ring.
                  That was in 2015, when Potatohead's arm went noodle and he also pulled a muscle in his foot, leading to a couple of losses, including a 4-pick game vs. the Chefs, and the Donks replaced him with Osweiler halfway through the season. Ossie did fairly well until the final game against US. That's when they yanked Ossie mid-game in favor of Peyton, who was sufficiently recovered from his injuries and led the Donks to a win, and later they got the ring. So, Potatohead's issues were either the foot, the noodle arm, or a combination of both.
                  Last edited by Topcat; 03-28-2019, 06:31 AM.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                    When Rivers has time to properly set and step into his throws, he's usually fine. But any pressure that causes him to rush his throws, and he frequently underthrows, hence picks. So, need better pass pro, shorter pass routes, or a combination of both.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I'm all in on trading a 2nd for Rosen and have him sit for 2 seasons
                      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

When Rivers has time to properly set and step into his throws, he's usually fine. But any pressure that causes him to rush his throws, and he frequently underthrows, hence picks. So, need better pass pro, shorter pass routes, or a combination of both.
                        This. TT said the team would look at what happened to the middle of our offensive line from week 13 on when other teams really started generating a lot more pressure up the middle than earlier in the season.

Comment

• CTrout
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Makes you wonder why Rivers deal hasn't been done yet.
                          Either way giving up a late 2nd this year for a top 10 QB last year seems like a no brainer.

Even if Rosen has to take over next year...this is a loaded roster already AND would be sitting on 100 million in cap space.

Comment

Working...
                          X