• Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Draft Day 1 Thread

ARE WE READY?
    HAVE YOUR FIRST ROUND CLUSTERS?
    WHAT 1ST ROUND SURPRISES AWAIT?

DRAFT DAY PICKEM GAMES AWAIT! EVERYONE GET INVOLVED!!!! MORE FUN THAT WAY!

DRAFTSIGN2.pngDRAFTSIGN3.jpg
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed
  • La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

Even though my biz trip to Nashville got cancelled for this week, I am SO psyched for Thursday. 48+ hours and all of the guessing ends (and the second guessing begins!!!) I took Friday off so I can stay up late and then geek out on Friday and Saturday.

Bring it!!!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Brock Bowers N.M.W.
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
      Even though my biz trip to Nashville got cancelled for this week, I am SO psyched for Thursday. 48+ hours and all of the guessing ends (and the second guessing begins!!!) I took Friday off so I can stay up late and then geek out on Friday and Saturday.

Bring it!!!
      Me too, bro!! LOL...just hope we don't trade away our second and third to move up in the first, or for Rosen, or whatever...cuz then I'll have no reason to stay home, and have to drag myself into work!!
      The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

The anticipation though...
        Exciting times !!
        Thanks for getting us started, ninja.
        Serious draft chops right there, folks.
        How about NYG trades up to @#28, ahead of NE, for Will Grier ?
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Brock Bowers N.M.W.
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Bold prediction...the Bolts will be directly involved with the drafting of a QB...either by drafting one themselves at 28, or accepting a trade from a team moving up from the early second.

Where do I get this? Word on the street, watching television commentary, is that some teams like the Giants and Denver and Cincy are passing on QB in the first this year...and that many of the top prospects are likely to slide into the latter first round.

If we know behind the scenes that Rivers is on a 2 or 3 year timeline...or if TT feels it important enough to hedge our bet on Rivers...we could very well select a QB. We did work out quite a few this year...

Or, and more likely, we could take advantage of a bidding war between the Giants and Patriots, or figure any other team early second who passed on QB in the first...Jags, Miami, Cincy...

I hope that if 3 of the top 5 QB prospects make it past the Giants second pick, we find a way to exploit that, one way or the other...
          The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

I think the Raiders are taking Josh Jacobs @ #4.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
              Exciting times !!
              A run on QB's before #28 is our best friend to push down all the DT's, OT's and safeties...and by the way, the CHEATRIOTS are also interested in Grier:

The NFL Draft is just a few days away, and no one really knows what the New England Patriots will do with their 12 selections. But it's a safe bet that at some point, they'll draft a quarterback. 

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                Exciting times !!
                I'd take that extra pick. Would mean their top clusters are gone but the extra pick is nice and good players left.
                i actually like Grier, but in the first? As long as it isn't US doing it lol. They can probably get him with their second but.. ..panick is what it is with QBs
                11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                140 Hunter Nourzad OC - Penn st
                181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I'd take that extra pick. Would mean their top clusters are gone but the extra pick is nice and good players left.
                  i actually like Grier, but in the first? As long as it isn't US doing it lol. They can probably get him with their second but.. ..panick is what it is with QBs
                  That's the beauty of the draft...the unexpected.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

this is my mock from another thread as to my best guess as to what the Chargers might do w/their seven picks:

1) DB Chauncey Gardner Johnson
                    2) LB Mack Wilson
                    3) OL David Edwards
                    4) WR Terry McLaurin
                    5) NT Greg Gaines
                    6) QB Tyree Jackson
                    7) LB Sione Takitaki
                    RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

tim and eric omg GIF

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

looking over things am thinking that OL/DB represents the best value/sweet spot @28.

AJ Brown would be a surprise consideration there, and someone like Kaleb McGary a surprise of sorts, but perhaps a good one ??

and have been off and on someone like Amani Oruwariye, wondering if he could play single high, or wondering if the Chargers aren't thinking of getting one of the combo FS/CBs instead ??

and do they lean DB in consideration of what AL said regarding their OTs.... that they're set there ??

think they're gonna double dip @LB as Telesco stated that position was a priority and they need to replace both Emanuel and Pullard there.

for myself there is the Dex question, as based on Telesco's history, and despite the notion that Vita Vea was in our round one cluster last year, will be surprised if Lawrence becomes a Charger, and.... think personally I might prefer Danny Shelton via FA.

there is also the consideration of Dre'Mont Jones who might be available @60 and fulfills our purported need of a disruptive 3T.

also consider Jachai Polite to be the Justin Houston of this draft, and wondering if he's there @60 would team Tommy John consider such a thing ??

and then the wild card for me is Khalen Saunders, as do you nab him @60, which is a reach compared to some pundits evals, and how big is the need w/both Mebane and Jones in tow already ??

and what about Isaiah Johnson, who is a big CB w/length, who seems to fit the Gus scheme of things, but like a lotta prospects, his evals vary widely at times.

would also think that Te'Von Coney might be a consideration, but don't know where he comes off the board, as doesn't sound like he considers himself backup material ??

and don't see anyone I'd be too keen on trading up for, albeit would love to trade down w/NY to 37 for their fourth, fifth and sixth rounders.

ps. and of course, see good to great value @QB w/Rypien, Finley and Stidham.
                        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

Working...
                        X