A "lure block"
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Dirtiest play I ever saw was when Tenn intentionally took out Merriman's knee.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• sandiego17
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
        Dirtiest play I ever saw was when Tenn intentionally took out Merriman's knee.
        Jeff Fisher should be banned from the NFL, F that guy. He's the ultimate POS. That hit on Gates in the playoffs is up there too.

Comment

• Roger Goodell
          Your Commissioner
          • Sep 2014
          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
          http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ians/16807605/

Officials correctly penalized the Denver Broncos for an illegal chop block on the play that injured Arizona Cardinals defensive end Calais Campbell, an NFL spokesman said Monday morning.

League spokesman Michael Signora told USA TODAY Sports via e-mail that the play was flagged because Broncos tight end Julius Thomas blocked Campbell in the "area of the thigh or lower" while left tackle Ryan Clady was engaging Campbell's upper body.

Signora said the Broncos also committed a "lure block" on the play because while Thomas went low, Clady, "confronts the defensive player in a pass-blocking posture but is not physically engaged with the defensive player."

The penalty on the play wiped out a 77-yard touchdown reception for Denver's Demaryius Thomas.

Campbell suffered what the Cardinals believe to be a sprained medial collateral ligament and is expected to miss about four weeks, head coach Bruce Arians said Sunday night.

Arians was livid about the block, calling it the "dirtiest play I've ever seen" and said that someone would need to "answer to that."

Signora said a decision whether Thomas or Clady, or both, will be fined will come later this week.

Cardinals lose to Broncos, face tough road in NFC West
          Thomas told USA TODAY Sports on Sunday night that he did not intend to hurt Campbell, and he sought out a Cardinals player to apologize to Campbell after the game. Thomas said there was a miscommunication with Clady that resulted in both players attempting to block Campbell simultaneously.

"I guarantee that being dirty is not a part of my game, and to intentionally hurt somebody is not something I would ever do," Thomas said.
          I don't ever enjoy seeing a player get injured. However, the gentlemen of this fan forum know equally well that I also don't enjoy seeing a great offensive play negated by what appeared to be a simple lure block, and in all likelihood, a misunderstanding of player assignment. To make up for Demaryius Thomas' missed touchdown, I am awarding the Broncos five 3rd round supplemental draft picks in the 2015 NFL draft, which will be hosted by the fine city of Chicago. Did you know that Jay Cutler plays there? We love that kid's moxy. He's a fiery competitor.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Artie Donovan used to talk about waking off the field and kicking a player who was laying on the ground in the face. And about another player who had a cast on his arm that was using it as a club. Football has a history of dirty, you just have to deal with it.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
              A "lure block"
              Is that like a " molly woo"?
              Go Rivers!

Comment

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                Is that like a " molly woo"?
                No, that's what happens just before Molly gets it hard and fast.

Comment

Working...
                X