• Show
Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Brock Bowers N.M.W.
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

I think the DTs get picked over pretty good...at least those we like...and I have a hunch, regardless of my own desires, or those of many fans on this forum, that the Bolts have no big plans to address oline...lot of young guys in that group, I think they are gonna get another year of evaluation before they figure out where it needs to be addressed

I see it being a skill position...most likely CB or Safety...lot of talent there, I think it will be the best value/BPA...and we can not only use a single high, but any team can always use a gifted cornerback.

For my money, I like Abram(who can cover, and does have range to play FS) Thornhill, CGJ...and then you also have to consider what to do if Byron Murphy slips down there, or if you think Rock Ya-Sin's meteoric rise is justified...

Again, my gut tells me DB, with a ton of scenarios where a high value is there for us at 28.
    The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      I have a feeling that the pick WILL be Cody Ford.
      I wouldn't hate it either.
      I didn't include Ford, because I think he'll be gone by #28...but then, stranger things have happened...

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
        My cluster, as GM, would be Simmons, Wilkins, Risner, & Thornhill.
        I have the first 3 as ELITE prospects and Thornhill just off Risner.
        So I would be stoked with any but Simmons is my top rated prospect by a decent margin and that would be my choice.
        Not a bad clusta, there, Ninja...

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
          I think the DTs get picked over pretty good...at least those we like...and I have a hunch, regardless of my own desires, or those of many fans on this forum, that the Bolts have no big plans to address oline...lot of young guys in that group, I think they are gonna get another year of evaluation before they figure out where it needs to be addressed

I see it being a skill position...most likely CB or Safety...lot of talent there, I think it will be the best value/BPA...and we can not only use a single high, but any team can always use a gifted cornerback.

For my money, I like Abram(who can cover, and does have range to play FS) Thornhill, CGJ...and then you also have to consider what to do if Byron Murphy slips down there, or if you think Rock Ya-Sin's meteoric rise is justified...

Again, my gut tells me DB, with a ton of scenarios where a high value is there for us at 28.
          CB could be the pick for sure. I think we will be more interested in the prospects with more size and length. Layne, I. Johnson, Greedy, L. Johnson, Dean, Mullen.

Thornhill, CGJ, Adderley all have CB cover skills and safety range.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

1. Trade up for Wilkins.
            2. Rock Ya-Sin @ #28.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

1. Trade up for Wilkins.
              2. Rock Ya-Sin @ #28.
              Farmer doesn't think we'd have to trade up for Wilkins

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Farmer doesn't think we'd have to trade up for Wilkins
                Farmer comes highly recommended.

I will listen to Sam.

Trading up sucks,
                but I REALLY want
                a high impact 3TECH,
                to team with Justin Jones,
                and replace Philon/Liuget.

#1 PON IMV.

Comment

• pigskin
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Southern Oregon
                  • Send PM

I have to agree with you Lonebolt. I'm thinking top DT and OT get nabbed before our pick. Risner or Ford may be there, along with one of the top CB's Greedy or Murphy. I would be happy with either of the OT's but CB may be the best value at this point.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

D. Lawrence (DT) and T. Howard (OT) in 2nd or
                    C. Ford (OT) and R. Wren (DT) in 2nd.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by pigskin View Post

I have to agree with you Lonebolt. I'm thinking top DT and OT get nabbed before our pick. Risner or Ford may be there, along with one of the top CB's Greedy or Murphy. I would be happy with either of the OT's but CB may be the best value at this point.
                      Look carefully at our depth chart.
                      What do we really need ?
                      Surprisingly CB is at or near the top.

Des King.
                      Casey Hayward.
                      Then who ?

Michael Davis.
                      Trevor Williams.

A talented starting CB
                      would have a lot of value
                      at this position of high impact.

So yes, agreed !
                      Last edited by wu-dai clan; 04-07-2019, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

At the time of this post, I'm seeing Wilkins at 33%. Is this poll about who we think the Chargers will pick...or who we would pick if we could rub a little lamp, and wish our favorite of that bunch to slide into the 28 spot?

Yea...Wilkins was in my original mock...but I have come to grips with the fact that he will almost certainly be gone. I didn't count on James last year...and when a miracle happened, it was all the sweeter. In the meantime, I'm going back to reality this year. Especially with Simmons tearing that ACL, Wilkins is gone.

Another interesting thing...again, at the time of this post, Dex was getting 20% of the vote. Does anybody really think the Bolts are gonna spend the 28th pick on him...or are people just voting for what they would secretly like us to do? I haven't seen any indication that this staff covets that type of player...I do, personally...but the team seems to prefer the more athletic NTs, vs massive walls like Lawrence.
                        The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                          My cluster, as GM, would be Simmons, Wilkins, Risner, & Thornhill.
                          I have the first 3 as ELITE prospects and Thornhill just off Risner.
                          So I would be stoked with any but Simmons is my top rated prospect by a decent margin and that would be my choice.
                          I agree with you Ninja, i'd take Simmons. Telesco won't - so that is the quandary.

I think Telesco waits to draft his free safety in the 2nd round: lots to choose from.

Comment

Working...
                          X