• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SYB
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Who was the last Chargers QB with any mobility... Doug Flutie ?
    Yep. It seems that Lynn prefers those types though, judging by the Cardale, Geno and now Tyrod signings. Which I'm not a fan of being that we have Rivers and if he were to ever go down, they'd have to totally change the offense. But then again, we're fucked if he goes down for more than a couple of games anyhow.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
      Stay with the nature theme.......

Leaf, Brees, Rivers and Stick!
      This is going over nicely on twitter. lol Thanks.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

From CBS
        Easton Stick QB, NDST

Height: 6-1, Weight: 224

Stick is my favorite small-school quarterback in this class. He zips through his reads, throws with good accuracy -- especially down the field -- and is an elusive scrambler. Worthwhile signal-caller to sit and learn behind Philip Rivers. B+

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Adderley of Delaware.
          Pipkens of Sioux Falls.
          Stick of North Dakota State.

Throw in a couple of Golden Domers.

What a draft.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

Had the 8th quickest shuttle and the 3rd quickest 3 cone at the combine. Dude's an athlete.
            Aztecs had a qb who moved to safety. He turned out to be a pretty good safety for the Vikings.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

New Chargers QB Easton Stick called into Chargers.com shortly after being taken with the 166th overall pick in the fifth round for his first ever interview as a Charger.

Question: Welcome to the NFL and the Chargers, Easton!

Stick: Thanks! This is pretty special. I'm just really, really thankful for the opportunity that the Chargers are giving me. I can't thank them enough. I'm just really excited to get to work.

Question: How much contact did you have with us leading up to the draft?

Stick: I took a top 30 visit there a few weeks ago and got to meet (Quarterbacks) Coach (Shane) Steichen and (Offensive Coordinator) Ken Whisenhunt, and the people around the office. I really loved my time out there. It's just an unbelievable opportunity.

Question: For those who maybe didn't get a chance to catch many North Dakota State games, what kind of quarterback is Easton Stick?

Stick: Just coming from North Dakota State, we come from a pro-style system. You're asked to do a little bit of everything. I've played under center. I played under the gun. I have the ability to throw in the pocket but also extend plays and play outside structure, run around and make plays that way. I did a little bit of everything. I'm really looking forward to (getting) out there and learn from some really good people in that organization.

Question: One of those guys is Philip Rivers. Not every guy gets the chance to learn from a future Hall of Famer. How special is that?
              Stick: Yeah, that really is unbelievable. That's a dream come true, honestly. He's one of the best to ever do it. Just to have the opportunity to be around him every day, it's something I don't think you can put into words how important that is to get a chance to learn from him. I watched him a lot growing up. My younger brother has been a Chargers fan his whole life. So if they were on TV, we were watching it. He's one of the best to ever do it. I'm really looking forward to being around him.

Question: You carved teams up on the ground. You had 17 rushing touchdowns and ran for 677 yards a year ago. How much is that an important part to your game and to your success on the field?

Stick: It's definitely a part of my game, just being a good athlete and running around. Seeing what opportunities are there and making plays. That is something we obviously stressed, hopefully it's something I can keep doing.

Question: This game is all about results, and you went 49-3 during your time at North Dakota State. How much is that a badge of honor?

Stick: I'm really proud of that. Really thankful. I came from an unbelievable program at North Dakota State, and there's an unbelievable tradition of excellence. The standard there is really high. It was an unbelievable opportunity to play there and get a chance to play with those guys. I feel really blessed to be a part of that group.

Question: Part of that standard is the quarterback position. Obviously, you replaced Carson Wentz, who went second overall in the draft and has had a lot of success in the NFL. Does that speak to the pro-style system they run at North Dakota State like you mentioned, which prepares you for the NFL?

Stick: I think what he did opened some eyes to what we were doing when Carson went that high. The success he had backs that up. I think we play really good football, and do some really cool things offensively, so I think it's neat people recognize that.

Question: Finally, any last thoughts now that you're a Charger?

Stick: Just that I'm really, really thankful for the opportunity. You're going to get my best every single day, and I'm going to work my tail off to hopefully make Chargers nation really, really proud.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

dave krieg?

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                  dave krieg?
                  Does that mean North Dakota State will go under once Stick establishes himself in the NFL?

Comment

• Big Dog
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                    Adderley of Delaware.
                    Pipkens of Sioux Falls.
                    Stick of North Dakota State.

Throw in a couple of Golden Domers.

What a draft.
                    Bobby Bethard's legacy lives on ...

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

"And in Round 5 of the NFL Draft, the L.A. Chargers select...

Comment

• Tol
                        From Accounting
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Carlsbad
                        • Send PM

I'm kind of okay with this pick. He checks all the boxes for Bill Parcell's rules for drafting a QB:

3 years as starter? Yes '16, '17, & '18
                        Is he a senior? Yes
                        Did he graduate? Yes Graduated Summa Cum Laude in 3 1/2 years
                        Did he start 30 games? Yes 52
                        Did he win 23 games? Yes 49-3
                        TD:INT ratio at least 2:1? Yes - 88:28
                        Completion percentage over 60%? Yes, 61.0 percent

Year - Record
                        ------------------------------------------------
                        18 - 15-0 28 Passing TD's / 17 Rush TD's
                        17 - 14-1 28 Passing TD's / 12 Rush TD's
                        16 - 12-2 19 Passing TD's / 7 Rush TD's
                        15 - 8-0

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Does that mean North Dakota State will go under once Stick establishes himself in the NFL?
                          fouts fans hate dave krieg even to this day!

Comment

Working...
                          X