Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Week 5 betting lines

Here are my thoughts on the lines going into this week:

Biggest bet of the week:

Cincy -1 - Cincy is coming off their bye week, and AJ Green should be a much bigger part of their offense. NE is struggling vs the run and pass, and their offense looks totally out of sync. I don't see them able to push the ball down the field, their OLine is getting thrashed, and I do't think their run game will do much vs the Bengals.

Also like:
    Cleveland -1 @ Tenn - Tenn has issues all over the map. They also struggle vs the run, which should play into Cleveland's strength.

Tampa +10 @NO: Until is see NO play better on offense AND defense, 10 points is too many. Tampa should be able to move the ball in the run game, and set up play action deep down the field. Glennon is much better at doing this, and I think Murphy will be adequate in replacing Evans. I expect a big game from Jackson exposing the weak coverage by NO.

SEA - 6.5 vs Wash: I will buy the point to make it less than a touchdown. SEA, although not a good road team, should put pressure on Cousins and limit Morris in the run game. Lynch and Harvin should have a field day vs a badly banged up Wash D.

Giants -4 vs Atlanta: Both offense and defense of NYG appear to have turned a corner. Atl struggles on D vs the run and pass and is totally incapable of putting pressure on the QB, which is Sheli's achilles heal. I expect them to pound Jennings at the soft Atlanta D, then use play action to Donnell and the WRs. Atlanta is a terrible road team.

PITT -6 vs Jacksonville: After a bad home loss to TB, I expect PITT to use Bell, Brown, and Miller to expose the weakest D in the NFL. I do not think Jax has the weapons to take advantage of a banged up PITT defense. Small bet here.

Balt +3.5 @ Indy: I will take the hook and the better defense. Baltimore should be able to put pressure on Luck and keep the game close. I wold not be surprised if they pulled the upset outright in this one.
  • Beerman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Eastlake
    • Send PM

Oof hate a lot of those lines.

I like Sea and Pitt.

Good luck!

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
      Oof hate a lot of those lines.

I like Sea and Pitt.

Good luck!
      Thanks. SEA and PITT are my second tier and mid sized bets. The rest are smaller. I will also put them together on a teaser, and am planning a 3 game parlay with Cincy SEA and Pitt as well.

Now I am looking at the CFB lines...

Comment

• Panama
        パナマ
        • Aug 2013
        • London
        • Opera singer and web developer.
        • Send PM

I don't bet spreads. I never seem to get them right. Too many variables at play. I just take heads-up winners, usually in parlays. Other than SD-Sea, I have yet to bet this season, though. I don't quite yet feel I have a sense for all the teams.
        Adipose

Comment

• sandiego17
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Wouldn't touch the cincy-ne game. Not that it doesn't appear to be the best bet, it does, just not sure I trust Dalton to win a game vs. NE when they are expected to win. Only bet I've made is SD-Sea too. I like good teams that are home underdogs.

Comment

• rikardo
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Bill and Tom (NE) have great record after they lose a game. I expect NE to win...

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Biggest bet of the week:

Cincy -1 - Cincy is coming off their bye week, and AJ Green should be a much bigger part of their offense. NE is struggling vs the run and pass, and their offense looks totally out of sync. I don't see them able to push the ball down the field, their OLine is getting thrashed, and I do't think their run game will do much vs the Bengals.

Also like:
              Cleveland -1 @ Tenn - Tenn has issues all over the map. They also struggle vs the run, which should play into Cleveland's strength.

Tampa +10 @NO: Until is see NO play better on offense AND defense, 10 points is too many. Tampa should be able to move the ball in the run game, and set up play action deep down the field. Glennon is much better at doing this, and I think Murphy will be adequate in replacing Evans. I expect a big game from Jackson exposing the weak coverage by NO.

SEA - 6.5 vs Wash: I will buy the point to make it less than a touchdown. SEA, although not a good road team, should put pressure on Cousins and limit Morris in the run game. Lynch and Harvin should have a field day vs a badly banged up Wash D.

Giants -4 vs Atlanta: Both offense and defense of NYG appear to have turned a corner. Atl struggles on D vs the run and pass and is totally incapable of putting pressure on the QB, which is Sheli's achilles heal. I expect them to pound Jennings at the soft Atlanta D, then use play action to Donnell and the WRs. Atlanta is a terrible road team.

PITT -6 vs Jacksonville: After a bad home loss to TB, I expect PITT to use Bell, Brown, and Miller to expose the weakest D in the NFL. I do not think Jax has the weapons to take advantage of a banged up PITT defense. Small bet here.

Balt +3.5 @ Indy: I will take the hook and the better defense. Baltimore should be able to put pressure on Luck and keep the game close. I wold not be surprised if they pulled the upset outright in this one.
              Without any analysis at all, you're 50% right. That's how betting goes.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by rikardo View Post
                Bill and Tom (NE) have great record after they lose a game. I expect NE to win...
                Well Tom and Bill are not playing with the same offensive explosion of years past. I am comfortable with my bet .

Doubt Dalton all you want. All he does is put up numbers and win....at least until January. Lol. He also has an excellent D to lean on.

Comment

• Yubaking
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Biggest bet of the week:

Also like:

I do not regularly bet NFL games, but my $.02 is:

I like CIN -1, but only think they will win a close game.

I think PIT -6 probably covers at JAC.

I really don't like TB +10 at NO (as in, if I had to bet it, I would bet it the other way and give the 10 points). NO is usually tough at home and they need the game. They are only 1-3, but all 3 losses were on the road and their one home game was a double digit point win. Two of their losses were close losses. They could just as easily be 3-1. (And I am kind of an anti-NO guy in that I root against them usually.)

I wouldn't touch any of the other games you listed--too unpredictable.

If I were betting, the game I like the most is the Lions -7 at home versus the Orton led Bills. That game smells like a blowout.

Good luck with your wagering.

Comment

• Boltergeist
                    Pesky apparition
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Baja Oklahoma
                    • Send PM

I'll take the over on 1000 posts in the Te'o thread.

Comment

• Yubaking
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltergeist View Post
                      I'll take the over on 1000 posts in the Te'o thread.
                      Save your money. I am running out of energy for too many more posts in that thread.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                        No Sir, I Dont Like It
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Section 457
                        • Migrant Film Worker
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
                        Save your money. I am running out of energy for too many more posts in that thread.
                        Would've put money against that...
                        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X