• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boltfanseattle
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Position strength in the draft doesn't get discussed enough.

Safeties aren't as strong this year as DT or OT.

DT's and LBers are strong in this draft. So they may opt to wait until round 2 or 3.

I don't see a big CB push, since they already have a decent core group (T.will, Mdavis, D king, Cheyward)

My pick: #28 goes to FS Nasir Adderley, and if he's not there, maybe one of the OT's. But my money is on them praying for Adderley to fall. He's from a small school, so he's supposed to be under the radar. Since he killed it at the senior bowl though, he's no longer a secret unfortunately.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by boltfanseattle View Post

DT's and LBers are strong in this draft. So they may opt to wait until round 2 or 3.

I don't see a big CB push, since they already have a decent core group (T.will, Mdavis, D king, Cheyward)

My pick: #28 goes to FS Nasir Adderley, and if he's not there, maybe one of the OT's. But my money is on them praying for Adderley to fall. He's from a small school, so he's supposed to be under the radar. Since he killed it at the senior bowl though, he's no longer a secret unfortunately.
      I think this safety class is as strong if not stronger than LB. After the second round and especially the third, LB has a falloff where as in the 4th you can still get a pretty decent safety with starting caliber.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-08-2019, 02:14 PM.
      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• boltfanseattle
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I think is the safety class is as strong if not stronger than LB. After the second round and especially the third, LB has a falloff where as in the 4th you can still get a pretty decent safety with starting caliber.
        Good points. My only contention with LB is that we were hurt by injuries last year(whereas FS is an unknown even for the crew coming back from injury). With Kyzir and Perryman back, and Davis as insurance, I get the feeling Tommy doesn't feel he needs a 1st round LB anymore. If we didn't sign perryman though, I would think for sure LB in round 1.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Yeah, with the Davis signing guessing LB comes round 2-3, unless one of the top 2 drop inexplicably.

Comment

• Xenos
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

We need a true FS in the draft so I will guess Adderly. Even though I wouldn't an OL like Risner for Rivers' sake.

Comment

• Screeme
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Personally I'd *Like* a DT or OT. Based on who we have on the team right now, we have to leave this draft with good prospects at both spots.

However. .

It is highly unlikely that we hit the Jackpot again and Wilkins or Oliver fall to us. I don't think what is left as "first round" DT's is super appealing

Risner is the most likely OT to be there, and I have read he'll have to kick into G in the NFL. I don't know, something just screams Fluker 2.0.

So, most likely the best value, highest rated of what's left, combined with best fit for the team.. is probably a DB.

So, I'll say Adderly, because he seems to be popular around here . But, really I can get behind whoever the coaches think fit what they want to do . This staff, especially on defense, seems to have a specific idea of what they're trying to accomplish, and the players they need

Comment

• boltfanseattle
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Not that this is gospel, but Daniel Jeremiah's Top 50 prospects 4.0. Some of those OT's and DT's will fall to the 2nd round.

Offensive Tackles
                Dillard
                Taylor
                Ford
                Risner
                Mcgary
                Howard

Safeties
                Abram (SS)
                Adderley (FS)
                Rapp

Defensive Tackles
                Williams
                Oliver
                Wilkins
                Simmons
                Lawrence
                Tillery

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Not that this is gospel, but Daniel Jeremiah's Top 50 prospects 4.0. Some of those OT's and DT's will fall to the 2nd round.

Offensive Tackles
                  Dillard
                  Taylor
                  Ford
                  Risner
                  Mcgary

Howard

Safeties
                  Abram (SS)
                  Adderley (FS)
                  Rapp

Defensive Tackles
                  Williams
                  Oliver
                  Wilkins
                  Simmons
                  Lawrence

Tillery
                  would also add Erik McCoy @the OC

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

I don't think you could call our CB's exactly decent. King is solid. Hayward in 2016-17 had great seasons. Last year, his production fell off a LOT. He got burned a LOT. Personally, I think he's lost a step. Trevor Williams missed a lot of games last year due to injury, and his production was also down from his very good 2017 season. Michael Davis shows promise, seems to be improving after getting burned frequently earlier in his career, but he's still a bit inconsistent. Though CB is not our top PON, it is still an area that needs upgrading.
                    Last edited by Topcat; 04-09-2019, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Offensive Tackles
                      Dillard
                      Taylor
                      Ford
                      Risner
                      Mcgary
                      Howard

Safeties
                      Abram (SS)
                      Adderley (FS)
                      Rapp

Defensive Tackles
                      Williams
                      Oliver
                      Wilkins
                      Simmons
                      Lawrence
                      Tillery
                      Thing is we pick 60th in the second lol. May not be there for us. Those OTs there, maybe only Howard is there.
                      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Screeme View Post
                        Personally I'd *Like* a DT or OT. Based on who we have on the team right now, we have to leave this draft with good prospects at both spots.

However. .

It is highly unlikely that we hit the Jackpot again and Wilkins or Oliver fall to us. I don't think what is left as "first round" DT's is super appealing

Risner is the most likely OT to be there, and I have read he'll have to kick into G in the NFL. I don't know, something just screams Fluker 2.0.

So, most likely the best value, highest rated of what's left, combined with best fit for the team.. is probably a DB.

So, I'll say Adderly, because he seems to be popular around here . But, really I can get behind whoever the coaches think fit what they want to do . This staff, especially on defense, seems to have a specific idea of what they're trying to accomplish, and the players they need
                        Risner has gotten high marks from a lot of draftniks, but then Jeremiah only rated him the #40 top player. So, is he the real deal, or are there question marks. Look what Jeremiah said in his top 50 review:

Dalton Risner, OT, School: Kansas State | Year: Senior (RS)
                        Risner lined up at right tackle for the Wildcats and possesses a good combination of power, balance and instincts. In the passing game, he is quick to shoot his hands and he squats on power rushers. He will click his heels together at times, but he hasn't paid for it against these opponents. He should be able to correct that at the NFL level. He is very aware versus blitzes and stunts in the run game, using his upper-body strength to torque and turn defenders. He's also shown the ability to reach and seal from the back side. He will struggle to adjust in space at the second level. Overall, Risner has the tools to become a quality starting right tackle, and he adds value because of his experience at the center position during his redshirt freshman campaign.
                        http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...9-nfl-draft-40

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

I like Adderley. It's just that he got hurt TWICE--once at the combine and again around his pro day...don't need another Verrett mini-me...

Comment

Working...
                          X