• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolts223
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

I think 8 is pretty fair. Our O-line is really bad, arguably bottom 5-10 in the league. We are top 10 or better at every other part of the offense though.

Comment

• EnglishBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • UK
      • Send PM

Without looking at the teams above us, this seems pretty fair to me.

We have:
      • A future hall of fame QB
      • A great receiving core and TE
      • A fantastic set of running backs.
      It's just the OL that lets us down really, but hopefully, Feeney can improve, and Lamp fulfils his potential. Pipkins is intriguing to see what he can contribute.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Beach don't be misinformed by college/combine weights.
        Kyzir played last season about 230. Look for him to be about 235 this season. Kyzir is an Impact hitter not just a tackler. I know most expect Davis to start but if Kyzir is healthy, he is the starter.
        Hell even Brown was up to about 230 last season. Bosa played DE at 260.
        SupaMel is not in the realm of a possibility as our starting MIKE.
        Lets never confuse weight with power.
        will believe it when I see it w/Kyzir (235) and Brown (230).... took the weights off the Chargers roster listing btw, and....

Ingram is just a what if/suggestion if we have the rash of injuries like we had last year, or @least w/Denzel being out for the season again, and....

will take your word for it w/Bosa, albeit did think he played heavier than that ?? (the Chargers have him listed @280 ?)

thanks for the info.... appreciate the chex and balances there.
        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts223 View Post
          I think 8 is pretty fair. Our O-line is really bad, arguably bottom 5-10 in the league. We are top 10 or better at every other part of the offense though.
          That opinion is unsupported by sack count. LAC gave up 11th fewest sacks. Just shy of a top 10 OL.
          Okung and Pouncey are Pro Bowl talents. Schofield started on a SB winning OL.
          Feeney in a soph slump; Tevi the backup RT in his 1st starts had a rough 2018 but they were not really bad as a group. The offense was 6th ranked, we won 13, lost 5 with that OL starting and it wasn't all defense. I completely agree that we need better play at LG & RT, although that does not necessarily mean replacing them.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
            That opinion is unsupported by sack count. LAC gave up 11th fewest sacks. Just shy of a top 10 OL.
            Okung and Pouncey are Pro Bowl talents. Schofield started on a SB winning OL.
            Feeney in a soph slump; Tevi the backup RT in his 1st starts had a rough 2018 but they were not really bad as a group. The offense was 6th ranked, we won 13, lost 5 with that OL starting and it wasn't all defense. I completely agree that we need better play at LG & RT, although that does not necessarily mean replacing them.
            Good recap.
            I know Feeney had struggles in passpro but everything is not solely on his plate. Communication on many stunts were poor if at all. Does that all fall on the 2nd year guard between two PBers?
            I certainly see no reason why both Feeney, the communication, and the entire line play won't improve with another year under their belt. Throw in a healthy Lamp competing for a starting job from the jump. I like our chances to be vastly improved.

Who thinks a very athletic 23yo, 6'6", 310#er can drop 15# of fat while adding 20#-25# of muscle over 5-6 months?
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
              what about OC? I think whiz is just a little above middle of the road, but not top 5 offensive mind.
              I'm not sure I need a top offensive mind as much as I need an OC that gets his players to play mistake free ball on every play. Just do your job and don't screw up the play for everyone.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Good posts by ninja, F21.
                Lockstep.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

None of these predictions means anything. If they predicted we will be in the next SB , it surely doesnt mean it will happen. Id like it to but these predictions are really meaningless at this stage of the game. Cant get bent over someone predicting we will have the 8th best offense at a time when TC hasnt even started and the roster isnt even set.
                  11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                  35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                  37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                  66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                  69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                  100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                  110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                  140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                  181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                  225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Xenos
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

We had one of the most explosive offense last year. Whiz is a decent OC, even though he definitely has his weaknesses. If we can have the OL play consistently good for more than 16 games, we could definitely be top 5.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                      None of these predictions means anything. If they predicted we will be in the next SB , it surely doesnt mean it will happen. Id like it to but these predictions are really meaningless at this stage of the game. Cant get bent over someone predicting we will have the 8th best offense at a time when TC hasnt even started and the roster isnt even set.
                      True. We WERE a playoff team. In 2019 nunc copei or whatever. They probabilities of improving on last year are real in the imaginations of many but have yet to be put to the test. PS game 3 v Sea on Aug 24 will be a somewhar realistic snapshot, during the 1st half, of what the 2019 Chargers may show over the season. Meanwhile we are completely free to imagine good or bad regards players, units, coaches, the LAC, etc to our heart's content.

Comment

• chargers1316
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

I think it is realistic that they could have a top 3 offense in the AFC this season and top five in the NFL.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

CLE at 7th is very questionable, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                          X