• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

very little film on Stick. With what i saw, He reminded me a bit of dave krieg. He was all right: nice footwork and gets rid of the ball quickly. I didn't see a ton of pressure on him, so i can't really say much. He'll be better than the Mike McCoy 5th rounder from a few years ago.

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

fouts fans hate dave krieg even to this day!
      Don't hate me because I love history. History says Dave Krieg went to Milton College.

Milton College was a private college located in Milton, Wisconsin. Founded in 1844 as the Milton Academy, it closed in 1982. Its campus is now part of the Milton Historic District.

Comment

• maurile
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

This pick had to be made. You simply do not pass on a future Hall of Fame quarterback in the fifth round. Passing on Stick in the fifth would have been at least as bad as passing on Tom Brady in the sixth back in 2000.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by maurile View Post
          This pick had to be made. You simply do not pass on a future Hall of Fame quarterback in the fifth round. Passing on Stick in the fifth would have been at least as bad as passing on Tom Brady in the sixth back in 2000.
          Funny you mention that, Maurile--same thought went through my mind...in the war room, they obviously had Stick very highly rated, and I remember reading that June Jones begged Bobby Beathard to draft some unknown QB named Tom Brady in round 6, and he didn't...

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Funny you mention that, Maurile--same thought went through my mind...in the war room, they obviously had Stick very highly rated, and I remember reading that June Jones begged Bobby Beathard to draft some unknown QB named Tom Brady in round 6, and he didn't...
            I thought it was Mike Riley

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

I actually predicted this pick prior to us taking him. I think they met with Stick 3 times during the draft process. Something was definitely there. They really liked this kid.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

This is the only pick i thought stunk. He has a chance to be our backup in three years. Maybe, but during that time we will be drafting other QBs so doubt he amounts to anything. 5th round we could of got a Edge rusher De'Andre Walker, CB Corey Ballentine, RB Dex Williams, CB Tim Harris, or OT Isaiah Prince

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

I thought it was Mike Riley
                  You must be right, Bolto...Beathard traded for a no-name LB in round 6...a few picks later, it was Brady...wow...

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    I actually predicted this pick prior to us taking him. I think they met with Stick 3 times during the draft process. Something was definitely there. They really liked this kid.
                    Well, if they like him that much, they better carry 3 QB's, because if he's halfway good, some QB-hungry team looking for a decent backup could well poach him from the PS...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Well, if they like him that much, they better carry 3 QB's, because if he's halfway good, some QB-hungry team looking for a decent backup could well poach him from the PS...
                      They liked the QB they got late in McCoys era too. Forget his name....Sorenson?....... but he was No Bueno

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

They liked the QB they got late in McCoys era too. Forget his name....Sorenson?....... but he was No Bueno
                        Sorenson reminded McCoy of himself. Really didn't show that much.

Comment

• SYB
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Let's wait and see how they use the kid before we pass too much judgement. If he can fill a role similar to how NO is using Taysom Hill on O and ST's, I'd say he's worth a 5th round pick. We shall see...

Comment

Working...
                          X