• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Bo is quickly becoming my favorite RB, tossing Woodson aside like a muppet practically seals it.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

look at #27 get knocked back as well. (he's the one Tutu is blocking initially)

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Could Oliver win Offensive Rookie of the Year? Sammy Watkins and Kelvin Benjamin are both doing well, but Keenan Allen also had a great rookie season and got beat out by a RB. I think Oliver has a chance for 1000 yards rushing, even with Mathews back. The first year Mathews rushed for 1k he was splitting carries with Tolbert who got over 700 yards and 10 TDs. I also expect Oliver to get all the looks in the red zone for the rest of the season. It's doable.
        Last edited by Antonio's Gates; 10-15-2014, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• attila
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2014
          • Send PM

I hope he gets the majority of the carries when Mathews comes back. He's got a shot at OROY in that case as the candidates don't seem that strong so far.
          Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
          I also expect Oliver to get all the looks in the red zone for the rest of the season.
          Hope so. Feels like Rivers is already way more confident in Oliver than Mathews. Rivers also addressed how good Oliver's ball security is to the press after the game.
          Last edited by attila; 10-15-2014, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• Beerman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Eastlake
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
            Could Oliver win Offensive Rookie of the Year? Sammy Watkins and Kelvin Benjamin are both doing well, but Keenan Allen also had a great rookie season and got beat out by a RB. I think Oliver has a chance for 1000 yards rushing, even with Mathews back. The first year Mathews rushed for 1k he was splitting carries with Tolbert who got over 700 yards and 10 TDs. I also expect Oliver to get all the looks in the red zone for the rest of the season. It's doable.
            Started too late IMO and Matthews will inevitably cut into his touches.

The guy I think has a chance is Verrett. He's really only behind Fuller right now because Fuller got some INTs early in the season, but Verrett is simply locking down sides and is starting to get a lot of national recognition. If he can sprinkle 3-4 more INTs this year, maybe a TD, he's gonna have a great shot at it. Of course he needs to continue with his excellent play. The spotlight will be squarely on him when we face the Donkeys.

I don't think any of the WRs will have the numbers to make a run at it (nor the QBs to get them there). All the other RBs have sucked ass.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Benjamin will definitely have the numbers for it. He's on pace for over 1k yards and 10+ tds

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

Watkins has a chance now that Orton is playing. I don't think he will have the impact of BO, but Orton throws a lot of decent passes for 3 quarters before he screws up and gives the game away. Benjamin has a real chance in Carolina, although they like to spread the ball out and Olson is having a great season. The other RB are going to have to get really hot to catch Oliver, and if they haven't yet, I think they will come on too slow to be a serious challenger.

We all know how much McCoy loves his balance, so even if Mathews comes back, I still think there are a lot of carries for both, provided we know the names of anyone starting on the OL. But if the injuries slow or stop, then he has a chance to be pretty impressive. Did anyone else notice the OL surge on the goalline on the TD run? They may be sorta sloppy, but the OL is slowly getting it done, despite the unfortunate circumstances.

Fuller and Verrett are really the only two guys who I think are deserving of DROY. Both are playing like seasoned vets on defenses that really needed help at those spots, and they are not only solid, but playing like they should get serious pro bowl consideration. I would give Fuller the nod right now, but it is still very close, and with all the time Verrett missed in the offseason, I would expect him to come on strong.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Go Rivers!

Comment

• MakoShark
                    Disgruntled
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Alabama
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                    Nice. He broke out LT's old jump-step move.

Isn't that what LT used to call it?
                    sigpic

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

The jump move LT would talk about is the cut in the hole. This was BO just being patient and taking his time until the handoff was ready. IF he had just charged at the hole full speed, the ball wouldn't even be in Rivers hands yet when BO would be past. So, the RB has to slow things down and be ready for the ball.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍