• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris9341
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Bye week

I want to know what your guys opinion is on teams bye weeks and when they are scheduled? Do teams have a advantage if they have an early bye week or if it's some where in the middle of the season? How about late in the season like ours is in week 10. Personally myself I would rather it be in the middle of the season although with all the injuries we have right now having a bye week early wouldn't hurt.
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
    I want to know what your guys opinion is on teams bye weeks and when they are scheduled? Do teams have a advantage if they have an early bye week or if it's some where in the middle of the season? How about late in the season like ours is in week 10. Personally myself I would rather it be in the middle of the season although with all the injuries we have right now having a bye week early wouldn't hurt.
    The first thing I thought of was that we could REALLY use a bye week now. But I agree, later in the year is probably better as these guys are so beat up anyway that doing it midway would probably be best.

Comment

• Beerman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Eastlake
      • Send PM

I think the main advantage is just getting healthy. This season it does seemingly come at an opportune time since we have a challenging schedule to finish off the year.

Just hope the team can get to the bye week semi intact. Not sure I remember a time when so many players are nursing some sort of injury or another.

We hopefully come out of the bye week with some extra players like Ingram and Clary.

Comment

• chris9341
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        The first thing I thought of was that we could REALLY use a bye week now. But I agree, later in the year is probably better as these guys are so beat up anyway that doing it midway would probably be best.
        Take a team like the donkeys they just had there bye week so if injuries start piling up on them they won't have anything to help cushion the blow to there team with a rash of injuries. For us it's a matter of staying healthy enough until we reach our bye week.

Comment

• bonehead
          Undrafted
          • Jul 2013
          • TBD
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Yeah for me the late bye is preferred ... But we could sure use it now.
          Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Panama
            パナマ
            • Aug 2013
            • London
            • Opera singer and web developer.
            • Send PM

I want the bye week scheduled whenever I have a Sunday evening rehearsal I can't get out of. This season it works out almost perfectly.
            Adipose

Comment

• Panama
              パナマ
              • Aug 2013
              • London
              • Send PM

The nice thing about the bye this season is that we'll have three of them.
              Adipose

Comment

• chris9341
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                I want the bye week scheduled whenever I have a Sunday evening rehearsal I can't get out of. This season it works out almost perfectly.
                I'm guessing you do some type of acting if you have rehearsals?

Comment

• Panama
                  パナマ
                  • Aug 2013
                  • London
                  • Send PM

I'm guessing you do some type of acting if you have rehearsals?
                  Very poor acting. I'm an opera singer.
                  Adipose

Comment

• Wheels
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • San Diego
                    • Send PM

I definitely prefer later in the season. The Donkeys get kinda screwed with a bye this early, which is fine with me. I remember the Chargers getting a week 3 bye a few years ago, and wasn't happy about that. It might have helped us this season given our injury situation, but we're in the midst of the easiest portion of our schedule, so I prefer they push through and hopefully once we get the bye, we can get rested and make a strong push to end the season.

If we could choose the bye week, I'd take the latest possible each season.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                      Charger Fan till the end
                      • Jun 2013
                      • North Carolina
                      • Send PM

We just had a bye? Being able to rest a few guys last week I think was the right call. I want Choo Choo back and Addae healthy too so hope

I prefer the mid season byes. Week 3 sucks ass IMO....yes it gets them a mandatory few days rest but better later than soon IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X