• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Rivers Talk

The Russell Wilson contract is a stunner. Rivers has a year left on his deal. How does the RW deal impact an extension for Rivers? How should it? With Tyrod getting $5.5m/year how much of the cap will the Chargers spend on the QB position?

Chop it up kids./
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

I was thinking about this earlier. And i guess i sort of expect him not come in that high with his demands. It will make it really hard to add to the roster and get him a ring. He really does seem like the type of guy that will take less to give him a better chance to win. Especially at the end of his career.

But im often wrong. If his demands are that high im not sure we re-sign him. It was the 1st time he didnt show up for the off season work outs. Its his last year. Maybe they are battling behind the scenes over a new contract. Id like him to take a 2 year 40M contract.

Its a business though. And while he and his family is set for generations to come...he does have 57 kids. And probably wants to leave at least 5M to each of them. So he may want bank.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      I was thinking about this earlier. And i guess i sort of expect him not come in that high with his demands. It will make it really hard to add to the roster and get him a ring. He really does seem like the type of guy that will take less to give him a better chance to win. Especially at the end of his career.

But im often wrong. If his demands are that high im not sure we re-sign him. It was the 1st time he didnt show up for the off season work outs. Its his last year. Maybe they are battling behind the scenes over a new contract. Id like him to take a 2 year 40M contract.

Its a business though. And while he and his family is set for generations to come...he does have 57 kids. And probably wants to leave at least 5M to each of them. So he may want bank.
      Is this his last year or is he signed for one more?

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

I see. He's only signed through this season. Wonder f he's disappointed in talks. First time he no shows. Russell got paid. Tyrod signed.

Comment

• Xenos
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

I think things will be fine. He is only missing this year because of Easter.

Slightly off topic, but I found this chart from last year that compares how QBs do when there is a clean pocket versus when there is pressure (based solely on passer rating). Rivers is a pretty good QB.

Dw-1z8SWkAAJrUp.jpg:large.jpg

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
            I think things will be fine. He is only missing this year because of Easter.

Slightly off topic, but I found this chart from last year that compares how QBs do when there is a clean pocket versus when there is pressure (based solely on passer rating). Rivers is a pretty good QB.

Dw-1z8SWkAAJrUp.jpg:large.jpg
            I guess we really don't need to invest in OL.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Ive said all along, Rivers isnt retiring anytime soon. The money is just too good. And Rivers will get a market deal. So forget about wasting a draft pick on a qb.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Xenos
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I guess we really don't need to invest in OL.
                More like incremental improvements. Rather than vast improvements. We're not talking about Jared Goff here lol.

But all joking aside, Rivers is slow but he's a master in the pocket and avoids more pressure than we know.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

guessin' a new contract is for two years/$50m, and w/perhaps all of it guaranteed ??
                  RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                    guessin' a new contract is for two years/$50m, and w/perhaps all of it guaranteed ??
                    PR is getting old. Not sure that much money is warranted. Also not sure that he's Lynn's type of qb.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

With his two contracts, Rivers has made just over $202 million so far with another $16 million this year - he hardly needs the money. I'm sure he wants to be paid fairly. But with a shot at a ring, would he play for less so the team can sign other players? It will be interesting to see what he wants and for how long.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

PR is getting old. Not sure that much money is warranted. Also not sure that he's Lynn's type of qb.
                        You think he is going to except a below market value contract, even though plenty of QB play at a very high level at his age?

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍