• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Den60
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
    Steelers at San Diego, anyone guess witch Steeler at SD game Im talking about???
    Yeah. We won 35-7 in 1979. I missed the game because my team ran (and won) the state meet the day before. Didn't get back until the morning of the game so I gave my ticket away. When Woody Lowe made that INT I could turn my TV off and hear the crowd at the stadium.

Comment

• MiddleMan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Best game for me was in '07 against the Colts at home. We played an ugly game but it was still exhilarating to say the least. Manning was picked off 6 times, 3 or 4 of them by Cromartie (that game made him a star), and it still came down to a Vinatieri missed field goal. The fans were loud, the rain was coming down hard (which made it that much more intense), and when Vinatieri missed.......woah....

Second favorite game I've been to was nothing amazing but it was against the Giants at home and the whole stadium very loudly was chanting "ELI SUCKS!" pretty much the entire game...aaand we whooped their ass as well. Twas a great feeling. Also there was an ELI blowup doll being tossed around and punched. Awesome.
      This guy.......has a man-crush for Ken Whisenhunt.

Comment

• Beerman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Eastlake
        • Send PM

1992 season, playoff win vs. KC. We crushed em 17-0. Place was electric. I remember the D being dominant.

Comment

• MiddleMan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Buck View Post
          I think the most satisfying game I've ever been to was Broncos @ Chargers 2008 Week 17. Winner takes the division. We were screwed week 2 by Hochuli in Denver and we came out and pounded Cutler and friends 52-21.

Another Satisfying one was when we beat Eli at home in 2005.
          Went to both of those! The Broncos @ Chargers one in '08 was awesome. Was a story book ending to the season. SNF, nationality televised, Rivers vs Cutler, winner takes all, and the Hochuli story as well. If I recall correctly, we needed a couple of things to happen (a couple teams to win and lose) in order for that game to be of any significance. I also remember going on the Broncos' message boards the week of and all the Donk fans were panicking and knew we were gonna kick their asses.

And the Giants game in '05, as I stated above was also one of my favorites.
          This guy.......has a man-crush for Ken Whisenhunt.

Comment

• KYBoltsFan
            THERE'S A GLEAM, MEN
            Generous Donor
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

The best Chargers game from a football standpoint I've attended was @IND '95. We had just gotten hot and were playing for our playoff lives late in the season. Harbaugh was their QB and Faulk was still there. It was an exciting back-and-forth game and the RCA dome was extremely loud. Unfortunately they came out to SD a few weeks later and beat us in the Wildcard round.

Another good game (w/admittedly bad teams) was vs BUF in '01. lightnin' and I flew back out after having been there for the home opener the weekend of Sept 11th (a win vs Marty's Skins) - super cheap rate on SW thanks to the attacks. Anyway, another back and forth game featuring an Ed Ellis blocked FG.

The win @TEN on Xmas '09 was pretty satisfying because their fans were bein real assholes.
            NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Comment

• MakoShark
              Disgruntled
              • Jun 2013
              • North Alabama
              • Send PM

Originally posted by KYBoltsFan View Post
              The best Chargers game from a football standpoint I've attended was @IND '95. We had just gotten hot and were playing for our playoff lives late in the season. Harbaugh was their QB and Faulk was still there. It was an exciting back-and-forth game and the RCA dome was extremely loud. Unfortunately they came out to SD a few weeks later and beat us in the Wildcard round.

Another good game (w/admittedly bad teams) was vs BUF in '01. lightnin' and I flew back out after having been there for the home opener the weekend of Sept 11th (a win vs Marty's Skins) - super cheap rate on SW thanks to the attacks. Anyway, another back and forth game featuring an Ed Ellis blocked FG.

The win @TEN on Xmas '09 was pretty satisfying because their fans were bein real assholes.
              My daughter and I caught some flack at that one too. I thought it was funny when they lost the challenge on the Gates TD in the 3rd quarter. That was the final nail in their coffin and they started to head for the parking lot. I was standing up yelling "Where ya'll going? Its not over yet!" :rofl:
              sigpic

Comment

• Geezbolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Sun Valley, ID
                • Send PM

Of course, the 1963 AFL Championship game! It was a blowout, but very satisfying. The AFC title game in Pittsburgh is right up there as is the all-time classic in Miami. There is one other I remember well. It was a win against Denver in October of 1978. I went to it with my dad about a week before I moved from San Diego to Idaho. I remember all of the Denver fans who had come to "The Murph" to see their Broncos and the Chargers. They were all dressed in their "Orange Crush" outfits with those goofy knit hats. It was hilarious watching them walk out of the stadium with their heads down. I remember wondering if they were more upset about the loss or if they just realized how stupid they looked in those clothes.
                Last edited by Geezbolt; 06-20-2013, 05:24 AM.

Comment

• shogun
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

2009 playoff game, Sproles OT TD. Twas euphoric to say the least.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍