• Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Stained glass from the 1300s.

Joan of Arc 1400's...beatified in 1909.

Napoleon Bonaparte preserved it, following the French Revolution.

The flying buttresses.

On and on.

My brother was an epic pipe organist...I can only imagine what the acoustics were like in there.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

From the ashes a phoenix shall arise.

There is a forest of special oak trees at Versailles.

It has been long been there for the express purpose of providing wood for the potentially needed restoration of Notre Dame.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

The three Rose Windows have survived.

Comment

• Xenos
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          The three Rose Windows have survived.
          And so has the crown of thorns. Not sure about the nail or cross.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
            Is on fire. And there is a good chance it could be lost as they are struggling to put out the flames. I had the pleasure of staying in Paris for quite a while in the summer between my junior and senior years of HS. My father had just died. My brother had just come out and announced he had AIDs. My mom and stepfather took me to Europe to just decompress.The people of Paris really hit me. Hit me with love. With compassion. I was depressed and dark. I needed something on a spiritual level. We were part of a tiny little group of people that traveled together with a friend of my Mothers. He was a Pastor. Pastor Jim. Anyways he really took me under his wing during out tour of the Notre Dame. He taught me the history. I think it was was my first real experience from a spiritual perspective. The first time i felt any sort of connection to something bigger than myself.

There was something powerful in that Cathedral. The beauty of it. The energy. It was so positive to me. The Notre Dame was where i felt any sense of peace after losing my dad and knowing my brother would die soon.

So im starting this thread to share about my experience there because i think its a really important historical landmark. And it deserves to be talked about. Not just because of my experience but because our very own Rolling Thunder lives there. And must be feeling some sort of pain as a result of this. He is our gracious host and has provided us with free rent for years now.

My heart goes out to France...and to you RT. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
            This is a beautiful and sad story. I share your feelings about Notre Dame. One of my two or three favorite buildings in the world. So much history and mystery. The true heart of Paris and maybe France. Glad to see that it has mostly been saved. Sorry about your dad and brother

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

This is a beautiful and sad story. I share your feelings about Notre Dame. One of my two or three favorite buildings in the world. So much history and mystery. The true heart of Paris and maybe France. Glad to see that it has mostly been saved. Sorry about your dad and brother
              I appreciate that man. I hope to get back there one day.

Comment

Working...
              X